PDA

View Full Version : Ide like a card..What do I do?

vvshellshockvv
05-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Okay...So since I was probably in the 5th grade, Ive had a problem with my stomach giving me pain..Im 21 now and I have been to the doctor two or three times because it got so bad that I was crawling on the ground to reach a phone, so i could call someone to take me to the hospital..

I went to the hospital in the 5th grade(first time) 11 grade (second time) and again when I was 19 (3rd time)..

I took vicodin once(not prescribed) which stopped the pain, but I didnt want to keep taking them because of the risks...So I tried marijuana, which also helped..

The doctors have never really been able to figure out why I have these problems, and Im tired of bein stuck with needles over and over again, just to hear that they still can figure it out...Ide rather just stay home and smoke till the pain is gone..

ANYWAYS...I was just wondering if taking my medical records which show the three visits to the hospital would be a good enough to be prescribed a marijuana card...I also have been feeling severe hits of depression and anxiety...

I live in Hayward, CA....Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting a card? Are my chances of getting qualified good?

I have no idea what to do....ANY, and I mean ANY advice or help would be great..:(

the image reaper
05-03-2009, 04:40 AM
you should be able to find a doctor here:
CA NORML Medical Marijuana Information (http://canorml.org/prop/215physicians.html) :thumbsup:

vvshellshockvv
05-03-2009, 04:48 AM
yeah i checked that out..Im looking at going to Rainbow Cannabis...I just dont know what steps I need to take, or if my medical record for my stomach pain would be good enough...

They say they want the documentation from your doctor to be at least within the last 12 months..I havent gone to the doctor in two years because I have been dealing with the pain....what would I do?

the image reaper
05-03-2009, 06:32 AM
just phone them up, and ask them

vvshellshockvv
05-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I heard that medicann in oakland is the easiest way to go, if your just trying to be prescribed...what do yall think?

Humboldt215
05-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I heard that medicann in oakland is the easiest way to go, if your just trying to be prescribed...what do yall think?

Sounds kinda shady, like malingering.

PurpleMeds
05-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Go to the doctor and get your illness checked out. The doctor will do what he can to help your illness. If what that doctor does for you like prescribe pain meds or whatever procedures he might want to do does not help but cannabis is something that helps with that illness go to the mediCann office and talk to their doc and tell and show him what you have tried that does not help and the cannabis does then the doc will make the decision if the cannabis is a viable solution.

vvshellshockvv
05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Okay thanks, will do...I really dont wanna be on any kind of pills, kuz i heard they can do more damage than good sometimes..but it looks like I have to try them in order to be considered for an alternative...

I just heard from a friend that a job can decline you for hire now, if they see your on marijuana as medication...am I bein misinformed?

Storm Crow
05-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Arnie was too chicken to sign a worker's protection bill! So every California MMJ user is in jeopardy of losing his/her job! Me included!

Granny :hippy:

vvshellshockvv
05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
DAMN IT...guess I should just stick to buyin it from the streets....

Theyre tryna stop crimes and people from drug dealing, yet they wont let ppl like us who actually need it, get it legally without the risk of losing our jobs...Sounds kind of pointless to get it legally,IMO...

the image reaper
05-04-2009, 01:50 AM
having a legitimate Doctor's Med. MJ recommendation keeps you from being convicted of a felony, and is definitely 'worth it' to me ... NO ONE knows you have a recommendation, unless you tell them ... keep your mouth shut, use your meds ... if you get drug-tested at work, you may lose your job, Prop. 215, or not ... but, you won't be sitting in a jail cell ... :smokin:

vvshellshockvv
05-04-2009, 01:59 AM
yeah I totally see what your saying about it keeping me out of jail..But Im not an idiot..If I buy it, I buy it in someones house, and if I smoke it, I only smoke it inside my house...but I appreciate the word of advice on how it would keep me out of jail...

If your not one of those people who walk around public smoking it like its a cigarette I think your chances of bein put in jail are pretty slim, kuz I am in no way a public smoker:jointsmile:

Storm Crow
05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm in my 60s, a teacher's aide and look "respectable"- I still have my rec. Why?

Because the neighbors may have a "domestic", and the wife will run to you and the cops will be in your house. Because the cops may come asking for a donation to whatever fund or about a local burglary. Because the "Jehovah's Witness"/ magazine saleskid smells your last joint and reports you. Because your tail light goes out on the way home from your friend's house. Because your neighbor is mad at you and drops a dime.....

Life happens- and I want to be as protected as possible!

PurpleMeds
05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm in my 60s, a teacher's aide and look "respectable"- I still have my rec. Why?

Because the neighbors may have a "domestic", and the wife will run to you and the cops will be in your house. Because the cops may come asking for a donation to whatever fund or about a local burglary. Because the "Jehovah's Witness"/ magazine saleskid smells your last joint and reports you. Because your tail light goes out on the way home from your friend's house. Because your neighbor is mad at you and drops a dime.....

Life happens- and I want to be as protected as possible!

Good Post!!

vvshellshockvv
05-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I get what your sayin...Ive smoked weed illegally for about 6 years now from my home...I am very good about it, and within these 6 years of smoking I have never been close to being caught...

Some people worry a lot about it (i dont blame them), but the way I live, I probably would be better off not getting the card and risking my job..I dont know, so peoples living situations have good reasons behind gettin a card, I myself, am not in that position, Ill prolly get one if really needed..