PDA

View Full Version : Engraving a Pollen Press Piston?

SauceeMcGee
06-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey guys,

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/tpt101/PollenPress.jpg

I was wondering if it was possible to finely engrave a design on the bottom of these pistons using a dremel or any other tools and techniques? If the press has a 1" diameter I'm guessing that the piston has roughly a .5" diameter?

I'm thinking an "M" on one side and "J" on the other

It doesn't matter to me whether it's a positive (design sticks out) or negative (design is indented) engraving. I just want to know if anyone thinks an average Joe would be able to tackle this.

If you KNOW it to be too complicated let me know and I won't try it. I think it would be really sweet if I could!

Thanks for your input!

SMG

As a side note, can anyone tell me why I can't use my img coding to post pictures directly into my post without using the attachment feature? I don't know how to turn my [ img ] code on....any help on this one too?

JD1stTimer
06-29-2009, 06:56 AM
I say if you have the money to replace a messed up plate then go for it!

SauceeMcGee
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
I say if you have the money to replace a messed up plate then go for it!

You're talking about the tiny spinning discs right?

SauceeMcGee
06-30-2009, 04:58 AM
Does anyone else have any advice on this idea?

Ub3rB0ng
09-16-2009, 03:51 AM
yeah if you wanna make it look good send it to some one like me with a cnc mill and have it engraved. any machine shop could do it cheap. you could also just use steel stamps with the letters you want that would be easy enough. google steel stamps and by some.