PDA

View Full Version : CO caregiver questions

Feijao
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey guys I have tried to get some of these questions taken are of at other forums but still need some help. I am getting ready to have a lawyer help with some stuff for about 1000 but want to have a precise list of questions when I travel to see him as well.

If a patient is allowed 2 oz and 6 plants at a time how much smokable weed is the caregiver allowed to have at a time in order to provide for his "patients"? It seems like it would be hard to provide for a several patients with this type of limit. I have some more questions about that topic but will wait to see what you guys think first.

If I was running a delivery service for my "patients" and I was out delivering 2 oz to 8 people would it be legal for me to have 1 pound of pot on me? If so would I also have to have proof that I was the caregiver for the 8 people I was on the way to help if pulled over or something on hand?

How much marijuana would a caregiver be able to purchase at a time if he was not able to provide enough medicine for his "patients" at the time of harvest?

After re-reading this it seems that all the questions are kind of the same or atleast linked.

Thanks in advance fellas,

TeKNiQUE
08-09-2009, 09:17 PM
If a patient is allowed 2 oz and 6 plants at a time how much smokable weed is the caregiver allowed to have at a time in order to provide for his "patients"? It seems like it would be hard to provide for a several patients with this type of limit.

The limit is set for *1* patient. Depending on the number of patients the Caregiver has, depends on how much usable marijuana your aloud to have. *2 Ounces per Patient* However you would think that around harvest time you will yeild and exceed the limit. If you had *1* patient that means you would have three plants mature. So three plants could yeild over half a pound. You take the plant and cut it at its base. Actually hang the plant upside down when its time to harvest. When it dries you can take as much as you need off the plant. While the plant is hanging it counts as one of your mature plants. So if you have one hanging you could have two still growing. Although the plant is dry it is still in accordance with Colorado state law as a mature plant.

If I was running a delivery service for my "patients" and I was out delivering 2 oz to 8 people would it be legal for me to have 1 pound of pot on me? If so would I also have to have proof that I was the caregiver for the 8 people I was on the way to help if pulled over or something on hand?

Yes you would be able to have a pound on you. But ONLY if you have legal documentation that you are the caregiver for the patients you are delivering to. As long as you have proof for EACH patient and no more then two ounces per patient you will be abiding by the law.

How much marijuana would a caregiver be able to purchase at a time if he was not able to provide enough medicine for his "patients" at the time of harvest?.

You would only be able to purchase up to two ounces per patient. It is still the same limit as if you were growing it. You might want to call and ask the dispensary you are going to visit if they will do more then two ounces if you had more then one patient.

TeK:hippy:

Feijao
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
So would the following scenario be within the law

50 Patients = 150 Mature/150 Inmature and 100oz of flower at one time to be within the restrictions of CO law. 100oz is 6 1/4 pound of finished product. If I were getting 4oz per plant that would mean that I would of harvested 25 plants. Now I have 125 mature plants hanging upside down, 150 in veg and 6 1/4 pounds. This is still within limits correct?

If that is correct everytime you get rid of the 100oz you could trim another 100oz from the hanging plants and be within the law?

Maybe this is all wrong. If it is can you tell me how you could make this work out. I guess a type of grow were you havested once a week would be smart?

palerider7777
08-23-2009, 04:02 AM
nice i had the very same ???? and good answers if they are correct.:thumbsup:

pfunk211
08-23-2009, 07:05 AM
the doctor recommendation that my lady has just says that she needs more than the preset six plant, two ounce limit. it doesn't define an amount, just whatever is medically necessary.

a kid in boulder was recently tried and acquitted with 30 plants flowering without the recommendation,

it's up to him, the doctor. with his/her recommendation, you can have whatever you 'need', and that's a really hard thing for them to nail down in court.

in theory, if you serve ten patients, you can possess twenty ounces of usable smoke and have thirty plants flowering. there is no number for edibles that i have read. you'll need documentation that you are registered. i read that the paper trail is very important to keep your head above water.

palerider7777
08-23-2009, 02:20 PM
here's another ?? i had,say your having to start over here and you are doing it from seed.we all know it's a 50/50 to 70/30 shot for male/female from seed as an avg start.so can u only grow the 6 out and cull half of them being males? that seems like a lot of extra time to get to your 6 plant count? or can u go say 12 and get your 6 or so out of that knowing 1/2 or so will be males?

