PDA

View Full Version : Legality of selling pipes & smoking accessories in CO?

JAboogy
04-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey I've been designing & making pipes and smoking accessories for a bit now, before I get too heavy into production & designing them further I need to get myself settled with the law and the tax man.

does anyone know the laws regarding the selling of pipes in CO?

Just label as for tobacco use only and file my taxes as self employed at the end of the year? Do you need a license ? Are there any legal differences if you are wholeselling to a pipe store or selling them yourself?

Any information would be much appreciated,

thanks

gypski
04-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Hey I've been designing & making pipes and smoking accessories for a bit now, before I get too heavy into production & designing them further I need to get myself settled with the law and the tax man.

does anyone know the laws regarding the selling of pipes in CO?

Just label as for tobacco use only and file my taxes as self employed at the end of the year? Do you need a license ? Are there any legal differences if you are wholeselling to a pipe store or selling them yourself?

Any information would be much appreciated,

thanks

I know in Wa the laws are pretty lax. If you know where to go, you can find what you want. Just run it like any other business, and I don't think there will be anymore tommy chong bong-like busts any more. Just Fed Ex or DHL them discreetly. It all depends on how big you want to get. :twocents: