PDA

View Full Version : Is getting the medical permit worth it?

808aloha
02-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I new to smoking weed, and new to Hawaii. It has really helped with my anxiety and a host of other things although I'm not sure if it could be classified as medical use.

Is it worth it to get a medical permit, and how do I find a doctor who can help me (I need a doctor in Hawaii too)?

If the laws aren't terribly strict and the price is the same is it really worth the trouble? How strict are the laws (I'm in Waialua)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

painretreat
02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the group and I am sure those Hawaiian golden growers will be around to visit you soon--they are here. I am not sure about anything in your state except what I've read here from this area. Very interesting and they seem to really help each other with the info you are requesting.

In CA we can't even get a State Card in my county. I am not sure if the county thinks it is absurd and not in your best interest, it is too expensive for a budget strapped town or they know we've been doing it forever and didn't need a card to roll a joint at the price of $150. which is what the next door county charges! I could give you a lot of good reasons to in this state!

I'd sure like to be able to grow in your climate though!!! PR

the image reaper
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
painretreat, WHY are you so damned and determined, to give your County money for a non-existent 'card' ??? ... what do you expect to gain from it ? ... the reason your County doesn't issue a 'card', is because California Prop. 215 makes no provisions, or requirements for any 'card' ... ALL that is required, by California State Law, is a Doctor's 'recommendation to use cannabis' ... no mention of counties, or 'cards', in there ... some Counties started selling 'cards' ONLY to take your money ... that's all, it's just for the money ... whoever at your 'pot activist meetings' is telling you, that getting a 'card' is the thing to do, is full of crap :wtf: ... try this: walk into your local County Sheriff's office, hand him a couple hundred dollars, and say "I smoke medical pot, gimme a card" ... now, you tell me, exactly what benefit do YOU gain from that, and, how in the hell did that 'help our cause' ?? ...
I suggest you'll be a lot happier, if you forget the 'activist/medMJ card' business, altogether, twist up a doobie, and RELAX ... you're a well-meaning person, enjoy life :)

StickyfingahZ
02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I had a card in hawaii and I kinda looked at it like,more of an insurance policy,I mean,$150 bucks isnt that bad.....I mean,they had that case up in hilo where the cops raided the house and the people were patients,they wound upsuing the state for like $30,000....If they didnt have a card,they would have been in jail.

Divestoned
02-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I was busted for growing with out a card.It took so long to get to court that I had my card by then.They dropped all charges an gave back my equipment.the 300$ was well worth it for me.Now I can grow without that underlying fear of beeing arrested.Im allowed to transport up to 1.5 lbs...which is priceless when you see a cop behind you..

Dive:stoned:

808aloha
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
All, Thanks for the advice.

Divestoned, Sounds like the the permit is definitely worth the peace of mind. So, how do you go about getting a card in Hawaii? Should I just find a doctor and ask him? Any advice where to start?

808aloha
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
StickyfingahZ, how did you get your card?

StickyfingahZ
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
StickyfingahZ, how did you get your card?

Dr.Jimenez has an office,The chicks in there are super cool! Especially the one that does the Hawaii Medical Marijuana stuff,just call up the office and schedule an appointment,its in Ewa Beach and I remember he only is in the office like 1 week of each month.You gonna have to take an online assesment and it will tell you your chances,pretty cool! Good Luck bro!
I used to be with them till I moved up to Oregon.

gypski
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
The only time I've ever felt safe is after I got my Washington Authorization. Now, I and some friends are ready and willing to help others in need. I can't tell you anymore where but you can find out if you look around. :thumbsup:

As for providing a service at our web page (I can't post a link anymore), people from around the country and the state of Washington are downloading our brouchures and reading our information. As far as adding new medical members in need of safe, reliable medication without the hassles of street deals, that has been minimal. :jointsmile:

Nonetheless, we are there if you can find us. :smokin: