PDA

View Full Version : 'NORCAL DADDYS GIRL' seeds available very soon ...

Pages : [1] 2

the image reaper
12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Hemp Depot is currently germination-testing IR Seeds' pet project (well, it had to have a name :D) 'NorCal Daddys Girl' should be available in a few days, I should think ... a very limited supply, too, so don't delay, if you've been wanting this one ... the wildfires put a deathblow to my seedplants, so only 250 were made available this time around ... do NOT purchase NCDG, if you like a couchlock strain ... NCDG has very little body effect, she is primarily a mood-elevator, pretty spacey, and excellent for treating depression ... an active, daytime smoke ... and, oh, so lovely of a girl, too :yippee:

the image reaper
12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
hope it's OK to post this link :jointsmile:
Marijuana Cannabis seeds at Hemp Depot Shipped Worldwide (http://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/canadian/Daddy%20Girl.htm)

xcrispi
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Congrats old school .
Your hard work paid off .
Crispi :stoned:

the image reaper
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Congrats old school .
Your hard work paid off .
Crispi :stoned:

LOL, 'old-school', why, that's one of the nicest things I've ever been called :thumbsup: (and, I've been called everything :D) ... thanks, my friend :jointsmile:

d4twamp
12-13-2008, 12:44 AM
:clap::clap::clap: And the crowd goes wild :clap::clap::clap:

TIR, Damn bro, I'm so happy to see this...Congratulations no one in my opinion is more deserving.... I wish I had the cash to get some of those beans, I live in Nor - Cal and nobody local has even heard of it yet...

So are you still OTR.... I haven't heard much from you man...I'll be watching for more NCDG grows I know Tree and WT got some going, so I'll get my fix for the Daddy's Girl vicariously through them.... I just love that name you chose, Maybe cuz I've got 3 daughters, and we all live in Nor Cal....

Keep up the good work Brother....:thumbsup:

D

LolaGal
12-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Boohoo! Can't afford the Daddy's Girl today, and I bet they don't last long enough for me to get some after Christmas.

She looks mighty fine IR, and I'm proud of you. Anyway, got the page bookmarked and will keep my fingers crossed they don't sell out before I get any.

the image reaper
12-13-2008, 03:06 PM
thanks for the kind comments :) ... I had to go with a seedbank, to allow you folks' access to my NCDG seeds ... I got a lot of requests, but is just too risky for me to attempt distribution myself ... this way,it takes some of the heat off of me (I hope) ... I did request that they be priced economically ... I ain't in this for the money (which is why I'll die broke :D) ... as for the naming of her, I always called her 'Daddys Girl' (I called ALL my plants 'daddys girls', my whole growing life :D) ... then, awhile after naming her, I discovered that 'Kiwi Seeds' already had a strain called 'Daddy's Girl', a strain he developed from an African sativa (no similarity whatsoever to my NCDG) ... anyway, I communicated with Kiwi Seeds (a very nice guy, in a family operation) ... Kiwi was very cordial, said 'no worries' about me unknowingly stealing his name ... I think it was StinkyAttic that suggested tacking the 'NorCal' tag to its title, to avoid confusion ... she also came up with the 'IR Seeds' name, (I think she may be my manager/promoter) :D ... hmmm, any fringe benefits with that title, Stinker ?? :computerlove1: ...

Treetops
12-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Congrats Reaper...its great seeing you be rewarded for all your hard work and desire for the good of the plant...NorCalDaddys Girl will always be in my stable...Again thanks for all your efforts and more....

To Reaper and his continued success with NCDG!!!

Peace,
Treetops :thumbsup:

d4twamp
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Congrats
To Reaper and his continued success with NCDG!!!

Peace,
Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

whodii
02-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Anyone had a germination problem with these? I've only gotten 1 out of 3 to pop so far. I use the paper towel method.

DTRave420
02-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Havn't had the pleasure of trying them...Might need a slight scuff...Nice to see you whodi...Havn't seen ya since HG...

whodii
02-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Hey rave! Ya I miss the good folks from hg420.. good to see ya:jointsmile:

the image reaper
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
here's the best germination info I've run across ... NCDG seeds are fresh, scuffing or pre-soaking are not advised ...
Germination (http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/germination.html) :thumbsup:

DTRave420
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
here's the best germination info I've run across ... NCDG seeds are fresh, scuffing or pre-soaking are not advised ...

