PDA

View Full Version : without medical records

pfunk211
07-06-2009, 10:57 AM
morning all,

i have a couple of painful reasons that i should have a medical marijuana card in colorado but haven't been to a doctor's office in my adult life. between the old injuries plaguing me and the migraines, times aren't as swell as they can be, but the places i've checked out as referral sources all require that i bring some form of history with a general practitioner documenting my conditions.
is there a way around this?! i've never been insured and have never been able to pay the doctor's fees out of pocket so i've always just dealt, but have no record of it.
hope there's help and welcome any advice.

thanks.

P

cptcannabis
07-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Just google around and look for someone that will prescribe "alternative" medications. I have GERD (acid reflux) and could get a script for that, but I haven't made the effort to go to a particular doc that would prescribe medical cannabis.

pfunk211
07-15-2009, 07:29 AM
ideally, i'd like to find a primary physician, a real doctor with a real doctor's office, that i can go to with any of my medical concerns. i'm not old, but getting to the point in my life where visiting the doctor periodically would be in my best interest. needless to say, i would like him to be mmj friendly.
i'm not just looking for a 'hook up', in other words, so cannamed and thcf are of no benefit to me; i have no recorded medical history.
if anyone can refer me to a doctor that has a reasonable office visit fee (i'm not insured), i would greatly appreciate it.
i use the same name at hot mail.

thanks.

pfunk211
07-21-2009, 08:05 AM
200 views and nobody has any kind recommendations for me?!

topjazzman
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Sad to say the system to get a med.card is set up for a reason.If you are sick one should be going to a doctor for treament of any kind.

TeKNiQUE
07-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Like Toppjazz Said. Its so Fraudulent people don't attempt to get it and just use it and maybe even distribute it. It's set up for people who have ailments. You should have gone to a doctor for that.

TeK:hippy:

pfunk211
07-23-2009, 04:41 AM
that's what i'm looking for- a good doctor; someone i can trust to be my guy. i have a family history of cancer and heart problems and am at the point in my life that i need to start having that guy in my corner. i'm simply looking for recommendation for a good doctor that is known to be a supporter of the mmj movement. two birds, one stone.
my lady was referred to a doctor by a dispensary and he ended up being a shrink. wtf?! she was going for migraines....

palerider7777
07-25-2009, 04:54 AM
that's what i'm looking for- a good doctor; someone i can trust to be my guy. i have a family history of cancer and heart problems and am at the point in my life that i need to start having that guy in my corner. i'm simply looking for recommendation for a good doctor that is known to be a supporter of the mmj movement. two birds, one stone.
my lady was referred to a doctor by a dispensary and he ended up being a shrink. wtf?! she was going for migraines....

i think why none is saying much is the way it sounds. it sounds like if u really had med"problems" and u have had them for some time as u say then there has to be a record of it somewhere.the way it sounds is as if your looking for a "swell"type of doc that would look the other way and pass u on through. thats a no no here and thats kindda the vibe your putting off or seems that way.if u really have med issues then go see any doc and get it on paper,meaning a doc won't just say yup u have this or that in a 5 min visit.he will want to run a few tests in the area of concern.then if anything is found it will be in his notes that u will get a copy of.once that is done then u just google a mmj med clinc and your good to go.

pfunk211
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM
you are all high.

and why include the "middle men"? i'm going to go to a doctor that i believe in to make the right choices and allow me to do the same. if i'm paying for it out of my pocket, im going to make it count the first time. why would i give some chemical-minded, pill-industry-whipped doctor my hard earned money for him to tell me that he doesn't think marijuana is what we believe it is. then, i can take the records that i paid for the first time to a 'clinic' where i can pay some other money-hungry folks $200 so they can have a stranger browse my records and tell me what i already knew: this is going to help...
then i can drop another $90 on the state.
these dollars rack up quickly, folks.
let me state it again, for the *third* time: i am not shopping for an easy card. i am going to get a card; this is not the issue and it doesn't seem to be too difficult to do anyway.
i'm looking for a doctor that is on-board with the movement. a reputable doctor that may, god forbid, one day have to put his fingers in my butthole (as a medical necessity, of course); a doctor that isn't going to tell me that his pharmaceutical reps tell him that we're doing something wrong.
if i needed my house a different color, i'd ask 'do you know a good painter'.
get it?!
fuck it, i'll take my chances in the yellow book.

