PDA

View Full Version : Human stupidity

overgrowthegovt
05-19-2009, 03:19 AM
This has been seriously getting me down lately, and I'm curious as to your perspectives on this topic, and how severe you think this social illness is.

From what I've been observing, a depressing amount of people are content to live their termite lives in unquestioning intellectual sterility, devouring reality TV (and any other empty distraction), cultural and governmental propaganda, etc. They assert their values to you in a self-assured display of pedantry, values that have been hammered into them from the cradle and never examined. It seems everyone was either raised by a conservative fool or a liberal fool, with no capacity to look at things as they are, undiluted by some ideological piss filter. General knowledge, grammatical savvy, aesthetic appreciation...all these seem to be on the severe decline. Oh, and let's not forget 90% of the population's addiction to conspicuous consumption of useless status symbols.

My food for debate here is...shouldn't humans be smarter than this? I recognize not everybody's going to be Rimbaud, but I really think people could be educated in critical thinking, propaganda resistence, applied philosophy, etc. if only mainstream institutions weren't so reliant on the comatose mentality for their very survival.

bhouncy
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard and read that the IQ average is increasing by three points every ten years.

Purple Banana
05-19-2009, 03:21 PM
overgrow- While I appreciate your eloquence in addressing the subject of the decline of human intelligence, I think you're making way too many generalizations, based on buzz language by media outlets, open and unfounded statements, and just being vague in general. To the contrary, I don't believe human intelligence is on the decline; simply basing your argument off reality television, government propaganda, and completely unfounded statistics (conspicuous consumption? 90% That's hardly statistically measurable) and assuming most of the youth/young adult population follow what their parents have followed.

From personal observation, your logic is unsound... With each passing generation, scientific and technological discovery is exploding at an exponential rate; more kids are attending colleges- I know college does not necessarily make one smart, but the actively pursuing education is definitely a good indicator. I understand this is just a single example, but when I went to high school, the token "nerds" didn't just earn good grades, but many people in the more popular crowd actually did better on exams. Vast majority of the cliquish girls not only made it through college very well, but are attending pharm school, law school, med school... Many of the bitter and inherently intelligent people from high school are living in crappy apartments, working two jobs, trudging their way through life filled with misplaced resentment. They should be the ones in college, but they spent more energy on cynicism than studying.

You can't determine someone's intelligence by their social behavior, what they watch on TV, what their consumption habits are... It's backwards thinking. What really confused me was your phrase:

Oh, and let's not forget 90% of the population's addiction to conspicuous consumption of useless status symbols.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... By status symbols, do you imply fast cars, boats, nice houses? If so, then the 90% figure and the term addiction would render it a kind of moot point... If 90% of people purchase things which incite their status, then the term status symbol would become invalid. What is inherently wrong with buying quality if you indeed have worked hard enough for the money?

My mom worked 16 hour shifts as a nurse opposite of my dad, who worked 12 hour shifts as a coal powerplant operator to raise all six of us into healthy, functioning, and intelligent adults. Through these times, my parents learned a hell of a lot about savings and financial methods, so we've always had a comfortable home and the occasional vacation. My mom also pursued education like a fiend while working full time, accumulating four Masters and two bachelors degrees. She also watches Survivor and American Idol. My parents have 100% absolutely perfect credit. Based on your above presumption, is it morally wrong for my mom to own a Miata, or my dad to own a boat?

As far as your suggested trend in IQ, bhouncy, it wouldn't surprise me. However, traditional IQ tests, much like SATs/ACTs are generally falling out of favor in the sense that the tests are too objective, and don't show the actual spectrum of intelligence; Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences has come into favor the past decade, as it determines and measures what KIND of intelligence you predominately posses.

