PDA

View Full Version : Eligable for MMJ? (Sacramento Medicann)

GreenBudD
05-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I have an appt. with Medicann soon and was wondering if bringing my prescription bottle of Flexeril would be sufficient to prove that I need MMJ for my back pain, lower back muscle spasms. I asked my doc if I could get some sort of medical documentation and said no because it was a privacy policy.

Anyone have any experience with the evaluation by the Medicann doctors?
Thanks for the info! :jointsmile:

EciRonTog
05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
The prescription bottle will probably be enough, but just to be on the safe side, bring any other documentation that you do have.

For example, if you have any documentation from your original appointment, like even something that showed you had a scheduled appointment for back pain might help.

Divestoned
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
You have a right to copy's of any and all medical document's.Dont let him bullshit you,that information belong's to you,he's just borrowing it.

Dive:stoned:

GreenBudD
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
You have a right to copy's of any and all medical document's.Dont let him bullshit you,that information belong's to you,he's just borrowing it.

Yeah, I guess I'm just a little scared to tell him straight up I need medical documentation for MMJ, but I guess I shouldn't care because he can't do jack squat about it.

Sactown
05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
You can just ask the person up front for copies of your medical records. If they can't get them they will point you in the right direction..it's a piece of cake.

Divestoned
05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
He doesn't have the record's anyway...call the hospital/record's dept. and request copy's.May cost you few dollar's,but they'll cough them up for you.

Sactown
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
BTW, you do not need to disclose why you need them.

mymeds215
06-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Which doctor was this and how is it against privacy rights when YouR getting your files. Now for them to fax or give medicann copies you must complete authorization forms.

GreenBudD
06-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Which doctor was this and how is it against privacy rights when YouR getting your files. Now for them to fax or give medicann copies you must complete authorization forms.

Thats what stumped me when I asked, this is Kaiser btw.

dankbros
06-06-2009, 10:45 AM
medican will do it with any active percription in your name. with kaiser you need to request a copy of your medical rec from the med rec forms dept. from the date of injury[why you were percribed the flexaral in first place].it will cost you no more than 20$ & could take up to 2 weeks .this is just to b safe . but give medican a call Im sure they will tell you if the scrip will work.

anotherjeff
06-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Kaiser will mail your medical history to a physician's office for FREE!
Request it at your local Kaiser "Medical Secretaries Office".
They don't ask, "Why?", and probably don't care.