TeKNiQUE
07-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Well maybe you should start looking for a doctor huh.
I'm sure most doctors do it because they have a good patient to doctor relationship. People can't just tell you their doctors. It's all confidential.
Good luck is all I can say.

p.s Why the vulgarity? C'mon dude.

pfunk211
07-26-2009, 05:37 AM
you're suggesting that people can't refer their doctor because of a patient confidentiality? shame on you.....

if i had someone that performed a service and did a great job, i would suggest that person to anyone who desired that service. word of mouth is the best, most reliable marketing out there.

TeKNiQUE
07-26-2009, 05:42 AM
True but if your doctor says he doesn't want you to refer him to anyone then you have to abide by his wishes. Most doctors don't even wanna talk about MMJ little own broadcast that they are a MMJ Faveorable Doc.
I'm sure if you talked to your doctor and he said it was okay then it would be fine to suggest him to someone.

GratefulMeds
07-26-2009, 06:57 PM
morning all,

i have a couple of painful reasons that i should have a medical marijuana card in colorado but haven't been to a doctor's office in my adult life. between the old injuries plaguing me and the migraines, times aren't as swell as they can be, but the places i've checked out as referral sources all require that i bring some form of history with a general practitioner documenting my conditions.
is there a way around this?! i've never been insured and have never been able to pay the doctor's fees out of pocket so i've always just dealt, but have no record of it.
hope there's help and welcome any advice.

thanks.

P

Grass Roots Medical Clinic
Boulder Colorado
303 499 9399

tell them Grateful Meds sent you!

pfunk211
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
thank you, sir.

palerider7777
07-26-2009, 09:13 PM
sorry but they won't run test on him to find out what his cond is they will want his existing med records.if it was that easy then everyone would have a card.atleast every mmj doc i've called has said this.there not gunna sign off on you just on your word unless it's a shady doc and don't care if your just blowing smoke or not"no pun intended".

GratefulMeds
07-27-2009, 04:47 AM
If a patient does not have medical records they will create a relationship with one of there 4 physicians on staff with 3 visits, with the 3rd visit the patient receives their card.

GratefulMeds
07-27-2009, 04:53 AM
sorry but they won't run test on him to find out what his cond is they will want his existing med records.if it was that easy then everyone would have a card.atleast every mmj doc i've called has said this.there not gunna sign off on you just on your word unless it's a shady doc and don't care if your just blowing smoke or not"no pun intended".

you really need to educate yourself, these folks have 4 physicians one of which is a prominent cardiologist who has practiced in Boulder for years, being physicians they realize not everyone has a primary care physician, so they are willing to go the extra mile for those patients, your blowing smoke every time you pass on your uninformed opinions.

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 05:54 AM
you really need to educate yourself, these folks have 4 physicians one of which is a prominent cardiologist who has practiced in Boulder for years, being physicians they realize not everyone has a primary care physician, so they are willing to go the extra mile for those patients, your blowing smoke every time you pass on your uninformed opinions.

no i think you are, u say u get your card on your 3rd visit? i thought that was issued by the state?? so your saying go 3 times and u get your card from the doc there? umm ok last time i ck'd all they do is fill out the forms and u have to go to the state and pay the fee and you card comes around a month later? so the state gave your doc the power to do the states job now?

they also have the machine that prints the card there on the spot? sweet i already have all my records so i should be able to walk in and out with my card same day ??

btw i was only repeating what was told to me by the docs at thc-foundation.com how much more could i have been informed? calling 3 diffrent docs offices and them telling me all they do is look at your records and if everything is in line they sign the paperwork and I have to take said paper work down and file myself. no need to be rude their bub

GratefulMeds
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
no i think you are, u say u get your card on your 3rd visit? i thought that was issued by the state?? so your saying go 3 times and u get your card from the doc there? umm ok last time i ck'd all they do is fill out the forms and u have to go to the state and pay the fee and you card comes around a month later? so the state gave your doc the power to do the states job now?