General knowledge, grammatical savvy, aesthetic appreciation...all these seem to be on the severe decline. I'm assuming these are all personal, local observations? How can you determine another person's general knowledge and aesthetic appreciation objectively? You can't. Simply because you don't observe people going to art shows, museums, lectures, etc. doesn't mean they have a lack of "general knowledge and aesthetic appreciation," both of which are extremely vague terms.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. GRAMMAR. DOES. NOT. INDICATE. INTELLIGENCE. As a former English major, as well as someone who appreciates grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc. I can attest that lack of grammar, especially on the internet, does NOT determine the intelligence of the person. There are scads of people on this site, as well as people I talk with on AIM who don't use punctuation, capital letters, and (gasp!) end their sentences with prepositions. That does NOT make them less intelligent in any way, shape, or form.

I guess the point I'm trying to convey is that you can't make accurate broad generalizations about society. People can have advanced degrees and still be idiots, or they can be intelligent, thoughtful, and eat McDonald's and shop at Wal Mart. Humans are, like it or not, each highly individual beings that you cannot accurately judge without knowing more subjective material. Preconceived notions about a person usually turn out to be false- I've had it happen to me often, and it will continue to happen. People surprise me all the time.

eddievanzant
05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Only read a little bit of the most recent post but
You don't see a difference at all between people based on their tv viewing preferences? Different shows can appeal to different intelligence levels some appeal to many. Are Frazier family guy 24 CNN fox MTV and adult swim ok appealing to every level of intelligence? I think people who watch MTV are retarded. There, I said it.

Also, I thought the intelligence level of society was in fact decreasing. There are a million things that point to it, but I'm talking about how dumb people actually have more children. Isn't that correct?

bhouncy
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
You don't see a difference at all between people based on their tv viewing preferences? Different shows can appeal to different intelligence levels some appeal to many. Are Frazier family guy 24 CNN fox MTV and adult swim ok appealing to every level of intelligence? I think people who watch MTV are retarded. There, I said it.

Also, I thought the intelligence level of society was in fact decreasing. There are a million things that point to it, but I'm talking about how dumb people actually have more children. Isn't that correct?

You've been watching too many movies.

The Flynn Effect - Flynn effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect)

Purple Banana
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM

I consider myself an intelligent, well-rounded person. I can't stand Frasier, I like The Office, How It's Made, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and I'm a sucker for traditional zoological documentaries. The only things I've ever watched on MTV were Daria and Beavis and Butthead.

Genetics do not have as strong of a role in intelligence factors as people believe- learning styles are more apt to be passed on; for example, my father was a very hands-on practical kind of guy, and a visual learner. My mother is an aural learner, and values logical textbook education over more traditional blue collar methods.

I learn best by experiencing, as well as combination aural and visual learning styles, but I am more intelligent in certain ways than my mother, as well as my father. It's very complex, you can't simply assume stupid people have stupid kids, or a lot of them. My parents are very intelligent, and I'm one of six children. It's also determined by the environment; you know, nature vs. nurture.

The point is, you can assume all people who watch Family Guy are nerds, stoners, and immature people. That may have merit, but remember that stoners can be intelligent people, nerds don't have to be intelligent, and immature people can accomplish great things.

Generalizations are the bane of intelligent thinking, because although averages, statistics, and graphs can show objective data, each person has completely unique traits which can either factor into the data, or completely negate it- it's all subjective when you come down to each individual.

dmahny88
05-22-2009, 06:36 AM
So i didn't read the other posts but..here are my thoughts on yours:). Id bring it down to a conversation on humans becoming civilized and when everything changed we end up becoming incapable of continuing our natural processes of evolution, natural selection, competition, success/fail. I mean, what is success? Get the JOB, get the bacon. If you were a caveman, what would it have been for you? Definitely something with real direct-competition of reward/benefit, fail/darwin says your not the strongest. It seems to me our capacity to do what we do and allow ourselves as a whole to be wrenched around and mind controlled by,and i love this:

diluted by some ideological piss filter
and the media, and the government, seems like a problem spurred from a population of people with few normal and natural darwinistic checks and balances. And thats HOW IT REALLY IS so why can't it be fixed in the way that humans so ingeniously fix anything? Its FUNDAMENTALS; fix our schools or solve the problem from a perspective of the people. I concur completely with you on that but its fixing what we know to be wrong in a way of looking at the fundamentals again i.e. like changing the best way to present children with a learning environment where great wisdom can come from(teach em AND philosophize with them).
So when i see a social illness i just this of when social interaction weren't ill and i think thats when the man brought home the bacon when he ACTUALLY went out, grabbed a spear, and hunted down, killed, cooked, and devoured..the bacon:rasta: ah bacon, delicious..
But we're still ingenious, so what's wrong with us that we can't have a society with still such a large amount of stupidity that goes along with success. It needs to end. No doubt but i think its just about making it happen soon enough, too many god damned bunch of squirrel lickin dumb knuts.:cursing::rasta::rasta:

Coelho
05-22-2009, 08:12 AM
This has been seriously getting me down lately, and I'm curious as to your perspectives on this topic, and how severe you think this social illness is.

From what I've been observing, a depressing amount of people are content to live their termite lives in unquestioning intellectual sterility, devouring reality TV (and any other empty distraction), cultural and governmental propaganda, etc. They assert their values to you in a self-assured display of pedantry, values that have been hammered into them from the cradle and never examined. It seems everyone was either raised by a conservative fool or a liberal fool, with no capacity to look at things as they are, undiluted by some ideological piss filter. General knowledge, grammatical savvy, aesthetic appreciation...all these seem to be on the severe decline. Oh, and let's not forget 90% of the population's addiction to conspicuous consumption of useless status symbols.

My food for debate here is...shouldn't humans be smarter than this? I recognize not everybody's going to be Rimbaud, but I really think people could be educated in critical thinking, propaganda resistence, applied philosophy, etc. if only mainstream institutions weren't so reliant on the comatose mentality for their very survival.

I think in the todays human society people MUST be this dumb, or the society would just collapse down... the society we live today is SO absurd that only dumb people can live into it (and like it and agree with it and spend their entire lives working for the benefit of it)... thats why the "system" (media+government+enforcement+etc) needs to keep people being this dumb.
And more the society grows, dumber it must keep its citizens...

Or, maybe its just you that is getting more intelligent, and so from your own viewpoint the rest of mankind is getting (relatively) dumber... there happened something similar to this with me when i started to smoke and started to see everything with different eyes...

overgrowthegovt
06-01-2009, 06:39 AM
overgrow- While I appreciate your eloquence in addressing the subject of the decline of human intelligence, I think you're making way too many generalizations, based on buzz language by media outlets, open and unfounded statements, and just being vague in general. To the contrary, I don't believe human intelligence is on the decline; simply basing your argument off reality television, government propaganda, and completely unfounded statistics (conspicuous consumption? 90% That's hardly statistically measurable) and assuming most of the youth/young adult population follow what their parents have followed.

From personal observation, your logic is unsound... With each passing generation, scientific and technological discovery is exploding at an exponential rate; more kids are attending colleges- I know college does not necessarily make one smart, but the actively pursuing education is definitely a good indicator. I understand this is just a single example, but when I went to high school, the token "nerds" didn't just earn good grades, but many people in the more popular crowd actually did better on exams. Vast majority of the cliquish girls not only made it through college very well, but are attending pharm school, law school, med school... Many of the bitter and inherently intelligent people from high school are living in crappy apartments, working two jobs, trudging their way through life filled with misplaced resentment. They should be the ones in college, but they spent more energy on cynicism than studying.

You can't determine someone's intelligence by their social behavior, what they watch on TV, what their consumption habits are... It's backwards thinking. What really confused me was your phrase:

I'm not sure what you mean by this... By status symbols, do you imply fast cars, boats, nice houses? If so, then the 90% figure and the term addiction would render it a kind of moot point... If 90% of people purchase things which incite their status, then the term status symbol would become invalid. What is inherently wrong with buying quality if you indeed have worked hard enough for the money?

