PDA

View Full Version : FYI Grandfathered Penalties

MJGaSukiDesu
07-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Just a little info in case anyone is in a similar situation:

I got a dui recently (march) and when arrested i had weed in my pocket. At the time, I was looking into getting a medical license. But, b/c of the weed, i was put on random u/a's. And, since I was put under penalty before I was approved for my license, even if I were to now get the license, according to my lawyer and alcohol counselor, I would still get in trouble for failing a u/a for thc even with the license.

Cant wait for this year to pass so I can get my license and be able to enjoy it.

Hope that this helps anyone that is under penalty thinking that they'll be able to smoke once they get their license

TeKNiQUE
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
If you have your license. You can't get in trouble for it I don't think. Like any other medicine. It shows up in your UA (Morphine, Vicadine, anything). I'm not to sure though.

MJGaSukiDesu
08-07-2009, 07:38 AM
That's what i thought too but, my alcohol counselor said that because i didn't have the card when i got the dui and then was put on u/a's, the punishment would still be in effect for failing my drug tests, with or without the card. I emailed NORML and they haven't gotten back to me yet and my attorney for the dui is out of town for another week so I haven't been able to get ahold of him.

More bad news, talked to the probation lady, she wants to put me on u/a's for another year....i already haven't smoked since march. these have been some trying times.

TeKNiQUE
08-08-2009, 06:29 PM
You should contact the registry maybe. Google the Colorado Department of Health and Environment. I bet they would know the answer.

TeK:hippy:

oldman420
08-11-2009, 06:08 AM
if you are on pretrial ua's then the judge has ordered you to not do any drugs that are not medicine, however if you do aquire your licence you can petition the court to allow you to use it.
for instance if you had a tooth extraction and were prescribed vicoden or some other opiate it would show up in your ua but thats ok as it was medicine and not recreational use.
as to being on probation or parole they may try to tell you that you cannot use your medicine but again you can petition the court to force your po to ignore thc in your uas
you are by law allowed to use medicine while in pretreial or on paper. even in custody you have a right you just cant smoke in jail so it would have to be in capsules or eaten.
thats my understanding of it at least.
best of luck and I hope that your health improves