PDA

View Full Version : The CAMP helio's are out - ALREADY.. Damn!

Lanietheberner
05-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Ok, I was out walking at a buddies place earlier today, determining the best place for his garden (we haven't even installed the munchinkins yet) and a GD's helio went flying by about 50' above the oak trees....

There was this guy with a camera mounted to the floor of the helio taking pictures...

I was a bit peturbed until I saw the CAMP lettering on the side, so we just waved at the photographer, and he waved back..... (very congenial!!! LOL!!)

I wonder where all the money is coming from to run that equipment around considering the current budget here.....

Bloomingdale81
05-22-2009, 04:14 PM
F*ckers!

the image reaper
05-22-2009, 04:44 PM
pretty early in the season, wouldn't think there'd be much to see :wtf:

oh well, if LEO didn't have potheads to harass, they'd probably be writing parking tickets at funerals :D

Lanietheberner
06-15-2009, 03:55 PM
planning in regards to the heilo / CAMP patrols this year?

I was told be a LE friend that the helo that I saw was being moved down the foothills towards the Fresno area, but I was just wondering if anyone had the scoop?

anotherjeff
06-23-2009, 07:12 AM
DEA uses war duty to punish, agents charge - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/341/story/1963832.html)

Synopsis: Twenty-five year veteran DEA pilot Daniel Offield, "who oversees marijuana eradication in California's national forests," has been reassigned to Afghanistan, along with other DEA pilots. Yada yada yada

Could it be that resources are being redirected from California MJ to Afghan O?

AND, my county, Shafta, is leery of ANY out_of_pocket expenses. It's been said that, if it costs the county any money, it ain't going to happen!

Wouldn't that be sweet!

the image reaper
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
yup, it costs a lot of money to run 'choppers and coppers', but they get a lot back, when they seize property, and cash (not to mention, the drugs they sell later) ... and, provides jobs for otherwise unemployable dummies ... it works out for them, in the long run, or they wouldn't be doing it ... :smokin:

anotherjeff
06-28-2009, 12:25 AM
breaking news: (maybe no job for Mr. Offield in Afghanistan either.)
BBC NEWS | South Asia | US changes tack on Afghan poppies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8122622.stm)

Mr Holbrooke said in future destruction of poppy fields would be phased out and the money instead redirected to farmers to grow different crops.

JfromThaBay
06-28-2009, 04:40 AM
hmm. I've been seriously considering moving to Humboldt recently. Is it too "hot" in Northern Norte Califas? Would be great news if they re-assigned those assholes to the Middle East. I got another question for you guys: Do the choppers out there use thermal imaging or any other cameras besides regular "what you see is what you get" photo-ish types? I can't, for the life of me remember what those are called.

anotherjeff
06-29-2009, 04:58 AM
The MACHINE crumbles a bit more...
State narcotics team at risk in budget crisis - Chico Enterprise Record (http://www.chicoer.com/ci_12707044?source=most_viewed)

...the layoffs would severely hamper, if not eliminate, 51 multi-agency task forces operating throughout California. Those task forces â?? which the bureau coordinates â?? track down marijuana plantations...

killerweed420
06-29-2009, 10:00 PM
At about $600 an hour to run them choppers, its time to shut them down.

Lanietheberner
08-24-2009, 06:50 AM
place about 8 miles east and they had the same nice expensive bell heilo, but they had a rappeling set-up on the side.....

He said they went thru the area and stopped at everyone's place.

He lives in the out country, so I told him to get rid of his guns. He wined a bit as he has 10,000,000 rattle snakes around his place and big mean pigs that dozed his wifes veggie garden, but he finally agreed.

LOC NAR on probation
08-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Damn I feel sorry for you guy's.

I live next to the largest Amphibious Marine base in the world. Choppers in the air 24/7. You can hear the guns all the time just like a real war zone. I mean the big guns too. Rattle the paintings off the wall. One day it's fighters the next day it's auspray the next day it's jump jets but always choppers.

Ahh yes the sound of constant machine gun fire in the background makes you sleep like a baby.

Bright side is the law only gets to fly this area one day a year. No help from our marines, they are to busy to mess with dope.

Only thing missing is the sweet smell of Napome in the morning. OH, wait there it is. Must be burning out the surrounding woods again. They do each year to keep jarheads from planting on base. That's how we keep the growers off base too.

Well got to go, back to the war zone.

dimondmyne
08-26-2009, 04:36 AM
place about 8 miles east and they had the same nice expensive bell heilo, but they had a rappeling set-up on the side.....

He said they went thru the area and stopped at everyone's place.

He lives in the out country, so I told him to get rid of his guns. He wined a bit as he has 10,000,000 rattle snakes around his place and big mean pigs that dozed his wifes veggie garden, but he finally agreed.

So out in the country in ca they can fly over someones backyard and invade someones privacy. The helios are federal is that correct? Do they only do this in the country and not in suburbs?

Lanietheberner
08-26-2009, 06:11 AM
your working in an "approved state" obey the rules on the numbers of kids!

There in no such thing as privicy!

dimondmyne
08-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Ok lemme put it this way then... There have to be thousands of people with a couple plants in the backyard that isn't a mj farm but there are plants that could be seen from the air. I don't hear about people getting arrested from copters randomly flying over suburban homes. Soooo this must be something they do in the country, hills, mtn's whatever, but places like the sierra where someone could hide hundreds of plants. So what I'm just saying or better yet asking you is this thread more to alert you country folk, or should the average suburbanite be constantly looking up so he can go throw a tarp over the crop?

Thizz All Day
10-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Dont fuckin' grow loads of plants and you wont really have to worry bout them snatchin your shit.

I laugh when people with 100s/1000s get busted. What the fuck were they thinking? Thats what happens when you wanna get greedy

Micsog
12-31-2009, 01:49 AM
it really sucks that all thats confiscated 1% gets destroyed and the other 99% gets handed down and re sold to the kids on the street that don't know better only to be busted and re-confiscated and resold for their profit it's been proven
thats what they do and then they collect the money from the courts it's a tough cycle