My mom worked 16 hour shifts as a nurse opposite of my dad, who worked 12 hour shifts as a coal powerplant operator to raise all six of us into healthy, functioning, and intelligent adults. Through these times, my parents learned a hell of a lot about savings and financial methods, so we've always had a comfortable home and the occasional vacation. My mom also pursued education like a fiend while working full time, accumulating four Masters and two bachelors degrees. She also watches Survivor and American Idol. My parents have 100% absolutely perfect credit. Based on your above presumption, is it morally wrong for my mom to own a Miata, or my dad to own a boat?

As far as your suggested trend in IQ, bhouncy, it wouldn't surprise me. However, traditional IQ tests, much like SATs/ACTs are generally falling out of favor in the sense that the tests are too objective, and don't show the actual spectrum of intelligence; Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences has come into favor the past decade, as it determines and measures what KIND of intelligence you predominately posses.

I'm assuming these are all personal, local observations? How can you determine another person's general knowledge and aesthetic appreciation objectively? You can't. Simply because you don't observe people going to art shows, museums, lectures, etc. doesn't mean they have a lack of "general knowledge and aesthetic appreciation," both of which are extremely vague terms.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. GRAMMAR. DOES. NOT. INDICATE. INTELLIGENCE. As a former English major, as well as someone who appreciates grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc. I can attest that lack of grammar, especially on the internet, does NOT determine the intelligence of the person. There are scads of people on this site, as well as people I talk with on AIM who don't use punctuation, capital letters, and (gasp!) end their sentences with prepositions. That does NOT make them less intelligent in any way, shape, or form.

I guess the point I'm trying to convey is that you can't make accurate broad generalizations about society. People can have advanced degrees and still be idiots, or they can be intelligent, thoughtful, and eat McDonald's and shop at Wal Mart. Humans are, like it or not, each highly individual beings that you cannot accurately judge without knowing more subjective material. Preconceived notions about a person usually turn out to be false- I've had it happen to me often, and it will continue to happen. People surprise me all the time.

A few things I must say here:

1. Yes, we have new technological breakthroughs all the time, but I'm talking about a deeper understanding here, not the creation of higher-tech gizmos for people to shallowly distract themselves with, new means of accelerating the dehumanizing industrialism we've engaged in since the 1700s, or some bigger bomb. Most breakthroughs seem to consist of one of the above...that or better medicine, to fuel the overpopulation epidemic.

2. It is a common belief in our modern society that we cannot judge another person's intelligence, but I'm acquainted with a great many people who don't know words like "stifled" or "tyranny", are practically illiterate despite being educated for thirteen years, and who really don't know anything outside of their own tiny sphere of vacuity. University wasn't much better--nobody loved knowledge for its own sake, and they were all just after a degree for financial reasons.

3. As for aesthetic appreciation...I find it astonishing that some people could watch a sunrise, listen to a beautiful piece of music, read a poem by Keats, etc. and feel absolutely nothing. Yeah, I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but some eyes are more refined than others. I'm simply not going to buy into our age's egalitarian bullshit...genius and quality are in danger of vanishing from recognition in our era of blind subjectivity-lauding.

4. I know whether or not someone chooses to use perfect grammar on a forum doesn't indiciate intellect, but if someone has to, on an essay for example, and proves to be utterly ignorant of the structure of the language they've been speaking since birth?

5. Good point about the infinite variance of the individual...that I will acknowledge. I'm not negating human worth here or the individual capacity to transcend in a number of ways, I'm just saying that I wish more people were more intellectual, that poetry was more widely-read, that values were examined more, that arty films were more popular than American Idol, etc.

overgrowthegovt
06-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I'd like to clarify something about TV preferences and how they relate to intelligence level....Purple Banana mentioned that her mother, whom she considers intelligent, watches Survivor and American Idol. So does mine...recognizing them as guilty pleasures that provide a little mindless entertainment for relaxation purposes. There's nothing wrong with that....what's troubling, though, is that many people I know are incapable of telling a guilty pleasure from true quality: our subjectivity-driven society is fast eradicating the vital distinction.

