PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question??

genuinestoner
03-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Hello, i have been smoking marijuana for several months now(steady) on a daily basis.
Does smoking marijuana increase your blood pressure :eek: ? Went to the Eye doctor, they took my bld. pressure---147/94 not good. Any comments??
Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm 49 yrs old

kronick
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
lol....ur blood pressure is prolly high cause you are 49 years old. it is not uncommon for an older guy like you to have high blood pressure. its most likely from eating bad food :P and i guess weed dosent help too...lol so smoke all you want, try and eat better and when the doc says to stop toking...if i were you, id stop toking :P

genuinestoner
03-22-2005, 02:35 AM
I anint stooping toking shit. This is my medicine brother, doc does not have to know unless they take piss and look for thc

kronick
03-22-2005, 04:29 AM
even if it will kill you?

del...
03-23-2005, 08:46 AM
if anything it should lower it. it's well known as a reliever of ocular pressure in glaucoma patients...

genuinestoner
03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
i think the day thay took my pressure i was just hungry. If it kills me bring ot on. Die with a smile on my face

bloomingdeadred
03-27-2005, 03:39 AM
it isn't the weed...
watch what you eat tho....
just stay mellow and if your worried..free b/p tests can help you ease your mind...
stress kills as well...learn your body and test yourself ....
great attitude dude....
dying high is how i'll be....

dragon
03-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Bro,
If you can afford a "Volcano" vaporizer. Then any concern you have BP and MJ
should be elimanated... The delivery system you use now, is smoking correct?
BP will raise when O2 is depeleted. Have you been checked for your Cholesterol level??
Peace,
D

BigSmoke2005
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Genuinestoner: Thats the guy!! Smoke weed, I`m willing to bet money on that you will live longer if you keep smoking :) SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY!!!

kronick
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
and id bet money that it wont make u live longer...but the opisite.

Revelation
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Hello, i have been smoking marijuana for several months now(steady) on a daily basis.
Does smoking marijuana increase your blood pressure :eek: ? Went to the Eye doctor, they took my bld. pressure---147/94 not good. Any comments??
Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm 49 yrs old

Like what some of the other people have stated in the thread, I would have to say that your high blood pressure has more to do with your lifestyle than the weed itself.

However, often times when we smoke our bodys become more particularly "yang" oriented. (this is based on the Chinese medical view of the types of energy) Some times this helps to further an energetic process that is already in place, such as stress, bad eating habits, not enough sleep or exercise, etc. Even certain medical perscriptions can cause symptoms similar to what you are having.

When I first started smoking, I had many of the negative effects that many smokers complain about. Panic attacks, bad skin, lethargy, pains in the chest, etc. I have now found that applying the energetic principles that I have learned in the Martial Arts, and now in my oersonal study of Actupunture, I can correct the specific imbalance sometimes caused by the misuse of the various types of strains.

I have also learned to look at the weed, like an herbal medicine. Adjusting the dosages to the different times of the day. This is because our bodies have a natural energy flow that fluctuates throughout the day. I also adjust the size of the dose, based on the strengths and qualitys of the strain. this helps me to achive a desired affect depending on what task I am performing or the state of being I want to achive.

This method helps to control the Yin and the Yang qualities, and prevents the body (and the mind) from becoming so imbalanced that you have to spend too much time and energy correcting it.

Here are a few threads that I have already posted some helpful tips on keeping the body more regulated and balanced. You may take from it what might apply to your specific situation. I find more often that not, nearly all smokers run into these types of energy imbalances. Some are worse than others, granted, but most of them can be corrected by them same practical applications to their day-to-day lives.

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=15096

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=15176

Good luck to you, and take care of yourself.