PDA

View Full Version : Ah, so primitive...

billiethetoker
03-21-2004, 04:47 AM
Will try to make this short as I can. Was over at my parents house a few days ago smoking with them (what great parents rofl) My dad was in the other room waiting for my Mom to roll it. When she's puttin it together she puts the seeds in a lit'l bowl, so I picked up 3 of the seeds and pretended to study them, when she finished rolling I put my hand back in the bowl all the way so as she couldn't count the number of times a seed hit. I only put one back and pocketed the other two. Got home, planted them in two pots with miracle grow potting soil and put heat lamps about 2 inches above the pots. Didn't germinate them or anything like that. Question is, is this just a waste of time with no hope of them growing or do I have a slim chance?

I've been smokin for a year now but never thought about growing, and of course didn't even research it before doing it. I just jumped in the dam* snake pit.

KanMan
03-21-2004, 02:22 PM
If your heat lamps are to close you will cook them before them can germinate.
72 to 82 degrees would be fine. Kannabis will grow almost anywhere even in poor conditions. In ideal conditions most any plant will grow faster / better then poor conditions. Do some reading on the Internet there is loads of information avilable.

Good Growing!

billiethetoker
03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey thanks. Can anyone tell me aprox. how long they take to sprout?
And I thought birdseed with certain seeds was sterilized? I threw my old parrot seed out in the yard a few weeks ago and was just out there watering to find a couple plants growing :-D Can't have em outside though, so dug up the entire area in one clump and carefully seperated them inside into diff. pots. In total, 6 plants, all around 8 to 10 inches in height.

billiethetoker
03-23-2004, 06:26 AM
My first lit'l beauty sprouted today :-D Literally in 3 hours from the last time I checked on the containers. Hopefully the other will pop up soon.
Woohoo! :cool:

jarheadmj12
08-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Keep lights off until seedlings sprout.You may wanna go out and get yourself a few flouro lamps,or even better a 250 watt HPS.You should also pick up a few books like Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by jorge Cervantes.You can find every thing you need in there.

llamaman666
08-14-2004, 08:20 AM
scan forums at overgrow.com that place is huge! good luck, mayby youll get lucky with a nice seed, who noes wut bagseed is.