PDA

View Full Version : American Literature

ApRiLGetsAngry
05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I like to read American Literature. But I am currently reading several books. One is called " The New Mood Therapy" by David Burns, MD.

AmericanPOTriot
06-05-2009, 04:23 PM
May I direct you to an American book I just wrote and published called "Yes We Cannabis! Stimulus That Makes Sense"

cptcannabis
06-26-2009, 03:12 AM
I've noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" is an excellent allegory of what is happening to our country right now. Good stuff. All about everyone that works their fingers to the bone everyday to make the country great getting tired of being mooched on and just leaving. It's very satisfying watching the world in the book fall apart as all of these people just disappear. You'll have to read it to find out "Where is John Galt?"

SauceeMcGee
06-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Animal Farm anyone? George Orwell?!?

Great book, terrible film

JohnWaynebud
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
I like early American literature and historical fiction. This book is a well written historical fiction continuation of the Boelyn series which the movie, The Other Boelyn Girl, was based off of. I definitely recomend it!

overgrowthegovt
07-27-2009, 04:42 AM
Animal Farm anyone? George Orwell?!?

Great book, terrible film

Orwell was English, actually, not American.

For poets, I love Walt Whitman, Hart Crane, Emily Dickinson, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Wallace Stevens, and T. S. Eliot (even though I disagreed with all his views, the guy was something).

Prose: Herman Melville, Mark Twain, William Faulkner, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Hemingway, etc. Give me some Poe, too.

"Catch-22" is one of the best novels I've ever read...truly powerful and hilarious at once.