PDA

View Full Version : im looking for a doc in R.I

skin4323
03-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm a 28 yr old male, who lives in RI. I have seizers, and several other mental disorders that qualify me to receive medical marijuana in the stat of Rhode Island. I am having difficulties in finding a Doctor who will prescibe it to me as it such a new law. Are there any Doctors that you would be able to recommend me to that might be able to help me. Thank you very much.

RandyB
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
My wife worked with a DR who may be able to help you. I will find you the name in a day or two. He is on Reservoir ave in Cranston. Randy

skin4323
04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
thank you randy. be waiting to hear from you.

perpetr8r
04-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm from Coventry and I know the doctor you speak of as he is my doctor. Would it seem weird if he had a 300 percent rise in clients in a 30 day period? :)

skin4323
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
my primery care doc is going to send a refural for me he just dose not have a mmj card

flyakite
04-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm in the same boat, My Orthopedic surgeon tells me he thinks it might be a good idea but won't sign himself, can someone help me with finding a doctor that will?

LayainHate
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey all,, I live in RI and have been searching for 3 months, I have been to 7 doctors, all who say "yes, it will help you, but the federal government hasn't legalized it, or it isn't covered under my med malpractice" Than I say, "its a recommendation, not a script, so its covered under ur 1st ammendment rights" than they say, "sorry".. Anyway guys, I've been shut down at every door... If any of you guys could find the time to help me out I'd really appreciate it. My email is [email protected] Thnx all:(

help2me0pls
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
:hippy:

Hi, all.

Newbie here. I would like to visit a kind doctor too. The last ones I have been to - said,

1.) "I don't know what's wrong with you." He had these words of wisdom for me after receiving all the blood tests from the previous doc, who referred me to him... and I hadn't even asked for anything yet. Then he sent me a bill for $300.00 (Is it just me, or is something wrong with that?);

2.) "You're just seeking drugs, and we can't help you here." This was the first thing this doc said to me as he was walking in the exam room door, with out even asking why I was there. I was there because the doctor who did the blood tests (above) suggested that my primary medical group ( to which the doctor who accused me of "seeking drugs" belonged) - my primary medical group might want to know I had been in the hospital for 3 days with blood coming out of me...
again, I hadn't even a chance to ask about --- anything!

3.) oh, yeah - and the previous, previous, previous doc who dx me with fibromyalgia had his nurse call and "cancel my appointment" after I won my case.

I really do want some help, and if this forum can help that would be nice.

I wish they could all just agree on a dx., or give me some therapy which actually does something, not just more rx's.... the Rx's may sound fun, but there's nothing fun in them, just a bunch of stuff which interacts adversely and you're not supposed to take all together....smart, huh?

I hope this makes sense, confusion is sometimes part of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

: )

help2me0pls
05-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm from Coventry and I know the doctor you speak of as he is my doctor. Would it seem weird if he had a 300 percent rise in clients in a 30 day period? :)
Hi, there:
:)

Could u contact me about ur doc?

Thx...

ricaregiver
07-02-2009, 11:57 PM
for all you Rhode Islanders that can't find a Doctor to sign a recommendation,

Call or Email these people and ask them to come to Rhode Island !!!

I have and they need to hear your stories too !!!!!

The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation - 1-800-723-0188

thc-foundation.org

ricaregiver
07-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Try googling Holistic or Naturopathic Physicians in Rhode Island and just make sure that they can prescribe medicine in RI

:thumbsup:

lmk,
Bill (I am also BigHig on here)

matrixhomie
07-09-2009, 01:19 AM
im looking for a doctor that would reccomend me medical marijuana aswell.
im 14 years old, underweight, athletic, an IQ of 112, and i have gone through alot've puberty. (i say this to show marijuana wouldnt have that negative of an affect on me) i have been diagnosed with 3 mental disorders..