Great germ info "IR"...Tell ya man,lookin' back,I'm kind of embarrased at germ advice I've given to people over the years...My thing has always been germin' in a warm bathroom with the paper towel method...I'd even turn on a hot shower for a few moments to make it more humid...Seemed to work good but after reading that article,I'm spooked...The thing I never liked about germin in the medium is not being able to see the seeds...I grow two plants at a time and if one pops its head 2 or 3 days before the other it's very tempting to stick a tooth pick down in the dirt to see what's going on before one plant is a week older than the other...
Sorry to ramble,great info...:thumbsup:

Treetops
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey Gang,
Thanks to Image Reapers method from Mike Mandala I now get almost 100%results in germinating my seeds every time...
I too like to see my seeds cracking, and this can be done using this method....Just make a slit or pull the rapid rooter apart, making a "rapid rooter womb" ...drop a seed in it...and sit back,watch and wait...

Try it, if this rookie can do it so can you...

Peace,

antman2
02-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I ordered the seeds soon after they were avail from HD.
Had no problem germinating ( in wet towel ) but had most plants die after breaking surface of soil. Looked like the root /stem just withered. Seems the seeds that were planted that didn't sprout out of the shell survived.I got 3 plants out of 10 seeds . Doing ok after a month but I burnt them a bit with a worm castings tea.

veggii
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
"IR Seeds" your a celebrity know congrats !! better copywright the name ! and make more seeds!! what lines can we expect to see in the future ? hint! hint! is IR Seeds hiring? I come with a couple good strains! lol way togo IR congrats :thumbsup:

:hippy::hippy::hippy::hippy::hippy:

the image reaper
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I ordered the seeds soon after they were avail from HD.
Had no problem germinating ( in wet towel ) but had most plants die after breaking surface of soil. Looked like the root /stem just withered. Seems the seeds that were planted that didn't sprout out of the shell survived.I got 3 plants out of 10 seeds . Doing ok after a month but I burnt them a bit with a worm castings tea.

I'm very sorry to hear that ... the withering stems after emerging is textbook "Pythium Wilt', or 'damping off' ... it's a fungal bad-boy that is caused by a too-damp environment ... that's one reason, I don't use the wet-paper towel germinating, it's a breeding ground ... an old tip was to use add a bit of bleach to the wet paper towels, but I feel more secure, just using chlorinated tapwater during germination ...

whodii
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
*** UPDATE ***

Well i tried germinating 3 NCDG seeds in paper towel

1st one germed in 2 days or so.. planted in straight coco and it ended up sprouting above the coco just fine and looked good. 2 days later it stretched a lot and it fell over and the stem got real skinny. Well I just put mroe coco around the long, skinny stem. It seems like it's gonig to survive, so we'll see. I'm not sure if it was some kind of fungi or not; but my 400watt MH was 3ft above the seedling and I think this is what caused it to stretch so much and fall over.

The other 2 wouldn't germinate in the paper towel so I burried one in straight coco and about 5 days later it looks like it's about to sprout above the coco anytime now.

The 3rd one I put in rapid rooters a day ago so hopefully it'll sprout in a few days.

I also germed 2 more NCDG in paper towel but didn't wet the paper towel as much as the other ones i tried to germ in the paper towels. THese germinated just fine within 2 days. Got them In coco and should be sprouting in a couple of days.

I'll continue to update and let you all know how it works out. Thanks for the seeds IR

whodii
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that ... the withering stems after emerging is textbook "Pythium Wilt', or 'damping off' ... it's a fungal bad-boy that is caused by a too-damp environment ... that's one reason, I don't use the wet-paper towel germinating, it's a breeding ground ... an old tip was to use add a bit of bleach to the wet paper towels, but I feel more secure, just using chlorinated tapwater during germination ...

