PDA

View Full Version : glassy oil

STIMPY21
07-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi, I have been making bho and edibles for years now, and about 4 months ago I built a new extractor using 3/8 stainless steel tubing and welding male nipples on the ends and using screw on ss caps one hole is the smallest bit that would get through and the other end is just the right size to hold the can nozzle. Historically for me it comes out as a gummy oily reenish golden color and is hard to handle without loosing it. Two times here recently, it has came out after evaprorating over night as a hard and almost scale like. it is very good I am wonder if it is just because the weed lately is a little better quality. Any one have a reasonable explanation? Not that this is a problem, I like it that way, and it is cool to have it ready sooner.
STIMPY21

SauceeMcGee
07-03-2009, 09:18 PM
what are you using to extract?

STIMPY21
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM
butane very pure near zero impurities in a blue can. I threw it away but that is what it said same brand I've been using. The only things I can think of different is outdoor temps and maybe I did not pack it too tightly. My stuff gets this way after a month or so if It is not used.
STIMPY21

SauceeMcGee
07-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Are you sure you washed all of the machine chemicals off the metal you were using?

SMG

STIMPY21
07-05-2009, 10:26 PM
yes it was food grade tubing and it was cleaned prior to welding and purged while welding and cleaned again. This is happening several batches since it was made. I am thinking it is the weed and maybe the 90+ outdoor temps that the gas evaporated out at.
STIMPY21

SauceeMcGee
07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Well, that's no biggy then!

As long as you won't be consuming harmful chemicals!

Enjoy that shit man!

SMG

jebus2029
07-11-2009, 11:05 PM
My guess would be that you let it evaporate so much that most of the moisture was gone. So instead of a gummy or oily product it came out dry and scaley. This way might work better since there won't be waste on whatever it touches. Plus you can just break off a little flake to toss in a bowl or roll up with some herb.