PDA

View Full Version : PURPLE GENETICS ????

KALIGROWN
04-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Can some one please tell me the genetic make up on this strain. I was told that GDP, Grape Ape and Purple Urkel were the exact same plant, then was told that GDP was Purple Urkel x Skunk # 1 ... Grape Ape was Purple Urkel x Big Bud and Purple Kush was a cross of Hindu Kush and Purple Afgani,..Any truth to this ? .. just trying to find common ancestry within all these "purple" strains is all, I guess some of us do a little more then just...... ... smoke ? :wtf:

Thanks to all

phatsesh101
04-10-2009, 04:48 AM
sounds like yoou got it down theyre all derived from P.U and very dominant in those traits so some say they all the same

PurpleMeds
05-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Im a purple fan myself. I dont know the ancestry makeup but in my opinion the best purple is Lavender. If what u say is true about the other purps being hybrids/crosses that explains to me why I always thought that Lavender was the "real" purple that I think is the best! To me , I dont care for purple Kush, it just aint the same smell and flavor as the other purps.

If you can find it try Lavender, u wont be dissapointed

garbageman
05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
i believe lavender is GDP crossed with blueberry

DrMota
05-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Can some one please tell me the genetic make up on this strain. I was told that GDP, Grape Ape and Purple Urkel were the exact same plant, then was told that GDP was Purple Urkel x Skunk # 1 ... Grape Ape was Purple Urkel x Big Bud and Purple Kush was a cross of Hindu Kush and Purple Afgani,..Any truth to this ? .. just trying to find common ancestry within all these "purple" strains is all, I guess some of us do a little more then just...... ... smoke ? :wtf:

Thanks to all

Lavender is a bomb strain no doubt, the genetics of it are not at the top of my head dough... My understanding is PURPLE URKLE is the dad/mom of all; its ancestry derives from Mendocino,CA....
you have your info right just puzzled incorrectly...
The real Grandaddy Purple is genetically made of PurpleUrkleXBigBud it was made by a p215 patient by the name of KEN ESTES, thus sometimes you might find it under "Ken's Grandaddy Purple"
I'm not sure what Grape Ape is exactly, but it has PURPLE URKLE in it, I've heard of it being a cross with a skunk not sure if it was SKUNK#1; also the strain now comes avail in Sativa dominant hybrid although the original was an INDICA dominant hybrid.
As for the Purple Kush, under my experience theres a variety of phenos out there under this strain name.
If I could recommend a purple strain to anyone it would be the Purple Buddha from BCBD its bomb in all 3phenos and 1 is all green.
Theres a new purple I'm interested in PurplebWreck a mix between PurpleBuddha Pheno#1 & Purple Wreck.... look out 4it.
PEACE

KALIGROWN
06-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks to all that took time to respond. I have weeded out ( no pun intended) the Purple Kush, as I have been told repeatedly that it flowers waaaay too long for the amount of bud the plant produces. I'll look more into the "KEN'S GRANDADDY PURP" . . . thanks again !