Too damp environment or too damp medium? Damp as in really humid? I thought it was good for it to be humid. What are ways you can prevent this; running a fan once they sprout above the medium?

the image reaper
02-12-2009, 02:51 AM
regarding Pythium Wilt (which sounds exactly what ya got goin' on there), is primarily caused by the soil being kept too damp ... also, cool, damp soil is really the worst ... Pythium Wilt (damp-off) can get a toehold during the wet towel presoaks, and then worsen once in the soil ... also, a 400-watt HPS is pretty intense for a young seedling, even at a 3-4ft. distances ... early vegging growth is a perfect place to use fluorescents ... also, as with all seedlings, NO nutes for the first two weeks ... NorCal Daddy's Girl, doesn't need heavy feedings ... I recommend 1/2-strength, mild,fertilizer solutions, applied once weekly ... you can always add more, if needed, but she really is a pretty light feeder ... once she gets going. just let her have her head ... she is very hardy, and trouble-free ... and, don't hesitate to ask me questions about her, that's why I'm here :)

antman2
02-12-2009, 04:29 AM
IR ,

I think its a real bonus being able to get advice from the seed breeder as you grow their products.
I think you're probably right about the fungas. I thought it might be soil related and switched from Shultz to Promix. But the one plant in Shultz(with extra peat moss ) is doing ok .
I suspect I nute burnt some plants.One has a few leaves with yellow spots going brown and one has some bottom leaves going pale yellow.
I read that worm castings couldn't burn the plants.
I will soon be transplanting to bigger pots from cut off 2 l soda bottles. I plan to use promix mixed with some worm castings.
It looks as if the 3 plants I have will be females. I suppose I'll be happy enough with my small closet grow even with my fungal losses. I really don't have the room for more than 4 plants. I don't want to have any disasters now as I'd like to harvest a crop by May so I can have some campfire smokes while camping.

animalman
02-12-2009, 06:23 AM
hey image reaper, i got a question. the seeds sold out at hempdepot so fast i didnt have the chance to get any, so my question is will you be supplying them with anymore seeds soon? also i think i read in another post somewhere you were entering her in competitions, anything happen with that?

animalman
02-12-2009, 06:27 AM
I will soon be transplanting to bigger pots from cut off 2 l soda bottles.

if the bottles are clear that would be a mistake, roots dont like light

the image reaper
02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
my NCDG was entered by StinkyAttic, in the New England Nugs & Jugs Cannabis Cup ... a last-minute entry, Stinky took the 4th place Cup, very nice, made me proud :thumbsup: ... to be honest, I think a prime example of her would take high honors in any Cup :thumbsup: ... the 250 seeds distributed, were all I had available (except, of course, a few of my own NCDG seeds, for safeguarding the genetics) ... I was totally wiped out in the northern California wildfires, just a couple weeks before harvest, so I lost about 3 years' work there ... no worries, when shit happens, we just start over ... my share of the proceeds were donated to the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) organization ... I am one of those 'old-schoolers', :hippy: , that is appalled over the price of MJ and seeds ... although I'm broke, I'm just not into earning money that way ... when my next seedplants are ready, this coming Fall, I am hoping we will have more permissive laws, that may permit me to share the seeds even cheaper ... we'll see what happens in Wash. D.C. ... :smokin:

the image reaper
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
if the bottles are clear that would be a mistake, roots dont like light

very true, good tip :thumbsup: (and, make sure they have excellent drainage)

animalman
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
my NCDG was entered by StinkyAttic, in the New England Nugs & Jugs Cannabis Cup ... a last-minute entry, Stinky took the 4th place Cup, very nice, made me proud ... I was totally wiped out in the northern California wildfires, just a couple weeks before harvest, so I lost about 3 years' work there .... when my next seedplants are ready, this coming Fall, I am hoping we will have more permissive laws, that may permit me to share the seeds even cheaper

congrats on 4th place I'm sure it was well deserved, and i doubt you could have found a better grower to grow for you. sorry for your loss, glad to see it hasn't got'en you down. NCDG for less sign me up. best of luck in all your future endeavours bro

later

d4twamp
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I was lucky enough to get sum NCDG beans, My hands are full with other strains atm but before it's nice enough for outdoor I'm hoping to find a good NCDG mom in the Bunch...

Reaper is the rice in the bean bag to battle humidity, if so good idea...I too hope to grow some beauties w/ these beans...Indoor and out...

Rock.Steady
02-13-2009, 11:07 PM
funny, i was just googlin for some info on NCDG and found this thread:D (i luv google)
turns out i was lucky enuf to be gifted with some beans from a recent hermied NCDG (thx WT:thumbsup:)
was lookin for some info on the strain and didnt realize the history here.
Great job IR, and even more exciting is my particular love of the energetic strains!
now, im even more excited to pop a few of these!

I will be sure to start a dedicated log for these beans:pimp:

the image reaper
02-14-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd like to know more about your ncdg 'hermie' ... this is first time I've EVER heard of her switching sex :wtf:... bad girl, bad ! ... I purposely mistreated NCDG plants for 2 years, trying to force a hermie (didn't happen) ... tell me more, please :smokin:

Mississippi Steve
02-14-2009, 12:45 AM
funny, i was just googlin for some info on NCDG and found this thread:D (i luv google)
turns out i was lucky enuf to be gifted with some beans from a recent hermied NCDG (thx WT:thumbsup:)
Great job IR, and even more exciting is my particular love of the energetic strains!

There already has been a grow log or 3 on here for NCDG.

Mississippi Steve
02-14-2009, 12:51 AM
very true, good tip :thumbsup: (and, make sure they have excellent drainage)

IR, the NCDG rocks!! after only 3 weeks in the cure jars, all it takes is one hit with the waterpipe... If I take more than 2 hits, I gotta turn off the TV and the puter cause there are too many colors :D

I also noticed that it takes about 10 minutes for the effects to hit... Was this planned?? or was it a surprise??

Rock.Steady
02-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I'd like to know more about your ncdg 'hermie' ... this is first time I've EVER heard of her switching sex :wtf:... bad girl, bad ! ... I purposely mistreated NCDG plants for 2 years, trying to force a hermie (didn't happen) ... tell me more, please :smokin:

IR, hey. sorry , i assumed it hermd, WT sent me some beans.

i just went n reread, it was from a NCDG he grew n pollinated w NCDG.
so, i guess i have a gen2 bean????
i dont know a thing about the coding lingo.

sorry for the confusion, i was stoned on white widow and ampd from receivin the beans today.

the image reaper
02-14-2009, 02:01 AM
thanks for the response, I gave quite a few seeds out to growers, as test batches, and never got word of any hermies ... if WT made some beans, that's cool, I'm 're-assured' my lines are still primo :thumbsup:... like most daddies, I'm concerned with my little girls reputation :D (I hate hermies, lol) ... good growing ! :thumbsup: ... P.S., when she grows out, and is in the pipe, you'll throw rocks at that WW :D

whodii
02-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Funny you mention that about the white widow, IR... I'm tired of smoking it and got some NCDG for something new :thumbsup:

** UPDATE **

Turns out the problem with the germination was due to the cooler weather and the paper towel was too moist.. (actually wet) but all DG'S popped just fine eventually. They germ much faster with warmer temps and not-so-moist paper towel (my fault)

Anyways, another problem was my coco was staying too moist and cold so that is what caused them to die, not the germination technique.

I have 2 out of 5 seedlings doing very well for now, and the 3rd NCDG should be popping up pretty soon. The other 2 were lost due to the cold/wet coco; again, my fault.

So all in all I should have 3 healthy plants and I will be sure to update them as they progress, with pictures. I've never tried LST before but I think i'll try it with these; we'll see. I promise not to disappoint you all here at cannabis.com and Image Reaper, for sharing these fine genetics.

Thanks again everyone..

the image reaper
02-15-2009, 02:41 PM
glad to hear you're getting it sorted out :thumbsup: ... cool temps and too much moisture is a sure bet for 'damp-off' problems ... don't use any ferts for at least 2 weeks, and half-doses, throughout most of her life, she is a light feeder ... she likes molasses, too (tablespoon per gallon) starting a week or two, before flowering, and during ... lay off everything the last 1-2 weeks, let her flush out ... you can snip away at her, she doesn't mind pruning, etc., but I'd let her get grown up a couple feet, if you can, first ... she doesn't get too awfully tall indoors, mine were usually just bent over, and tied the last few weeks ... I had to keep mine down to about 4'-5', due to cabinet size ... if you're growing with high-pressure lamps, you will likely need to support her branches, her buds will be large and heavy, she's a real good producer ... good growing ! :jointsmile: P.S. - I don't have experience with the coco medium, watch your pH ...