As for the ethics of material consumption....I suppose it's hard for me to accurately judge this one, since I take no pleasure at all in possessions that do not allow me to take in art in some form: books, films, music, etc. I believe these things enrich my soul, but what would I do with a watch that costs a couple thousand dollars, when a cheap one tells time just as well? That's one human value I just cannot understand...the only people who really benefit from such consumption are the companies who sell these goods.

Coelho: you make sense to me, man. You see and know things, and you're not afraid to criticize (a major modern phobia). Civilized society is indeed deeply and inherently insane, and the mental inertia of the masses is essential to its preservation.

Anyway, I suppose the purpose of this thread was to discuss how we can find hope in the face of this, how I and others can avoid a descent into despair. I sometimes think man has been doomed since people first became able to produce more food than they needed just for themselves, thus rendering slavery practical.

bigtopsfinn
06-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Wow... Just read through this. Too many good quotes to go back and comment on them all, but let's just say I can agree with most of the things said. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I suppose the purpose of this thread was to discuss how we can find hope in the face of this, how I and others can avoid a descent into despair.

The most liberating thing I have done is not bought a TV. I still watch a couple of my favorite shows online, but that's about it. The rest of my free time I read online, because it's free, and it saves my blazed-ass a trip to the library.:stoned::stoned::stoned:

I think the human spirit will always overcome its suppressor, but these days it's so easy to sit on the couch daily, order pizza, and waste away. It's much more comfortable that way, because if you open your eyes just a little, you start to see the insanity and atrocities going on all around you...

phatsesh101
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
i agree with the dude who started the post but intelligence is the wrong word
and forredt gump got a degree

i think youre talking more about intellectualness if thats a word and what ive found with people of a higher iq tend to look down upon people and think theyre stupid. i too was afflicted with this then i realized theyre are not stupider but iam smarter. although i do have friends who can blow ne away mathmatically they cannot see the bigger picture of thinking logically or see through the bs they can do the problem but dont understand the pattern.

although i do agree with purple bananna i believe you guys are talking about different things

its like how barrack is president, most of america sees it as change but the ghetoo s see it as a front to avoid a civil or possibly a world war, buying time just what was needed for everyone to sit back and shut up from the bush regime but they both are funded by bilderburg. or how oprah and bill gates andd a couple other billionaires get together and its world news but when obamma dissapeared for a couple days to the bilderburg convention nothing was said by the media. this is the stuff i believe overthrow was speaking of. and if so america is blind or stupid.

overgrowthegovt
06-01-2009, 06:53 PM
i agree with the dude who started the post but intelligence is the wrong word
and forredt gump got a degree

i think youre talking more about intellectualness if thats a word and what ive found with people of a higher iq tend to look down upon people and think theyre stupid. i too was afflicted with this then i realized theyre are not stupider but iam smarter. although i do have friends who can blow ne away mathmatically they cannot see the bigger picture of thinking logically or see through the bs they can do the problem but dont understand the pattern.

although i do agree with purple bananna i believe you guys are talking about different things

its like how barrack is president, most of america sees it as change but the ghetoo s see it as a front to avoid a civil or possibly a world war, buying time just what was needed for everyone to sit back and shut up from the bush regime but they both are funded by bilderburg. or how oprah and bill gates andd a couple other billionaires get together and its world news but when obamma dissapeared for a couple days to the bilderburg convention nothing was said by the media. this is the stuff i believe overthrow was speaking of. and if so america is blind or stupid.

You're right...I was speaking of intellectualism, more than simple intelligence. Interesting, what you said about realizing they are not stupider but you are smarter. My girlfriend says that if I hold people to my standards, I'll of course always be disappointed. I agree absolutely about the math thing--most of my friends are better at it than me, but just can't think logically about the big picture or see through the horseshit.