-Oppositional Disorder
-Reactive Attachment Disorder
-Dysthmyic Disorder (idk if i spelt that right)

-dysthmyic disorder is basically chronic depression.
-reactive attachment disorder has affected my life to the point where being social wont really happen unless im high lol (seriously)
-oppositional disorder means basically i have a disorder that makes me defiant and ect. in reality medical marijuana would help this but i cant really think of any medical research to support this.

i have been suspended, charged, and expelled from my public school because of incidents even my therapists says is because of my disorder, now im definately not going to get high before school but i think medical marijuana would help my situation.

my grandparents(my legal guardians) are unknowing of my pursuit of medical marijuana but i have talked to them about marijuana and they say if it was legal, they would probably do it, so i think its safe to assume they are ok with it.

BOTH of my parents became addicted to crack cocaine AFTER i was born and it destroyed their life and ultimately my childhood, so marijuana being a gateway drug really isnt a possibility for me.

i have tried anti-depressents and they either dont work or make me a zombie.

umm... i have a drug test on monday for possession of 1 GRAM of CRAPPY SHAKE weed :baggy: in my locker which really isnt even possession and the police know this so i did not get charged for it and my criminal record is clean besides having a pocket knife in my locker which also cant be proved was mine, but if you want to prescribe me medical marijuana before monday so i dont get into legal troubles that would be appreciated, if not i guess i have alot've water to drink this week lol.

ricaregiver
07-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I'd like to hear how everybody's doing with their search for a cool doctor !!!

Rattiemama
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
My wife worked with a DR who may be able to help you. I will find you the name in a day or two. He is on Reservoir ave in Cranston. Randy

Randy B. - Can you please send me the information on this doctor? I am trying to help my cousin obtain a prescription and she is having a lot of trouble.

Rattiemama
07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Not just Randy B. If anyone has the contact info on this doctor I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

ricaregiver
07-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I believe he has a 6 month waiting list but here it is:

Dr Dennis Miklovich
1150 Reservoir Ave
Cranston, RI 02920

(401) 943-8685

ljiml420
10-25-2009, 04:40 AM
my primery care doc is going to send a refural for me he just dose not have a mmj card

you don't get the card from your doctor, you print the form and mail it in with your payment, all you need is for your doc to fill out the form

ljiml420
10-25-2009, 04:40 AM
I'm in the same boat, My Orthopedic surgeon tells me he thinks it might be a good idea but won't sign himself, can someone help me with finding a doctor that will?

send me a message, i can help

ljiml420
10-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Hey all,, I live in RI and have been searching for 3 months, I have been to 7 doctors, all who say "yes, it will help you, but the federal government hasn't legalized it, or it isn't covered under my med malpractice" Than I say, "its a recommendation, not a script, so its covered under ur 1st ammendment rights" than they say, "sorry".. Anyway guys, I've been shut down at every door... If any of you guys could find the time to help me out I'd really appreciate it. My email is [email protected] Thnx all:(

ljiml420
10-25-2009, 04:42 AM
:hippy:

Hi, all.

Newbie here. I would like to visit a kind doctor too. The last ones I have been to - said,

1.) "I don't know what's wrong with you." He had these words of wisdom for me after receiving all the blood tests from the previous doc, who referred me to him... and I hadn't even asked for anything yet. Then he sent me a bill for $300.00 (Is it just me, or is something wrong with that?);

2.) "You're just seeking drugs, and we can't help you here." This was the first thing this doc said to me as he was walking in the exam room door, with out even asking why I was there. I was there because the doctor who did the blood tests (above) suggested that my primary medical group ( to which the doctor who accused me of "seeking drugs" belonged) - my primary medical group might want to know I had been in the hospital for 3 days with blood coming out of me...
again, I hadn't even a chance to ask about --- anything!

3.) oh, yeah - and the previous, previous, previous doc who dx me with fibromyalgia had his nurse call and "cancel my appointment" after I won my case.