Humboldt215
02-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Congratz ya 'ol Dawg!

the image reaper
02-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi, Humboldt 215 !, how the hell are ya ? ... hey, xcrispi just got himself a German Shepherd pup, gonna take it to school (dog may just wind up smarter than all of us :D) ... I'm draggin' my ass outta the desert in a couple weeks, heading back north ... maybe we'll meet up this year, & swap lies :D ... :thumbsup:

Humboldt215
02-15-2009, 04:54 PM
That, could be interesting.

Mississippi Steve
02-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi, Humboldt 215 !, how the hell are ya ? ... hey, xcrispi just got himself a German Shepherd pup, gonna take it to school (dog may just wind up smarter than all of us :D) ... I'm draggin' my ass outta the desert in a couple weeks, heading back north ... maybe we'll meet up this year, & swap lies :D ... :thumbsup:

If you end up in south mississippi, then you can tell me for sure if I did right on the daddys girl, nad the Ultra Haze should be finished about mid march, tho all her trichs are cloudy now....might be sooner. Was sent some beens from another breeder that sound interesting... they will prolly be in the next grow. Something about "Toxic Blue" F2. Supposed to be a really good pain med. We shall see.:thumbsup:

the image reaper
02-15-2009, 10:24 PM
ty, Steve ! ... I'm sure ya did fine, as long as it makes ya smile, it's fine :D ... I've heard of Toxic Blue, but don't know anything about it ... hope ya do a grow log, so we can watch ... :jointsmile:

d4twamp
02-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Hey Reaper When Ya gonna be back up this way Brother...

the image reaper
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey Reaper When Ya gonna be back up this way Brother...

March, if it ever warms up, and stops raining up there :(

antman2
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
IR ,

Still have some bottom fan leaves going pale yellow. Is this from my over ferting with castings tea or a lack of nutrients ?

the image reaper
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
IR ,

Still have some bottom fan leaves going pale yellow. Is this from my over ferting with castings tea or a lack of nutrients ?

you're not giving me much to go on, no details, no photos, BUT, 'over-ferting' results in burnt leaf tips, not yellowing ... yellowing leaves during vegetation, 'generally' is a nitrogen deficiency, while yellowing fan leaves during flowering is perfectly normal ... keeping the soil too wet, and root-bound pots, also exhibit yellowing leaves (in addition to less-common factors) ... growing-wise, NCDG isn't any different than most strains, EXCEPT, she tends to be a light-feeder, so, resist the 'fertilizer/additive syndrome' :D ... really, this is very Basic stuff, and thoroughly covered in the Plant Problems threads ... but, I'm happy to help while I can, keep us updated :thumbsup:

antman2
02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
IR,

Here's a pic of the plants with yellowed leaves. Just tranplanted to bigger buckets the other day with promix. Would like to set to flower in a week or so.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee342/canoetracker/004.jpg

the image reaper
02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
those are a bit yellow, yes ... worm castings are outstanding, but slow-acting, nutes ... you might want to give her a bit stronger dose for a few waterings, see if she doesn't green up ... I recommend waiting until you see alternating branches, before switching to flower, but if limited in overhead space, ya do what ya gotta :) ... keep me updated, I'll stay with ya ... :jointsmile:

antman2
02-16-2009, 11:44 PM
IR,

Thanks for the tips. I have some shultz 5-10-5 liquid fert. Should I mix that at half strength ? I thought the new soil would provide enough ferts to allow a recovery .
Not sure what alternate branching is. Tallest plant is about 16 inches. I have a small grow area. Little better than 2 sq ft and lit by 4 x 20W flo tubes. Don't think light will penetrate too deeply if the plants are tall. Plan to install a screen for sea of green . Also pressed for time. Would like to harvest a crop my early May. But I plan to regenerate after harvesting buds for a second crop . So final amount not so important.

the image reaper
02-17-2009, 01:47 PM
go ahead, and give a regular dose of the schultz 5-10-5 to your plants, then use a half-strength dose, once weekly ... you can continue with your worm castings, if you'd like ... you really need a lot more light than what you have, but we make do, with what we have, eh ? ... 'alternating' branches, indicate the plant is mature, and ready for flowering ... instead of two branches sprouting from the main stem opposite each other, they are 'staggered' ... you can switch to flower at any time, but best results, come from waiting for maturity ... be sure to research the Basic Growing threads, most of this really should be known, before even planting seeds ... hang in there, your plants are looking pretty good, actually ... good luck :)

d4twamp
02-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Aaaww! Now tending(:beatdeadhorse:) to a young grasshoppa', TIR is truely a MASTER of his art...And I see Your little Girl from Nor~Cal made it International...:clap::clap:standing ovation for that accomplisment Reaper...