the same ? goes for sexing? can u take cuttings early method to find your fems? that would double your count so to speak for a while anyways??:cool:

mellystableboy
08-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey palerider7777, sorry about the mixup, check my thread when you get a chance?

greeley
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Just moved here and get my permit on Friday. Do you know any caregivers
in northern Co.? Thanks

Hey guys I have tried to get some of these

questions taken are of at other forums but still need some help. I am getting ready to have a lawyer help with some stuff for about 1000 but want to have a precise list of questions when I travel to see him as well.

If a patient is allowed 2 oz and 6 plants at a time how much smokable weed is the caregiver allowed to have at a time in order to provide for his "patients"? It seems like it would be hard to provide for a several patients with this type of limit. I have some more questions about that topic but will wait to see what you guys think first.

How much marijuana would a caregiver be able to purchase at a time if he was not able to provide enough medicine for his "patients" at the time of harvest?

After re-reading this it seems that all the questions are kind of the same or atleast linked.

Thanks in advance fellas,

palerider7777
09-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Just moved here and get my permit on Friday. Do you know any caregivers
in northern Co.? Thanks

im looking for a few patients, i'll make a thread on it tho so i don't high jack this thread.

waterdog
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I really think you are missing the fact that the PATIENT AND CAREGIVER can only possess 2 oz collectivly...So if you deliver 2oz to a patient then your patient has their 2oz and if you (caregiver) get popped you cannot have any meds for that patient..(2 oz collectivly)...This is the way my doctor explained it to me..... Peace....

waterdog

pfunk211
09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
but, with the extra weight, you could be on your way to your next patient's place.

affirmative defense.

LegalizeItNow
09-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Just a heads up here: The Colorado Board of Health is trying really hard to argue to limit caregivers to a few patients--so this would be a really good time to stick 100% to the letter of the law and not count on being able to talk your way out of something. The last thing you want is to be the reason they use to argue to limit caregivers.

I think the answers already given here are correct as to my understanding: The caregiver can possess the legal amount per patient until it is transferred to the patient, at which point that is subtracted from the caregiver's total limit. So if you have 50 patients and none of them are in possession of any product, you can have 100 oz of smokable marijuana; but if 25 of them have 2 oz each, you can only possess 50 oz.

Feijao
09-10-2009, 06:01 AM
"The Colorado Board of Health is trying really hard to argue to limit caregivers to a few patients"

Didnt they just have a vote on this in July and didnt it get shot down? I am pretty sure that it did and am sure they are not trying to try again to change it so soon.

"So if you have 50 patients and none of them are in possession of any product, you can have 100 oz of smokable marijuana; but if 25 of them have 2 oz each, you can only possess 50 oz."

I dont see law enforcement being able to get you and 50 patients in a room to count the sum of all the weed that both patients and the caregiver have at any one time. Might be the law but seems extremely hard to enforce.

palerider7777
09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
"The Colorado Board of Health is trying really hard to argue to limit caregivers to a few patients"

Didnt they just have a vote on this in July and didnt it get shot down? I am pretty sure that it did and am sure they are not trying to try again to change it so soon.

"So if you have 50 patients and none of them are in possession of any product, you can have 100 oz of smokable marijuana; but if 25 of them have 2 oz each, you can only possess 50 oz."

I dont see law enforcement being able to get you and 50 patients in a room to count the sum of all the weed that both patients and the caregiver have at any one time. Might be the law but seems extremely hard to enforce.

yes they did and yes it was shot down. and the only way i could see them catching u in say the patient already had 2 oz and u brought them the 2 they asked for i'd think that would be on the patients wrong doing not the caregiver.how the hell are caregivers to know what the patients have?u can buy from anywhere as a patient not just the caregiver.

only other way i could see it happening is if leo busted a patient for having more than they should then trying to get them to set you up.then again as long as u don't know what the patient is doing as in if they call u and say hey i have an o but i'd like u to bring me 2 more well then u would have knowledge of it and then could get in trouble.but only if they were trying to set u up.