they also have the machine that prints the card there on the spot? sweet i already have all my records so i should be able to walk in and out with my card same day ??

btw i was only repeating what was told to me by the docs at thc-foundation.com how much more could i have been informed? calling 3 diffrent docs offices and them telling me all they do is look at your records and if everything is in line they sign the paperwork and I have to take said paper work down and file myself. no need to be rude their bub

dude you are a idiot, call the number ask the questions and find the truth, on the third visit the doctor signs your papers that you send into the State, at that point you are legal, get the facts at www.grassrootsmedical.com

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
I have been a patient for 6 years a caregiver for 5 of those and now a dispensary owner, I think I am up on the law and the facts, before this I ran a nuerodiagnostics department at a Denver hospital. I know several physicians that are doing this for patients. It's frustrating to see people pass on bad or un-informed information about this subject. Have you ever read Amendment 20?
My dispensary sends at least 5 patients a day to 4 different physicians so they may become qualified. I am sorry if my passion for this cause has caused me to be a bit crass with my replies.
Grateful Meds
Nederland Colorado
303 258 7703

like i said b4 i was just quoting what was told to me.yes i have read amendment 20.yes i know how it all works as far as getting legal.but the clubs i called said they ARE NOT treating or anything like that but rather assisting people with getting legal after that there done. meaning i can't go back there to get treatment.now ofcorse im sure their are doctors out there that will do both no shit.i was just saying to have a leg up b4 moving it would be best to have all of that already done "like myself" all paperwork is already faxed all i have to do now is go to the appt they set and im in and out instead of waiting to do it all at once and having to wait.

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM
3 office visits @ 90 + $ each and having to wait between each visit hardly seems quicker than what i said.why wait till you move there then have to wait more for all the appt. to get legal when if done the way im saying b4 u move have all your records faxed and rdy to go.it don't matter really i was just trying to say the guy some time thats all.so im an idiot for that?

topjazzman
07-27-2009, 06:53 PM
pale,how old are you ,sounds like you 10 or under 20.plus you info says that you live outside the us what is it ?????????????????? Ihate kids that think they know everything been there done it and you do not.

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
pale,how old are you ,sounds like you 10 or under 20.plus you info says that you live outside the us what is it ?????????????????? Ihate kids that think they know everything been there done it and you do not.

opinions are like assholes everybody has one.u 2 seem a bit dim to me tho.funny thing is if u ever met me i highly doubt any of this would ever be said. im the 10 yearold? u 2 have been trying to belilttle me the whole way over something very simple.as if it's that big a deal what u do.infact i'll do 1 better i'll call grateful and clear all this up k.lets see how the chat goes?

TeKNiQUE
07-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I hate kids that think they know everything been there done it and you do not.

Thats quite a stereotype Jazz. What about the "kids" that are very knowledgable on subjects that other kids couldn't even contemplate. I don't think that you should base your opinion of youth off of one.

topjazzman
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Kids are kids,been to war? seen anyone die in your hands? worked 60 to 100 hr s aweek.paid off school loans? house payments ?car payments? We all have to grow in life,life teaches us all alot,day by day we all learn.16 you are just starting out,we all at that young age wanted to be treated as adults,that takes many yrs ...

TeKNiQUE
07-27-2009, 08:58 PM
It doesn't matter how old someone is. They should be treated with the upmost respect. I'll agree with you that I haven't been to war, No one has died in my hands, I haven't payed off school loans and I haven't worked a 60 hour week. But it doesn't mean I won't. All I'm asking is that you don't judge a book by its cover. Kids are kids. I will give you that, and yes I am a kid. I'm not asking to be treated like an adult with adult privledges but to be treated like a person. You can't simply hate the youth because of one. You just have to pick out the good ones that know what they are doing, Where they are going in life and how to act.

