PDA

View Full Version : medicann recommendation or na?

420Dank
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
im going to medicann next week i already made an app.
the problem is that i dont have any medical records bcs i dont have insurance.

do i need a recommendation from another doctor to give to the MJ doc to get my mj card? or can the mj doc just recommend me right there, after talking to me and seeing that i really have a problem.?
bcs like i said i dont have any meds or records indicating i have anything.

thanks for ur help :rastasmoke:

the image reaper
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
depends on medicann's requirements ... call them, and ask ... if they're legitimate, they'll refuse you, without a medical history ... if they're only in it for the money (like most pot-med clinics), you'll be fine ... (just tell them you have a hangnail) :wtf: ... my doctor tells anyone calling, to not even come in, without a big pile of medical records ... not trying to be a smartass, just telling you how it really is ...

420Dank
02-16-2009, 02:16 AM
depends on medicann's requirements ... call them, and ask ... if they're legitimate, they'll refuse you, without a medical history ... if they're only in it for the money (like most pot-med clinics), you'll be fine ... (just tell them you have a hangnail) :wtf: ... my doctor tells anyone calling, to not even come in, without a big pile of medical records ... not trying to be a smartass, just telling you how it really is ...

thanks for the help dude. well i know ppl who went with no medical record just his CALIid and da money n it was all good lol. he just said dat he had chronic lower back pain and got his recommendation ryt there

west coast style
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
If you can prove to the doctor that you really need MMJ, then you'll be fine.

But not having insurance is a bad excuse. There are plenty of free clinics around you can visit to get at least some kind of medical records.

12662ro
02-21-2009, 07:23 AM
I need your help please. I life in Benicia, CA I need to know a doctor to call to make an appt. for a cannibis card. I have to get some soon or I.....I hope you contact me.

GoddessHerb
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM
MediCann has a clinic in Concord, you can get the address of their website. That's where I got my rec. Going to MediCann was no different then going to see a doctor at the local clinic, they're all in it for the money ;) You should have some med records that you can have forwarded to the clinic to back up your claims, but they aren't always necessary. You may also just get a rec for 3 or 6 months instead of a whole year until you bring some records in. I'm sure you'll have no problem. MediCann was an excellent resource for me and I'm very glad they're around to help people get the medicine they need without a hassle. Just my :twocents: FWIW. Hope this helps.

Blessed be~

KillerDemo
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
i'd watch out, i have heard of some MMJ-doctors (medi-cann) not backing patients up in court? anybody wanna chime in?

the image reaper
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
talking with my local Sheriff's Deputies, they know who the legit area doctors are, and who the scammers are, too ... they tell me, they seize the goods, and cite the 'doc-in-a-box' recipients ... they let the judge decide ... legitimate Doctors, like mine, they respect, and let ya go on your way ... my Doctor also lends himself to court defense, although I've never had to test that ... my neighbor decided to save himself $30, by going to a 'pot clinic' instead of my Dr. ... a cop told me he considers that recommendation as 'questionable', and would let a judge decide ... to save a lousy $30 ? :wtf:

disrupt86
03-21-2009, 01:24 AM
there is a doc in vallejo i met a little while ago,his office if off of mini drive,next door to everything green hydroponics.wheni went to medican i didnt have a doc recomendation,but he spent about 45 min with me talking and trying to decipher wether or not i was full of shit.verry good people that really took the time to listen to me.

disrupt86
03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
its not there job to back anything."im not trying to be rude" they are not lawyers they are the to serve to the medical public,just like kiser and blue cross.is a doctor going to remeber you specifically 9 months after your visit? all they can do is release your medical records for the court if you and only you order them. good luck

dangle
05-19-2009, 04:39 AM
What ever happened with your medicann visit? I've never been to a doctor except for a few visits to the ER, so I don't have any medical records.

Pikachu5
06-06-2009, 07:06 PM
IMO, if you do not have any medical records indicating your serious medical need, your ailment are probably not serious. The intent of 215 was to provide MMJ access to patients that have serious health problems, not for every minor ailment under the sun. Because of the vague wording, there has been a lot of abuse, although to me it is no different than you going to your doctor asking for a script of Xanax or Vicodin.

Medicann will direct you to fee clinics to get a proper diagnosis as they are not setup to conduct a full medical exam. They will likely give you a 3 or 6 month recommendation. Once you have medical records, they will extend it to a year.