PDA

View Full Version : Average amounts consumed by patients?

Feijao
08-10-2009, 01:30 AM
What do you guys think is the average amount of mj smoked in a week is by most patients?

oldman420
08-10-2009, 03:38 AM
What do you guys think is the average amount of mj smoked in a week is by most patients?

it really depends on the person, an average sized male can prob go through 2-3 grams a day if he can aford it.
my patient has to eat it so fo him its an ounce.
I know another person that just smokes a bowl a day.
its really hard to guess that one

Feijao
08-10-2009, 06:37 AM
So 3 grams a day would be on the high side of daily usage for your patients? I am trying to figure out a number so I can figure out what kind of sales would need to be made to truthfully provide free meds to my patients in the future.

oldman420
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
the deal I had with my patient was that he pay for the electricity and any soil rw cubes nutrients etc.
i honestly never sold any to anyone else I of course smoked for free and considered this my payment.
a safe estimate for this situation would be a half ounce per week per patient.
the only problem with that is that you will have to grow way more than 6 plants to achieve that amount.
in a way its a catch 22 as with 6 plants no more than 3 in flower there is no way to grow enough to maintain a steady supply for your patients. even if you grow giant plants as there is also a 2 z limit as to how much you can possess
out of compassion for my patient I broke the rule and had over 100 pplants in process at a time, staggered so i was able to harvest 5 or so a week. this worked well and kept my patient in meds that is till the popo broke down my door and destroyed my garden.
even though this was ilegal for them to do they didnt care as the feds just picked up the case. now i am facing 5 or more years federal if I lose my case
was it worth it?
hell to the yes it was.
they say dont do the crime if you cant do the time so here i go baby

gangagirl
08-11-2009, 04:05 PM
3 grams a day.

NatureLover
08-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Here's a great reference guide to dosages and yeild sizes per number of plants and square feet of garden space.

http://www.safeaccessnow.net/pdf/cannabisyieldsdosage-rgb.pdf

Also, you can get a form to submit with your application so that your doctor can recommend that you can legally have more plants than the default limit of six, so that you can medicate yourself appropriately to meet your needs.

It's helpful if you bring a copy of that PDF along with you to your doctor if you're trying to get him or her to sign your application for more additional plants, to provide some scientific justification for your request.

The federal government provides a very few people with marijuana cigarettes for medical purposes due to a federal program that was shut down early in the 70's. These people now get about 300 joints per month issued and pre-rolled from the federal government, which sets a scientific precedent for comparable dosages for state patients. It works out to something like an ounce per week, or a little more than an 8th per day. All that is described in the PDF above, Cannabis Dosage and Yield

So in the context of Colorado this means the legal limit of two ounces is a two week supply and in order to maintain that supply one needs to have a garden producing a continuous supply of 2 ounces every two weeks since the person cannot possess more than 2 ounces or a two week supply at once. Therefore, many patients really must have more than six plants in order to meet their medicinal needs, unless they are going to be harvesting a 2 oz plant every two weeks and somehow keep the cycle going individually with six plants.

palerider7777
08-24-2009, 02:28 AM
it really depends on the person, an average sized male can prob go through 2-3 grams a day if he can aford it.
my patient has to eat it so fo him its an ounce.
I know another person that just smokes a bowl a day.
its really hard to guess that one

i agree i have never smoked it only eat and maybe vape so it depends.

irydyum
08-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Hey OldMan, sorry to hear you are facing a case. :( Damn the man, damn the man. It makes my stomach turn every time I read that someone gets rolled on. Best of luck with it, and we have a bunch of ears if you need to vent about it