PDA

View Full Version : basic bubler :the simplest posible!

cannabecea
03-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone!!!!

Ive been growing now for 3 years and with these years i have explored many deffrent way to grow. One day i found this magic way to clone and grow a plant without too much trouble. Well during the last summer i worked on a a big bubler (with a Rubbermaid bac...) it was quite big and needed a lot of water to work (10 gal per week). So during the winter i empied the thing and put it in the basement hoping to find a better way to make one cheaper and more convenient.

So this week i was cloning a plant the old fashion (piked up a can, filled it up, put some saran wrap on top and put a clone) but i remebered my aero cloner ( i was basing myself on the Cheap-O-aero cloner from overgrow, check out the thred at http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=835 ) and sayed: why not build another? So i gathered what i had in disposition

-My air pump (i have a rena air 400 but anytype can work, on overgrow they suggest a whisper 20/60 or the pulsar four, both are 20$
-A container ( i use an old garbahge bucke with the hat on it (Mr.Hat???) any type of countainer can work, at least a quarter of a gal (i think its what i have maybe more))
-Aluminium, for the cover, i used an aluminium plate, cuted off the bottom and voilĂ*! a cover!
-Some airline tubes (1/4 of an inch i think for the diameter)
-A pierced basket
-some expanded pellets (the brown ones to replace the dirt)
-a buble curtain, this is the important pice of the bubler...its what makes the bubles [doh]. Use 1 or 2 small cylindric buble curtains (the blue thins that is used in aquariums to make air in the fish tank)

-First cut the aluminium plate to fit the top of the coutainer, make a hole for the pierced basket and one for the airtube. If you can have a food bucket (the ones that are used for for fruit cotail or mayonaise or margarine, if it contained chemicals dont use it, if its just food it OK. You have alredy a 3 gal bucket with the lid so you just have to make some holes and its done...for the moment)

-Then put the tubes trought the lid and connect the buble curtains

-Fill up the bucket with water

-If you think you need nutrients in your water inform yourself at hydro shops and use something that is not too strong (2-2-2 for exemple)

-Put on the lid start the pum and there you go you have a cute litle bubler!!!!

Have fun peace

P.S: the info i used was on www.overgrow.com and i used the following threds - http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=835 )
- http://www.overgrow.com/article.php?artcleid=2
And you can notice that the clone is in bad shape: it because its old thats all. the bubler doesnt affect it.

And another last thing the links might not work...i tryed to log on overgrow but the site or something doesnt work.

Narly Nuggs
03-20-2004, 09:57 PM
I use bubblers myself. To me, it's the easiest setup and easiest to maintain, and without using the word "cheap", let me say it's the least expensive method I can think of for hydroponics. I use plastic containers, and have 1 airpump delivering air to 4 of them.

Peace,
Nuggs

sensiskunk
03-21-2004, 04:19 AM
ive made my own bubbler buckets as well for my mothers! spent bout 30$ total for 4 3gal tubs, we cut holes out of the tops and simply put two mothers in the same bubbler bucket, with 2 foor air stones! the sides are seperated so the roots dont tangle with one-another. but watering is extensive for these big buckets, so we just have to wait till the roots get bigger! do u have any bigger buckets than the one u haave in the pic?

cannabecea
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey

I had a 10gal bucket (it was a rubbermaid bac the blue ones). It was too big so i changed it for this litle one :)

See ya