PDA

View Full Version : Starting a SOG

aerogrowmama
06-06-2009, 01:58 PM
At what height is ideal to turn a SOG from veg to flower? I waited until 12" and now I have very tall plants

syde00
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
i've never done sog, but i know the whole idea is that you just have a crapload of really small plants... i'd probably probably toss them into 12/12 like a week after they pop out of the ground. keep in mind thats a pretty uninformed opinion though... haven;t read too much about it since i haven;t tried it yet.

oldmac
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
At what height is ideal to turn a SOG from veg to flower? I waited until 12" and now I have very tall plants

Hello aerogrowmama,

Sorta depends on if your going from seeds and then a seedling or from cuttings and then a rooted clone. A true SOG set-up would be from clones, and then it could be 1-10 days after roots show, depending on the strain and grow medium. If you base it on height of the plantlet, then abt 6" is max. (figuring you'd end up at 18" max).

I have done SOG or am doing SOG w/ various methods;
1) 3- stage RW (cuttings in plugs, transplant plugs to 4" delta blocks, then 12/12 @ 4"-6")
2) aero/fog set-up using no medium, (cuttings in EZ-clonner and neoprene {blackstar} collars, "transplant" collars to 2" net pots and into 12/12 aero/fog)
3)Pro-mix in small containers, (cuttings started in EZ-clonner then transplanted to 4"-6" pots when roots show, few days veg then 12/12)

Here's a pic of method #3, abt 4 wks into flower and 10" tall. (pot is too big for this size hehe) It finished at 12", and had NO veg time. Went from clonner to pro-mix and directly to 12/12.

How about sharing some more info on your set-up, and see what others say.

aerogrowmama
06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I have a aeroponic system with 18 holes and everything I read said wait until the plant is 12 in tall but i end up with 18 monster plants crowded. I willtry the 6" method Thanks for the help