PDA

View Full Version : brain-bending philosophical things thought up while stoned/high

matrixhomie
07-13-2009, 03:14 AM
i couldnt find a thread that talked about this so i made one.
-----------------------------------
sometimes when im really fucked up i start thinking about things a stoner shouldnt be thinking of.
i thought that math really doesnt make sense and its just numbers coming together and transformer to make another number. and theres no logical pattern to it just a random change.

ive heard of some guy saying "life is like a big ying yang cookie and i want to take a big 'ol bite outve it" or something like that while stoned.

id like to hear what you guys have thought up while smoking the ganja.

tha_green_ghost
07-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure how philosophical this may sound, or if it comes out sounding dumb...BUT Some times when I'm stoned, or even just concentrating on it...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body. But dig this too! If we are Human Beings each with a "spirit", doesn't a dog have a spirit? What's the difference between his spirit and my spirit aside from what our body is? Maybe our identity is bound by our consciousness/ego....and MAYBE our spirits are all the same...dog, cat, human, whatever.( :wtf: ) Even further...plants are living things too! lol....

I don't know if I'm sounding dumb but, or making any sense to you, but this something I often ponder...especially when stoned ( which I am):jointsmile:

BlueBlazer
11-27-2009, 11:05 PM
...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

This is a concept you will find in the Buddhist religion. Heavily paraphrasing, our bodies are simply a vehicle for experiencing this physical plane.

Basically, this viewpoint separates the mind/spirit and body in the same manner a car and driver are separated. I'm just kind of disappointed that I got a VW Microbus instead of a Corvette . . . :mad:

:D

wingedson
11-28-2009, 04:19 AM
This is a concept you will find in the Buddhist religion. Heavily paraphrasing, our bodies are simply a vehicle for experiencing this physical plane.

Basically, this viewpoint separates the mind/spirit and body in the same manner a car and driver are separated. I'm just kind of disappointed that I got a VW Microbus instead of a Corvette . . . :mad:

:D

You just need a tune up mate. Just about everyone can tune up the 'ol "auto" mobile physiology.

BlueBlazer
11-28-2009, 04:32 AM
You just need a tune up mate. Just about everyone can tune up the 'ol "auto" mobile physiology.

lol, you're probably right. Too much gas and not enough go is my problem.

That didn't come out exactly how I meant it to.

BlueBlazer
12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't know if this is rightly philosophical, but it's pretty cool to contemplate.

Suppose time travel was possible and you traveled back to before you were born. Where did you come from? Also suppose you unintentionally change events so that your parents never meet. How are you still there? Or would you be?

Is the past immutable, or can a change made by a time traveler instantly change the present reality? Or would a change simply create a branching reality in a separate time line?

Suppose an older wiser you went back into time and met your younger self. What advice would you give yourself? Would you suddenly remember the event happening, or would you "kill" yourself by creating a branching time stream?

:S5:

crystalmage
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure how philosophical this may sound, or if it comes out sounding dumb...BUT Some times when I'm stoned, or even just concentrating on it...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body.

I have a philosophy/religion site. I've actually been considering something similair. I havn't really gotten into that yet on my site. To really get into that I wanted to make a video. Here's my website. www.thelovinggod.com (http://www.thelovinggod.com/) check it out it.

Back to what you are saying. So from what I understand certain interpretations of recent discoveries in science would suggest that their may not exist an objective external world.

So i've been considering something like this.

Now imagine a multi player video game. The world you are in doesn't really exist. Each person has their own game screen/perspective where they render this imaginary game world and interact with each other.

lve2smk
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
I sometimes wonder about how life came into being because something can't be created out of nothing according to our understanding. And if there's a God (explosion, alien, ect.) what created him or it, or did it even have an origin or a birth? Science has a theory about the begining of the universe involving parallel worlds. According to this, anything someone does at this giving moment his doing the exact opposite in another universe, its preaty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SDrj4Tjvk&feature=related

MMLoco
02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
my friend called me crazy and i think he serious lol. i hadn't toked for a month so i was clean and i mixed mids wit some bomb ass weed(willie wonder). 3 heads on the blunt and i was out

anyway my friend brings up avitar and how it made record braking numbers. at of no where my mind puts pieces to the puzzle together and i say "jus like titanic made money in 97 near the 2000 wen ppl thought the world would end, now avitor shits and makes money showing how much people care for entertainment near 2012 signifing destruction"

lol everything jus clicked and i had to say that...he was jus like ur fucking crazy dont think like that

NewfieToker
04-12-2010, 01:46 AM
One day I was by myself thinking (yet again) and I somehow thought up the idea that we as humans are nothing more then a being of some sort whose sole purpose for existance is to control my body.

My idea was that in some other dimension (I'm not familiar with the technical terms-im not a doctor :cool:) beings, entities of some sort I don't know what, are being created. By what I don't know. As for why I also don't know. These entities are all able to connect with one another and do so by entering our dimension as a spirit/soul trapped in mine and your body. When humans die, the entity does not. It just reconnects with the other entities as another human with no recolection of its previous existance on this earth.

RedwhitEsonavaB
04-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Don't know if this is rightly philosophical, but it's pretty cool to contemplate.

Suppose time travel was possible and you traveled back to before you were born. Where did you come from? Also suppose you unintentionally change events so that your parents never meet. How are you still there? Or would you be?

Is the past immutable, or can a change made by a time traveler instantly change the present reality? Or would a change simply create a branching reality in a separate time line?