I was indeed speaking, in part, about the masses' tendency to focus on the superflous at the expense of the truly significant or the potentially troubling. I really fail to see how any reasonable being can deny the intellectual sterility of the populace, without resorting to pop-egalitarianism (our latest social disease).

gibson3
06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with what the OP and one of the last posters said, it's a matter of the level of intellectual thinking. But, I do not think that society is getting more dumb or that people are becoming more materialistic than before. It's all relative. There have always been the intelligent, introspective types who like to think and can appreciate art and good music. There are people who are smart and work hard and become successful but that does not mean they are intellectual, and there are people who are normal and like MTV, etc. You just have to find people of a similar intellectual level to surround yourself with, and you'll probably get along with them best.

My own friends are a mix of all of these, and the ones I'm closest with are the ones who are like me, introspective/intelligent. My other friend's who just chill out are still my friends, we're just not as close because we do not connect.

I think people who look at humanity in this light, that the lack of intellect and critical thinking is bringing us down, are misanthropic to a certain extent, and have to realize that people are all different.

On a note to materialism - Status symbols, materialism, etc are all just objects of vanity, and being vain is a part of human nature. Sure, there are some people who don't care for nice things and are content with themselves, but I guarantee they wouldn't mind spending a little every now and then.

ibetoken
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
perspective is everything.

three words that i use to answer all of my questions.

Trip06
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Dude dont stress it A lot of these sheeple dont wanna hear anything that will upset their little insecure worlds of false sences of security. People dont wanna have to do anything other than "get money" and "be permiscuous". Its all the MTV, B.E.T. and hollywood. It seems the plastic cosmetic bullshit has really started to fuck people up. You can save some of these people but most just cant pry themselves away from the TV. Do yourself a favor and avoid them like the plauge. Theres other people out there, real people. imagine a world without hoodrats and barbiedolls.

Trip06
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I agree with what the OP and one of the last posters said, it's a matter of the level of intellectual thinking. But, I do not think that society is getting more dumb or that people are becoming more materialistic than before. It's all relative. There have always been the intelligent, introspective types who like to think and can appreciate art and good music. There are people who are smart and work hard and become successful but that does not mean they are intellectual, and there are people who are normal and like MTV, etc. You just have to find people of a similar intellectual level to surround yourself with, and you'll probably get along with them best.

My own friends are a mix of all of these, and the ones I'm closest with are the ones who are like me, introspective/intelligent. My other friend's who just chill out are still my friends, we're just not as close because we do not connect.

I think people who look at humanity in this light, that the lack of intellect and critical thinking is bringing us down, are misanthropic to a certain extent, and have to realize that people are all different.

On a note to materialism - Status symbols, materialism, etc are all just objects of vanity, and being vain is a part of human nature. Sure, there are some people who don't care for nice things and are content with themselves, but I guarantee they wouldn't mind spending a little every now and then.

and theres people who are "normal" who watch mtv LMFAO HAHAHAHHA The VERY BULLSHIT THAT HAS RUINED OUR SOCIETY>>>>>>MTV<<<<<<

DefDEEfying
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=overgrowthegovt;1990319...My food for debate here is...shouldn't humans be smarter than this? I recognize not everybody's going to be Rimbaud, but I really think people could be educated in critical thinking, propaganda resistance, applied philosophy, etc. if only mainstream institutions weren't so reliant on the comatose mentality for their very survival.[/QUOTE]

After decoding passed the imagery, an beautiful metaphoric stature of this rant I realized three things. My first thought was HA! what you are experiencing it the cry for help...the realization that the shit the feeding us isn't knowledge and the piss we drink ain't wine. * so do we blame the media or the government. at some point in our lives we have to acknowledge you can only be feed when you want to eat. that's my own natural thought my philosophy on this matter.
in pain English.
yes they tell us who we are suppose to be; at times in can be a very faded caricature of life. Often its the exact replica of what we are not. but still we find thugs in tights and prostitution is laced on vinyl records. We also mislead ourselves by acting like we don't know who we are. so we pass to are children, their children, and their classmates. and the we place blame.

