PDA

View Full Version : Flowering wt a halide

Disco
03-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if flowering with a halide will cause very leafy growth and little bud?
I have heard good and bad things about halides used for flowering and thought i,de give it a go seeing as i droped on a 400w for £45.
I grew skunk #1 with my sodium and re-generated the heaviest yealding plant into a mother. The clones i took off this mother i flowered under my new Halide and am VERY disapointed with the result, with lots of leaf and little bud.

Any Ideas?????

Thanks
Disco....

bonbon
03-22-2004, 08:13 AM
a grower i know swears by them,but he uses a full spectrum(1k) version,and his yield(power plant) is excellent,i use a 430hps myself,so i think it's all about the spectrum,maybe the cool version should just be used for vegging?...bonbon http://www.sunmastergrowlamps.com/SunmNeutral.html

godzbudz
03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
try keeping mothers under the mh, and flowering under hps, veg clones under floro's

Disco
03-22-2004, 06:05 PM
It,s a bit expensive keeping a mother under a 400w haide on at 18 hours a day . The mother lives under 120w flouros next to it,s offsprings.
Would it be because it,s a bulb that is too blue and i need to get a warmer bulb from the other end of the spectrum ????????
Yes , No ???

sensiskunk
03-23-2004, 04:28 AM
its not too expensive. My 1000watt hps runs like 25$ a month, but if u want superior grow u should look into an Eye Hortilux bulb, it combines the red and blue spectrum. Very noticeable difference from a standard hps bulb! and there isnt even a difference in my bill, and my 400 MH is on 24/0, whiile the hps is on 12/12.

Disco
03-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Lectric must be very cheapin the ststes coz if i run a 1kw bulb for a month it would cost me about £60 - £65 thats about $90 - $100 , that is expensive .
Besides i have used flouros for veging for years and they r perfectly good for this job giving wide bushy mothers and clones under one cheap light.
I think i will try a warmer (reder) bulb for my halide and see what that does as tha one i got is an industrial bulb andmy be to blue.

Razer
03-25-2004, 10:54 AM
If you will check out the pics I posted in "O.k. to flower with both HPS & MH" you will see that I got FAT and not excessively leafy buds off a 1000 MH. I read in "Indoor Grower's Bible" that you can expect to see about a 15% increase (all other things being equal) when flowering with HPS instead of MH.

Grow Big! and stay home.