Suppose an older wiser you went back into time and met your younger self. What advice would you give yourself? Would you suddenly remember the event happening, or would you "kill" yourself by creating a branching time stream?

:S5:

i think the universe would explode. like overheating an engine. cause you WeRe, but you went back and made is so you WeRe NOT. and if you were never born, you could never go back and make yourself not be born, so you would exist? but the fact that you EXIST is the reason for you NOT existing.

thats why i say, the only reason anyone ever should off themself would be if they did travel back in time. cause its better if you're dead then if you were to destroy the universe. so, if you can, avoid time travel.

my brain cells are sweatin balls

stickyWoman
04-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Too many sick memories to remember!

As for philosophical thoughts, whenenver I get high, it hits me how important it is to live in the moment. It's like, when I'm high, it's so obvious that reality is NOW, but when I'm sober I find myself thinking about random shit...

pepurr
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Once when stoned I was thinking about the universe. I thought, if the universe is 13.5 billion years old, then we couldn't see any light source more than 13.5 billion light-years away because the light hasn't had time to reach us. (see diagram)

I guess that isn't really that much philosophical, but it does drive home how small we really are.

JohnnyZ
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Once again pepurr, you blow my fucking mind.

Thank you.

cannabislove
09-17-2010, 06:31 PM

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body. But dig this too! If we are Human Beings each with a "spirit", doesn't a dog have a spirit? What's the difference between his spirit and my spirit aside from what our body is? Maybe our identity is bound by our consciousness/ego....and MAYBE our spirits are all the same...dog, cat, human, whatever.( :wtf: ) Even further...plants are living things too! lol....

I don't know if I'm sounding dumb but, or making any sense to you, but this something I often ponder...especially when stoned ( which I am):jointsmile:
What if your whole life u thought you were alive you were only a character of a virtual reality game. Under someone else's control...

bikeTripper
09-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Once when stoned I was thinking about the universe. I thought, if the universe is 13.5 billion years old, then we couldn't see any light source more than 13.5 billion light-years away because the light hasn't had time to reach us. (see diagram)

I guess that isn't really that much philosophical, but it does drive home how small we really are.

Actually, it's even crazier than that. Astronomers and Cosmologists now believe that not only is the universe expanding from the initial big bang, but the rate of its expansion is increasing. Object are not just moving apart from a central point, as one is sort of intuitively led to believe from the idea of the Big Bang, rather everything is moving away from everything else in the universe, and the speed it all moves at is increasing!

What this means is that as billions of years pass EVERYTHING will get farther and farther apart and we will be able to see the light from fewer and fewer distant objects, as it all moves away.

Eventually, they now believe, all of everything is so far away from everything else that no light will be able to pass between anything at all. Everything will be uniformly cooled down and spread out and the universe will simply sink into a stasis where nothing happens at all and everything is dark.

Pretty sobering, huh? :wtf:

Astronomy is a trip.

McLuvin
09-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Okay, this one is not very philosophical but I have always wanted to know. When you are driving down the highway and see one shoe on the side of the road..... Where the hell did it come from??? Did someone have their leg out of the car and it fell off?? Maybe some crazy f@#Ker was walking down the road and was like "AAAHHHH shoe, I cant take this shoe any more" and tossed it????? Anyway like I said not very deep but puzzling none the less.

I do have one thought that does seem to occur to me from time to time when I am really baked. What if our entire reality and the whole of our existence is merely a thought in the mind of an infinite being.

BlueBlazer
09-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Okay, this one is not very philosophical but I have always wanted to know. When you are driving down the highway and see one shoe on the side of the road..... Where the hell did it come from??? Did someone have their leg out of the car and it fell off?? Maybe some crazy f@#Ker was walking down the road and was like "AAAHHHH shoe, I cant take this shoe any more" and tossed it????? Anyway like I said not very deep but puzzling none the less.

Those are lovelorn shoes trying to find their matching socks which went missing right after wash day. :D

I do have one thought that does seem to occur to me from time to time when I am really baked. What if our entire reality and the whole of our existence is merely a thought in the mind of an infinite being.

Whatever you do . . . don't break his/her/its concentration . . . [attachment=o255456]

Theym420
09-29-2010, 07:44 PM

What if we are this infinite being? :wtf:
Seeing the world from near infinite viewpoints :jointsmile:
Different parts of ourself becoming groups that "think" differently ;)
Total mind trip, huh? :D

kshchrn831
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
What if billions of universes existed super-microscopically all around us, AND macroscopically larger than us, because we are selves are just in a micro universe that is a molecular piece of a infinite puzzle.. and its just never ending through time and space.. because, time and space are continuous.. and they can be divided infinitely, as Aristotle pointed out.

greenapplepunch
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Blazed Deafy
08-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I was studying Jung and his view on ego. Ego is the nexus of one's short term and long term gain. Later on, I was blazing alone and contemplating on ego and what Jung posit about ego. I realized that i met my own ego that is my voice! ego is you and your best friend you listen unconsciously, ego is an entity and the driver of ALL decision-making that includes fear, action, preferences, identity, and entire thing. I finally understand the saying "the last thing the enemy will look is nearby". I now understand why people deny this because this way too much for a human to comprehend let alone appreciate. The reason for this is people BELIEVES that you ARE you. Sadly, it is false notion. One philosopher said the greatest enemy is your own inner perception, is your own ignorance, is your ego. This blew my my mind because an entity resides in me.