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
It doesn't matter how old someone is. They should be treated with the upmost respect. I'll agree with you that I haven't been to war, No one has died in my hands, I haven't payed off school loans and I haven't worked a 60 hour week. But it doesn't mean I won't. All I'm asking is that you don't judge a book by its cover. Kids are kids. I will give you that, and yes I am a kid. I'm not asking to be treated like an adult with adult privledges but to be treated like a person. You can't simply hate the youth because of one. You just have to pick out the good ones that know what they are doing, Where they are going in life and how to act.

that dude is just blowing smoke.they talk about "kids" and yet they act like 1 by insulting people.who's really the 10 year old? i know they are not kids but in fact act like them. it's funny i think, they belittle and throw a fit over a simple post then when you defend yourself your called a kid?

btw i have worked over 100+ hrs a week for most of my life and tax statements to prove it. i was raised by a marine that spent 3 years in nam "67,68,69" and made it back home. does it bother me if these guys whine and cry and moan...naw i hope the rest of colorado is not like this.

im from the south and this type of talk is fine on a forum but in person stuff like this would'nt fly.

pfunk211
07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
If a patient does not have medical records they will create a relationship with one of there 4 physicians on staff with 3 visits, with the 3rd visit the patient receives their card.

I just checked out the website you recommended and i'm almost floored; the point of my trying to find a legitimate doctor is ultimately to save money and to obtain peace of mind concerning my health at the same time.

the first thing i saw when i went to the page is a big pot leaf right in the corner and their mission statement:
"GrassRoots Medical Clinic was founded to establish strong personal doctor-patient relationships amongst Colorado residents who would benefit from the use of medical marijuana."

your 'clinic' charges $320 for the first visit and $160 for each subsequent visit. just for a mmj card, we're talking $640 for that aspect alone, plus state fees and paying for your meds and they are focused on the marijuana trade as their singular base.

i don't understand how i'm begin confused; i am not trying to get a card, necessarily. i am trying to get a doctor; not a marijuana clinic, a doctor. i would prefer that this doctor be willing to sign a medical marijuana recommendation so that i don't have to pay him, pay another clinic and then pay the state. does this make sense?!

i'm fine with building rapport with this doctor and don't expect him to write a recommendation in the first five minutes that i am in his office. as a matter of fact, i would be concerned that, if my doctor obviously cared so little about my health to push me right through, we would not be the right fit. i want someone who is going to take that extra time to make sure that i'm taken care of. i want my doctor to bitch at me for not eating well or exercising enough, not just someone interested in copping my $650 and sending me on my way. i also don't want to go to one doctor and have to pay $25 to get my records and go to another clinic to pay another $100 to $200 to get recommended to have mmj.

so, if anyone would like to refer me to a reputable primary care physician who also has the sense to stand behind marijuana as a beneficial tool against pain, i would love to hear from you.

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I just checked out the website you recommended and i'm almost floored; the point of my trying to find a legitimate doctor is ultimately to save money and to obtain peace of mind concerning my health at the same time.

the first thing i saw when i went to the page is a big pot leaf right in the corner and their mission statement:
"GrassRoots Medical Clinic was founded to establish strong personal doctor-patient relationships amongst Colorado residents who would benefit from the use of medical marijuana."

your 'clinic' charges $320 for the first visit and $160 for each subsequent visit. just for a mmj card, we're talking $640 for that aspect alone, plus state fees and paying for your meds and they are focused on the marijuana trade as their singular base.

i don't understand how i'm begin confused; i am not trying to get a card, necessarily. i am trying to get a doctor; not a marijuana clinic, a doctor. i would prefer that this doctor be willing to sign a medical marijuana recommendation so that i don't have to pay him, pay another clinic and then pay the state. does this make sense?!

i'm fine with building rapport with this doctor and don't expect him to write a recommendation in the first five minutes that i am in his office. as a matter of fact, i would be concerned that, if my doctor obviously cared so little about my health to push me right through, we would not be the right fit. i want someone who is going to take that extra time to make sure that i'm taken care of. i want my doctor to bitch at me for not eating well or exercising enough, not just someone interested in copping my $650 and sending me on my way. i also don't want to go to one doctor and have to pay $25 to get my records and go to another clinic to pay another $100 to $200 to get recommended to have mmj.

