PDA

View Full Version : Making Hashish

jadeius
03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I really need help making hash. I would rather not purchase the bags, I'm mostly just experimenting. I saw a recipe that says to make a powder with the dried bud and shake it in a jar with ice cold water and the hash settles at the bottom. Has anyone tried this? Any good results? I hear that you're not supposed to use coffee filters because the pores are too big, is this true? If so, couldn't you just pour off most of the water and let the rest evaporate? This method seems like it would work, but I wanted to try to get some advice before I ended up wasting some really good weed. Could I use smaller amounts than a quarter ounce? I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

del...
03-28-2005, 10:08 PM
the bags filter out plant material. what you are thinking about doing will work but you'll still have a shitload of greenery and very low quality "hash"...not the real deal. you can do the silk screen a little cheaper but as a proud owner of the 7 bag, 5 gal bubblebag system i must say they're the only way to go! but the 5 bag system is enough...

if you want to try your method get some 1/4" tubing for syphoning. mix everything up like you would with bubblebags but after 15-20 minutes of stirring in the ice water let settle and syphon off only what settles on the bottom. you'll still get some greenery but not near as much as you would if straining entire bucket. the stuff at the bottom is what you're after. i have seen it done but it takes a clear bucket or jar so you can see what you're syphoning. but the bubblebags make it ever so much easier and are worth every penny...

jadeius
03-28-2005, 10:23 PM
So could I use a silk screen with my method? I've already started it...the green is not mixing all too well, and quite a bit of it is settling on the bottom. But I'm just gonna keep on and keep on shaking the damned thing and get what I can out of it. How would I go about screening the green out of the resin if I were to use a silk screen? I get the siphoning thing, I may just try that. Hell, if it all fails, I'm just gonna make some butter out of all of it. :D

Lucagrow
04-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a 'how to make hash' video on my computer, its about 10 minutes long and seriously if i had known how easy it was to make hash before i seen this video i would have started YEARS ago, i am more than happy to share this video around just email me at mesinjah @ hotmail.com and ask me for it, i will then upload it to my server and provide a download link.

del...
04-03-2005, 07:53 AM
you can use the ice water method through the silk screen i 'spose...i can't see how it would be any diff from strain thru the bags other than you'll only have one screen (but i have never used silk screen either) you might need something a bit bigger too for straining out most of the green...maybe panty hose? just guessing...but seems like you would need at least one more stage to clear out more garbage...good luck

if you know of other growers in your area maybe you could all pitch in and buy a set of the bags.

Lucagrow
04-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Here is the download link for that hash video http://s88669335.onlinehome.us/hash.mpg teaches an extremely easy method of hash production

the happy chappie
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
hi jadeius, i am in the same boat as you mate, i got the gear but i cant make my mind up what method to use, dels bags i know will be great and will squeeze evey last drop of goodness out, i have also seen an electric tumbler ( this looks the bizz ) so simple and very ifficient and grading of your hash is still atainable, my only concern here was that they are eletric and machanical and if they went wrong how easy would it be to get fixed, and parts could be expensive, however i did like this. and the silk screen looks pretty tempting especialy as its the cheapest effective way, and still does the job, can you let me know how your first bit came out like, my trim and bud are drying now and i need to make my mind up also, ... peace to you ...

Zandor
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Chappie.....The Ice bags are safe, efficient, quick and easy and cheep to use in the long run. That's what I use. I have the 6 bag 5 gallon kit from http://www.kabulbaba.com and built my own press.

Zandor
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
With the bags you get different quality too from each screen. I save 4 out of the 6 bags and 66 micron is my favorite and makes the most too. The 25 are the best but you donā??t get that much. The 43 are good but I like the taste of the 66-micron better.

Lucagrow
04-04-2005, 05:19 AM
The method you guys use seems difficult, the method in the video i posted takes about an hour to make yourself a small brick of good hash without all the green shit!

the happy chappie
04-04-2005, 06:38 AM
hi guys, that vid was cool mate, its showed me what i wanted to know, so am i right in thinking that about 1.... 8th of hash comes from about 1 and a half ounces of trim / bud, this i fine with me , i have made my mind up i am gonna get the bubble bags, i am worried about ordering stuff over the net so i will order them from my headshop, i will ask for help and will post step by step pics of me making my first hash,.......peace to you all

Lucagrow
04-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Pics are good, a sample would be even better :D

the happy chappie
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
hi jadeius, and everybody else , i would like to posts some pics here shortly if thats ok. , i am about to start making my first lil bit of hash, and i think it might help with any decions any body wants to make about what method to use.

i have some smaller tops as well as pop corn bud and tip leaves that i shall atempt to make hash with. in total about 2 and a half ounces of different bud, and about the same in best trim, 5 ounce of dried very frosty, sticky, super smelly ww/bd , i will keep the bigger tops just in case i cock up miserabely.

i am hoping that by thursday i will have bought my resin extraction system, i will go with the bubble bag method, proberbly the six or seven bag kit.

i hope this will be of some help to anybody whome relys and uses cannabis for medicinal purposes and might be interested in my results both medicinaly and yeild ,
i will need some help also as like i said this is my first hash bash, i will post pics next time i get a chance ..... peace to you

del...
04-08-2005, 08:49 PM
there is a good info/directions page at bubbleman.com too. it helped me with the 1st session then was modified a bit...like the mixing in a bucket only before straining. but it's a good guide that's very detailed, in case you still have questions. i also found it helps speed the mixing if the dried greenery is frozen...

the happy chappie
04-09-2005, 08:19 AM
hi guys i have just done my first extraction with the bubble bags, i have put all the info and pics in my thread, (i want to make hash from my girls leaves) from start to finish, check it out it might help you, it was so easy ......... peace

jadeius
04-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Looks excellent happy chappie. Well, since you did the bags, I will sooner or later try the silk screen like in the video (I'm a long ass way from harvesting). I'll post my results when it happens.