One day I know we will see our fav local girl competing for the cup, and on menu's in A-dam....

antman2
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
IR,

My flo tubes are high output and are around 1200 lumens each.So I get the 2000 lumens/sq ft that I saw recommnded somewhere on the net. I will try to fit in a single tube warm white tube when flowering.
Did my best to study over the grow guides on the net before planting.
Except for these yellowing leaves the plants are ok. Very good stem size and compact. Growing about 1/2 '' per day.
Only looking to get a few ounces out of 3 plants.

the image reaper
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
you'll be OK, your plants look pretty darn good right now ... :thumbsup:

WhiskeyTango
02-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Sorry Rock, your a lil off there, lol.

I had 2 males outta a gift of beans froma brilliant man! one was blah, the other was stinky as hell at 7 nodes, and throwing balls all over at 6 weeks from germ. Nice n thick, tight nodes....perfect daddy.
I had 6 ladies, 2 special. One was the very light lime green pheno, nice tight nugs, AMAZING aroma, all around perfect breeder.
and the other....the other IR would probably love...lol

Her branches went more out than up, almost threw her out for space, glad I didnt. Due to this structure and Im sure the genetics, maybe IR can clear some of the why's out. The buds grew more up, with the VERY large calyxes. Not spiraling, but tall and the last few weeks, took on an AMAZING grapey, nag champa smell, and GORGEOUS colors! lime green, magenta, purple...very pretty plant to look at.
So I pollinated my 2 great phenos with the bad ass daddy. and NOT ONE male flower was found on any of the girls. NO HERMIES...lol
lemme look for a few pics....:(:wtf:
apperently all my pics were erased before the harvest. Im sure there are some in my log. I think I actually took pics of them breeding in the boom boom room thread?
Here are some drying shots though of the purple pheno, with lovely NATURALLY bred seeds.....lol(sorry rock, just pokin at ya!!)

So, lemme say, ANYONE lucky enough to get some IR seeds NCDG, I PROMISE you will not only find a mom, but more than one....lol. One of my top 3 smokes of all time now. GREAT anti-anxiety benifits. Perma grin is unavoidable. And its true what stinky and IR said, I didnt believe em, but I think IR got some MDMD in this strain, lol. You will get horny smokin it!
So because I am so blitzed on her right now, if none of this makes sense, my bad! Just wanted to say there where NO hermies again within all the plants I grew out. Germed at well over 95%, Cant remember exact amount, only a few didnt.
good vibes all,

RESPECT K+++ Image Reaper. A strain to build with, and stick around for MANY years....

WhiskeyTango
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
See, I am ripped, most of that post was covered if I read up more, lol. rest assured wise one, No throwing shit together went on here. I feel I did em right, lol. Only 2 special ladies were seeded from only one male. I kept very tight selection. Forgot to mention I pulled the purp pheno at 60 days, longer than norm just to make sure the beans got full...
Thanks also for the blessings to share! A fine gentleman as well as breeder you are IR!
good vibes

the image reaper
02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks, to you guys for the flowers, lol :hippy: (trucker expression for 'compliments') :D ... as for the 'horny' effects, yup, it sure took me by surprise, too :thumbsup:

matter of fact, I plan future grows, to try to isolate that 'horny, aroused' phenomenon (I will name it 'Viagra', how original :D) ... I will need several high-school cheerleaders, to round out my 'research crew', however ...