so, if anyone would like to refer me to a reputable primary care physician who also has the sense to stand behind marijuana as a beneficial tool against pain, i would love to hear from you.

lmao i tried to tell you, and i get called all kinds of names for it so go fig. just a min ago i was a dumb fuck now you are starting to see what i was saying about how much money you would have to spend just to get them to sign off for you. why 3 visits? you know how much it's gunna cost me at the clinc i found? 200 total and im out the door. i tried to tell you the quickest way to go about this and for some reason you don't want to listen to me so oh well.

another thing is i tried calling the place he sent you to and everytime i called to get info on it all i get was a pre recorded message. i left a message and no one has called me back yet. idk if i'd want to deal with a place that i can't even get ahold of. AGAIN i'll say it AGAIN yes there maybe a doc out there that will be mmj friendly but i don't think that would be the best route.alot of them still look down upon it.

pfunk211
07-27-2009, 11:24 PM
$200 and you're out the door, but you came in the door with medical records that you already paid for.....

you paid your primary physician to create those chart notes for you initially, right?! you also had to pay your doctor's office for those records, right?! then you paid a clinic $200 to review those records you already paid for, so, in essence, it cost you a lot more than $200. so, i think *you* have missed *my* point.

your way:

go to a doctor and establish medical history. without insurance, $150 a trip.
get records from doctor's office: $25
go to mmj clinic to have records reviewed: $200
state fee: $90

my way:
go to doctor. establish history. discuss mmj. without insurance, $150 a trip.

i just saved myself $225 by skipping the referral and can talk to my 'mmj-friendly' doctor about any medical problems i should ever encounter, be it kidney stones, heart health, swine flu......

why pay a clinic $200 to do what your doctor can do for the price of a normal office call?!

in my opinion, anyone that would willingly come off of $225 for nothing is a fool, regardless if their sentence structure and grammar were whack and their advice bad....

palerider7777
07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
$200 and you're out the door, but you came in the door with medical records that you already paid for.....

you paid your primary physician to create those chart notes for you initially, right?! you also had to pay your doctor's office for those records, right?! then you paid a clinic $200 to review those records you already paid for, so, in essence, it cost you a lot more than $200. so, i think *you* have missed *my* point.

your way:

go to a doctor and establish medical history. without insurance, $150 a trip.
get records from doctor's office: $25
go to mmj clinic to have records reviewed: $200

my way:
go to doctor. establish history. discuss mmj. without insurance, $150 a trip.

i just saved myself $225 by skipping the referral and can talk to my 'mmj-friendly' doctor about any medical problems i should ever encounter, be it kidney stones, heart health, swine flu......

why pay a clinic $200 to do what your doctor can do for the price of a normal office call?!

in my opinion, anyone that would willingly come off of $225 for nothing is a fool, regardless if their sentence structure and grammar were whack and their advice bad....

1 small problem with your bs rambling is the fact that you DO NOT have one. if so then your wasting everyones time. and your living in a dream world buddy all your insults at me will not change that fact. and oh yea you call me an idiot for what i say when in fact you must be one cause your never gunna find a doctor that will be able to see you 1 time as you claim.no matter where you go if you have no history they will want to run tests on you and that will be on a referral to another doc. wow i don't think mmj will help you, you need something much much stronger. sounds like your trying to get a free ride. how about pay your way like everyone else. but im sure you will be on here a year later still looking for that free ride.....wow

btw your trying to add extras to my fees there bub the doc will give you a copy of your records for free the first time around.if u lose then they MIGHT charge you. funny thing is i'll have my card very soon and you will still be on here.

FakeBoobsRule
07-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Gratefulmeds, you can't flame or insult other members. On the first page you cast the first stone when you called Palerider an idiot.

dude you are a idiot
Where do I put the sic to show the intentional mistake? No one answer.

PFunk it looks like you were the second person to call Palerider an idiot.

Palerider didn't start this but that doesn't mean he's innocent either.

Let me remind you no flaming or insults. You will see that the thread is shorter and close to being closed. Consider this a warning.