PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my closet at temperature....

moody420
06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey, I've recently started my grow room in my closet. I have a 600W HPS light that is producing a lot of heat. I've got a vent system going through to the outside with several fans for circulation. It's not even that hot out yet in sacramento and I'm having trouble keeping the temp between 70-80 degrees. I'm considering getting a portable AC unit to help with the coolness. Has anyone tried this or have any suggestions or do you think the AC unit is the only way to go. Thanks! :jointsmile:

JD1stTimer
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Sounds good to me. I am curious, has anyone tried ducting from their central AC directly into their cabinet/closet?

Dutch Pimp
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Sounds good to me. I am curious, has anyone tried ducting from their central AC directly into their cabinet/closet?

Yes.

McDanger
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I think a cooltube would be cheaper, but you may need the ac in the long run anyway. If you have a dedicated intake and exhaust for the cooltube you should get virtually no heat from it in the room. I just switched my cooltube to vertical and temps dropped 5 degrees with only exhaust ducting of the light.

moody420
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I found some portable A/C units for around $100 and most cooltubes run between $200-300. But if the portable A/C unit isn't going to work as well, then I would think of investing in something more expensive! I've just heard that portable A/C units can produce alot of heat as well. Just trying to see all my options....thanks for the advice.

PurpleMeds
06-28-2009, 05:26 PM
What temp is too high for a grow room?

outside it gets over 100 degrees all day long. Temps outside only dropped to 78 last night and is allready pushin 90 at 10:30 am. If that does not harm outdoor plants then why is a temp that is a little bit high in a room such a threatening thing?

Dutch Pimp
06-28-2009, 05:57 PM
What temp is too high for a grow room?

outside it gets over 100 degrees all day long. Temps outside only dropped to 78 last night and is allready pushin 90 at 10:30 am. If that does not harm outdoor plants then why is a temp that is a little bit high in a room such a threatening thing?

If you have super good ventillation...higher temps; are LESS threatening...IMO.

dankbros
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
90 is @ the brink . 4 600w you need @ least 300cfm & the same 4 exaust. its allways better 2 push air over the lights then 2 pull . allso if you pull air from an allready aircon room close buy all you have to buy is the duct.
if you have the money & time check this out hydroinnovations dot com.on y ou tu be

moody420
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I ended up getting a portable A/C unit for around $280. I wrapped the ducting from the a/c in insulation and have it running out a small window in my closet. The insulation is working great to keep the heat being produced to a minimum. I have fans blowing every which way for circulation. The temp is staying between 73-78 degrees.....it's perfect! My babies are growing wonderfully....i'll try to get some pictures up soon. Thanks for all the helpful advice....:jointsmile:

phatsesh101
06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah this heat over the past couple days made go get an window ac as a supplement

now its 72 instead of 82 sweetness