Application here:

Question #1 - are you capable of saying "NO" ? (trick question, correct answer is 'No')

Question #2 - do you miss your Daddy ? (correct answer here, is "yes, daddy")

ahhh, gardening can get soooooo dirty :S2:

WhiskeyTango
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
You deserve more than that o wise one....lol

IR, how many have you had go colorful on ya? And do you know what the attribute that caused the buds to form differently on the purp/grape pheno? Almost foxtail, but with the indy compactness...very beautiful...Is it from the G13 haze,maybe?
good vibes

the image reaper
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
there's no Haze in my NCDG ... G-13, Cinderella 99, and Northern Lights genetics ... yours, is the only instance of 'purpled' NorCal Daddy's Girl, I have heard of, so far ... I would suggest, any purpling was a temperature-range situation, but we'll see ... I know our mutual friend will be growing your 'purple seeds' soon, then we'll know more ... we'll see what happens ... thanks again for the props, my friend :smokin:

WhiskeyTango
02-19-2009, 12:29 AM
sorry for the haze reference, need to get my shit right if Im going to say something about someone elses gear!...really wish I had some more pics of her growing. The structure was different as well. Im sure it had a lot to do with temps, I was letting em get 66ish at night....
good vibes

seattlesmoke247
02-19-2009, 09:35 AM
IR,

Do you think this strain would be appropriate outdoor in Washington State?

--SS

the image reaper
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
IR,

Do you think this strain would be appropriate outdoor in Washington State?

--SS

NCDG has not yet been grown to harvest, outdoors ... still a mystery how she'll do ... I had a couple 'seeders' growing outdoors, in a somewhat shady area ... was doing excellent, but then got destroyed in the wildfires ... :smokin:

LolaGal
02-19-2009, 04:54 PM
If I get any NCDG seeds, I will be putting them outside for the summer, so hopefully.....we will see how they react to the backwoods treatment! Can't wait to try some out. Let the experiments begin!

Beware 19 year old males in the area.....Cougar on the loose with NCDG..haha

d4twamp
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll let ya all know how NCDG does outdoor in say Oct. 09....Hopefully.... some locations that were planned out, now are a no-go....So I'll see what happens...

seattlesmoke247
02-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the fires IR. Once I get some of these beans I might give it a shot myself.

whodii
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey, IR. .could you talk abotu the G13 that you used to make this cross? I don't know too much about the G13 other then it's mainly indica i beleive.

Is it generally a large or avg yielder?

antman2
02-24-2009, 03:37 AM
IR ,

Here's a pic of the plants as they look after a week in bigger buckets.Two waterings with 1/2 strength shultzes 10-15-10 . Yellowing still on lower leaves and a bit of leaf tip burn on upper leaves.But plants are growing and outgrowing my space. So I want to switch to 12/12 tomorrow. I only have 10 inches of space left to my screen.

PS there's a 3rd plant that must fit into that space too.

d4twamp
02-24-2009, 02:09 PM
IR ,

Here's a pic of the plants as they look after a week in bigger buckets.Two waterings with 1/2 strength shultzes 10-15-10 . Yellowing still on lower leaves and a bit of leaf tip burn on upper leaves.But plants are growing and outgrowing my space. So I want to switch to 12/12 tomorrow. I only have 10 inches of space left to my screen.

PS there's a 3rd plant that must fit into that space too.

Antman, is that a mirror in your grow space, if it is you should cover it w/ something more reflective....Did you know that mirrors don't reflect as much light as they absorb...So any light that was thought to be reflected off the mirror is actually lost, and wasted...Covering a mirror w/ Panda film(black & white poly), or something else reflective would give you the better efficiency from your light source...

And the yellowing leaves you've got sounds like a N def. So maybe up the strength of your nutes to 3/4 on the next nute watering...Are you watering w/ nutes every time or feeding every other watering... I have not grown out Reaper's girl yet, but I remember hearing that the DG is a light feeder, so I'd feed every other watering on her myself but that's jus' my $.02

later, D:smokebong:

antman2
02-24-2009, 02:27 PM
D4,

No that's not a mirror but mylar.
Like I said before have some upper leaves with leaf tip burn .So that seems to say too much nutes. Lower leaves seem to have a deficiiency of N. I'm just going to use plain water now. The new soil mix in the larger buckets should feed the plants.
I have only used shultzes about 4 times at half strength in the whole life of the plants. I did use some worm castings tea once.

