PDA

View Full Version : opening dispensary

odessa
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
hello, I am opening a dispensary in south denver very soon and am having issues finding quality strains of product? anyone have any info on where to obtain?

GratefulMeds
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I can help you out with several quality strains at fair prices,

Mark
Grateful Meds
(303) 258-7703
Nederland Colorado

gwendy35
11-03-2009, 06:25 PM
good stuff at grateful meds

neversummer
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
hello, I am opening a dispensary in south denver very soon and am having issues finding quality strains of product? anyone have any info on where to obtain?

You should not open a dispensary if you cant find quality strains. You need to learn how to grow first, then open a dispensary and sell what you grow. There are more than enough dspensaries already, especially ones with average medecine. If you grow your own you will make a lot more profit, and be able to provide your patients with cheaper prices. Use soil, it makes the medecine taste better

Dietblonde
11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I agree with neversummer. I'm at a point where I ask over the phone if a dispensary grows their own, because if they don't, I go elsewhere.

There's a correlation between places that don't grow their own and issues like higher prices and ignorance of product knowledge. I've bought strains that weren't as advertised, on a couple occasions. In fact, some of these places only seemed interested in making profits.

We need more dispensaries that are unique and have newer strains to try. Grow your own! (However, if you carry the Grateful Meds line, I'd rather drive to your dispensary than going all the way to Nederland!)

lampost
11-05-2009, 03:35 AM
I agree with neversummer. I'm at a point where I ask over the phone if a dispensary grows their own, because if they don't, I go elsewhere.

There's a correlation between places that don't grow their own and issues like higher prices and ignorance of product knowledge. I've bought strains that weren't as advertised, on a couple occasions. In fact, some of these places only seemed interested in making profits.

We need more dispensaries that are unique and have newer strains to try. Grow your own! (However, if you carry the Grateful Meds line, I'd rather drive to your dispensary than going all the way to Nederland!)

I agree with above posters wholeheartedly. Do not open a dispensary!
Ask yourself this: what can I offer to patients that other dispensaries can't? And it sounds like the answer is nothing. I'm with Dietblonde, if a dispensary doesn't grow, I don't even bother. The reason being is that they're getting secondhand meds and charging more. And most importantly, their main motive is likely profit. Any smart connoisseur will avoid these dispensaries like the plague.
May I ask what you motive is to open a dispensary? You obviously don't have quality medicine to offer! Not trying to be a dick, but last thing we need is everyone who's dissatisfied with their 9-5 trying to open up a dispensary! As mentioned above, there are already way more than what is needed! I think a lot will fold once people catch on that there's top quality for fair prices elsewhere. And it should be noted that the more dispensaries that open up, the more negative attention will be thrust upon us.
I'm not against new dispensaries, but if you wanna open one up in this saturated marketplace, you sure as hell better be bringing the fire OR some groundbreaking business plan.
I give you this advice for your own good and for the good of the scene. Don't get me wrong, what an amazing job it would be to run a dispensary. But, we've missed the boat me friend.

GreenShadows
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
I would just like to thank all the posters above because I have dreams that include dispensing medicine.

But I have too ask too, what motivated you to want to open a dispensary. :) :thumbsup: :joint1:

kindunos
11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I would just like to thank all the posters above because I have dreams that include dispensing medicine.

But I have too ask too, what motivated you to want to open a dispensary. :) :thumbsup: :joint1:

I think a lot of patients and especially us smaller caregivers entertain thoughts of opening a dispensary. Despite how many have popped up I still think new patient registrations are outpacing the dispensary openings. The Denver Post reported that the Board of Health receives 400+ registrations a day now, and I think there is still a lot of room for differentiation in the market.

Viva variety and the entrepreneurial spirit :D

MEDEDCANNABIS
11-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I believe that some people opened dispensaries beacause they love to grow, period. That was thier only motivation was to make a living doing something they are passionate about. I am curious as to where all this money came from to start all of these dispenaries? Makes one wonder.

meded so you can mededicate and mededitate or perhaps mededebate

puntacometa
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM

I'm a caregiver on the western slope with over 25 strains growing. You can PM me. I'm sort of curious as to why you would be opening a dispensary without a dependable supply of quality meds already, but in any event, that is something I have here and I get over to the front range fairly often.

Spacedet01
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
nice list! Is that SB-X3..sourbubble Bx3?

sbniceguy
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
I opened Colorado Care in boulder because I had brain cancer and during my radiation I though up every hour for 6 weeks and the only thing that helped is this. I was a computer programmer before and after that everything changed for me. I love growing and helping people. People FIRST!!!