I really do want some help, and if this forum can help that would be nice.

I wish they could all just agree on a dx., or give me some therapy which actually does something, not just more rx's.... the Rx's may sound fun, but there's nothing fun in them, just a bunch of stuff which interacts adversely and you're not supposed to take all together....smart, huh?

I hope this makes sense, confusion is sometimes part of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

: )

ljiml420
10-25-2009, 04:45 AM
im looking for a doctor that would reccomend me medical marijuana aswell.
im 14 years old, underweight, athletic, an IQ of 112, and i have gone through alot've puberty. (i say this to show marijuana wouldnt have that negative of an affect on me) i have been diagnosed with 3 mental disorders..

-Oppositional Disorder
-Reactive Attachment Disorder
-Dysthmyic Disorder (idk if i spelt that right)

-dysthmyic disorder is basically chronic depression.
-reactive attachment disorder has affected my life to the point where being social wont really happen unless im high lol (seriously)
-oppositional disorder means basically i have a disorder that makes me defiant and ect. in reality medical marijuana would help this but i cant really think of any medical research to support this.

i have been suspended, charged, and expelled from my public school because of incidents even my therapists says is because of my disorder, now im definately not going to get high before school but i think medical marijuana would help my situation.

my grandparents(my legal guardians) are unknowing of my pursuit of medical marijuana but i have talked to them about marijuana and they say if it was legal, they would probably do it, so i think its safe to assume they are ok with it.

BOTH of my parents became addicted to crack cocaine AFTER i was born and it destroyed their life and ultimately my childhood, so marijuana being a gateway drug really isnt a possibility for me.

i have tried anti-depressents and they either dont work or make me a zombie.

umm... i have a drug test on monday for possession of 1 GRAM of CRAPPY SHAKE weed :baggy: in my locker which really isnt even possession and the police know this so i did not get charged for it and my criminal record is clean besides having a pocket knife in my locker which also cant be proved was mine, but if you want to prescribe me medical marijuana before monday so i dont get into legal troubles that would be appreciated, if not i guess i have alot've water to drink this week lol.

medical marijuana isn't a get out of jail free card, it's hard enough to get it as an adult, but it is legal for minors, you need a parents full cooperation. also, there is currently no mental disorder that qualifies for the card. thanks.

buffalo222
02-14-2010, 02:05 AM
what up i need help i neeed a doctor i a mmp in ca i got it in 06 but it need to be re new it i dont know if this is going to help me but i need a doctor in ri i now live in ct and will move to ri in a second once i find out i can get my med card and grow i have sick strais over 100 i spent over 8000 on my gear i ready to get to work but please if any one got a doctor for me let me know im sure i can help you out in the future i have a non active tumor i had a spinal tap nad a mri on my brain i get black out and bad head acks so got all the papers mri and what no so i think it will be no problem oncei find the good doctor :rastasmoke:

tranka32
08-18-2010, 02:03 PM
for all you Rhode Islanders that can't find a Doctor to sign a recommendation,

Call or Email these people and ask them to come to Rhode Island !!!

I have and they need to hear your stories too !!!!!

The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation - 1-800-723-0188

thc-foundation.org

Hi, I called them today, spoke to Dave. He said they have 65 patients on the call back list for RI. The Dr. will come for a 3 day clinic once they have around 150 patients that are registered for appointments. He didn't say but it looks like it may take time unless they get more of a response. If you are even thinking about it and don't know if you qualify please give them a call.
I'm faxing over my last 4 Dr. visit notes today I hope. I have neuropathy in both my left leg and left arm. If it takes much longer I may give a local Neurologist a call to set up an appointment. I am a Veteran and have been visiting the VA Hospital here in Providence for the last 10 years. They don't recommend MMJ and my current Dr. is unable to assist due to the conflict of interest. If there are any patients that see a compassionate neurologist send me a PM or message! thanks...
Edit/Delete Message