PDA

View Full Version : Being a caregiver for a cancer patient - a few questions...

AlterEggo
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello!

I live in Colorado and one of my friends recently found out he has cancer. He wants to try medical marijuana. He asked me if I can be his caregiver as he wants to save money on marijuana. I told him I would do a little research.

I am wondering - is it easy enough for me to become a caregiver for him? Do I need to do anything special?

Also, I know that it's legal to grow up to 6 plants for him but I'm worried about the risk. If for some reason a cop finds out do you think it's likely the "crime" will be brought up to a federal level? If so, it might as well still be illegal and as much as I like my friend I'm not sure if it's worth that risk.

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon...

Thanks!

Tritech420
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Hello!

I live in Colorado and one of my friends recently found out he has cancer. He wants to try medical marijuana. He asked me if I can be his caregiver as he wants to save money on marijuana. I told him I would do a little research.

I am wondering - is it easy enough for me to become a caregiver for him? Do I need to do anything special?

Also, I know that it's legal to grow up to 6 plants for him but I'm worried about the risk. If for some reason a cop finds out do you think it's likely the "crime" will be brought up to a federal level? If so, it might as well still be illegal and as much as I like my friend I'm not sure if it's worth that risk.

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon...

Thanks!
You really should contact Brian Vincentes with Sensible Colorado, they are a non-profit org. that helps folks with info and answers. You can get thier info at Sensible Colorado (http://www.sensiblecolorado.org)