Let's just say it makes the Aha Moment feel that much better. however it does need to change.

B.T.W: I fixed some over you grammatical errors. !^^!

Frickr
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
the opservation i have made on this topic, is that the people who seem to fallow every dirrection, and do what they are told without question are more likely to succeed then the free thinkers who question things and think for themselves.

the thing i see as a major problem is that we are starting to loose roots with our natural selves. alot of peoples knowledge about nature is from what they have read in a book, instead of actually going out and experiancing and observing things first hand. for thousands of years, past civilizations would spend the majority of their wealth on monuments that lined up astrologically. these cultures knew just as much as our modern science about how the solar system worked. but you never hear of that in amarican highschool history classes, what you learn in history is primarily from a white european standpoint. these cultures understood that no matter which artificial god we create for ourselves (i.e. the monantary system) the true god, and i dont mean god in the triditional sence, but more or less the base orgin of us, is the hidden powers of the cosmos. there are to many things that we cant explain by science.

another example of how we have declined both with our natural selves, and intellegence is look how we have destroyed this planet. we had the perfect gift yet we disrupt whole ecosystems to pave them in concrete so life doesnt grow, and strip the area of all its natural resources and polute it.

the thing with what i see, is that i can be fixed. people just need to see what they have done and be woken up. and im afraid to say, but i think the only event large enough to disrupt this currant distructive manner in which our time lives in, will be a major catostrophic event. something that will affect everyone equally acrost the bored, not just certain segments of the population such as the poor, or middleclass.

personified
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a time machine at home..

it only travels forword at regular time..

its essentially a cardboard box with the word time machine on the side with a sharpie..

I am building one. :D

PS
I think forward was spelled incorrectly

Stoner Shadow Wolf
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
I believe fully that the following mentalities/beliefs are diseases of the mind and should be addressed as such:

Superiority of any degree, weather it is physical or mental. regardless of the level of superiority involved, acting on it, like it, is a disease of the mind and wholly unproductive.

Entitlement is something that came from no place else than the human imagination.

Fear of the unknown is actually more learned than instinctual. we are physically incapable of fearing something we are unaware of, the fear of the unknown is brought about through suggestion, not instinct.

Belief in the lack of life; the belief that anything that exists can be inanimate and non-living is nothing short of a disease of the mind.

Lethargy/laziness is a controlled disease, intentionally inflicted upon humans. Give a human something engaging and diverse to commit their mind to, and they will stop working. (video games, internet)

Law is not a term physically recognized by nature or naturally recognized by physics and therefore is a fantasy of the human mind. To rely on it is a disease.

Self importance is nothing short of a disease of the mind and should never be entertained, lest we fall victim to the "superior" self important person.

Ignorance is wholly and completely learned, as children. A child has an unlimited fascination with the world and wants to learn more and know more. this is the exact opposite of ignorance, to which seeks to shield out the information, in favor of whatever brings about comfort. This is an unnatural disease of the mind and should be treated as such.

Credibility is a disease of the mind. nothing but reality itself is credible for anything contained within reality.
No, Christopher Columbus does not get credibility. for anything. Neither do Stephen Hawkins, Robin Williams, Oprah Winfrey, or Osama Bin Laden. They are just persons in the world who have been "given" credibility through the imaginations of their peers.

Credibility is purely imaginary and does not exist. entertainment of "credibility" is nothing short of insanity.

Entertaining fiction as reality is a disease of the mind; currency, law, statistics, and credibility are all fictional, do not exist, and should not be entertained as anything but fictional and nonexistent.

Jesus is:

Neo, Frodo, Luke, & Thor.

Realistically speaking, that is.