the image reaper
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
antman, your plant looks excellent :thumbsup: ... lower leaves almost always yellow, they are the oldest leaves on the plant, don't get nearly as much light, and the plant has been taking nutrients from them, it's whole life ... you are correct, you do NOT need stronger nutes, the tip burn indicates plenty of nitrogen ... continue what you're doing, you have a healthy plant there ... I sit here every day, and watch growers poison their plants with too much fertilizer ... then, when they see a problem develop, they throw more additives at it, worsening the situation ... I always try to maintain just the 'slightest' bit of tip-burn ... with my NCDG, a rule-of-thumb is, 1/2 dose, once weekly ... you are doing very well, keep at it :thumbsup:

Shovelhandle
02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I gotta have some of them NCDG beans, Bub!
I'm just soaking 10 BB, 10 Mazar and 5 SSH. But I'd fit in some of this shit if I got some beans.

Thanks,

Shovelhandle :stoned:

antman2
02-28-2009, 05:35 PM
IR ,

Been about 4 days of 12/12 and I think I see some preflower but they look male - all 3 plants !!!
Tell me it ain't so. If it is - how smokable are the males if kept to maturity ? Talk about a bummer.

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I can't tell from those photos, what ya got, sorry ... as far as smoking males, I don't, although some folks claim to (next to nothing, THC-wise) ... see if you can give us a good close-up photo, and we'll go from there ...

antman2
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
IR,

Have a look at these.About as close as I think the camera will shoot.

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
hmmm, well, the second photo 'looks' male, not sure about the first pic ... if you do have a female there, you need to think about cloning, only way you'll come out ahead, now ... I sure hope the best for you ... keep us posted, antman :smokin:

antman2
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
IR,

I checked some pics off the net and the female pistils do grow out of a small ball. I hope that first one is female as its the biggest plant and would give me some kind of yield. Though it might be early for the other two. Only went 12/12 on the 24th .
How warm should the closet be ? Its on an outside wall and I'm lucky to 70 F .

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I think this will help a lot of folks

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-growing/168393-100-germination-every-time-easy.html#post1967495

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
IR,

I checked some pics off the net and the female pistils do grow out of a small ball. I hope that first one is female as its the biggest plant and would give me some kind of yield. Though it might be early for the other two. Only went 12/12 on the 24th .
How warm should the closet be ? Its on an outside wall and I'm lucky to 70 F .

one thing to note, the females tend to stick their hairs 'up', while the males tend to drop their sacs 'down' ... cannabis will survive temperature extremes, but it thrives best around 70-75 degrees ... hotter or colder, it survives, but growth slows to a crawl ... just like humans, if we're comfortable, the plant will be too ...

WhiskeyTango
02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Didnt see them in the de pot anymore. Are they still available IR? I would love to get more....lol. Gotta C99 dominant Moon Shadow I would like to bring together. MS Is Chemo x C99.
good vibes

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Didnt see them in the de pot anymore. Are they still available IR? I would love to get more....lol. Gotta C99 dominant Moon Shadow I would like to bring together. MS Is Chemo x C99.
good vibes

due to the wildfire, my two 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' seedplants were destroyed, just a couple weeks before harvest :( ... I, of course, have my own small stash of NCDG, for further breeding ... a friend, has also kept a stash of them, but they were a gift to him, I wouldn't ask for them back ... needless to say, all my efforts this summer, will be to replenish NCDG, more backcrossing, and a couple hybrids I have in mind ... I am a real believer in 'Hybrid Vigor', and 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' will always be my #1 Girl in my 'NorCal Bud Brothel' *

* 'NorCal Bud Brothel' copyright2007 by IR Seeds :S2:

WhiskeyTango
02-28-2009, 10:16 PM
My MS is joey weeds too...wonder if its the same C99 mom...IR email me...
good vibes

the image reaper
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
My MS is joey weeds too...wonder if its the same C99 mom...IR email me...
good vibes

judging by Joey Weed's quality, and reputation for maintaining strains, I would strongly suspect the same Mother, as well ... I recently noticed, Hemp Depot posted new pics of Joey Weed's 'Northern Lights' results, AMAZING stuff :thumbsup:

LolaGal
03-02-2009, 06:03 PM
NCDG beans on the way!

Now we shall see how they do Outdoors! Tune in October for the show!

WhiskeyTango
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
judging by Joey Weed's quality, and reputation for maintaining strains, I would strongly suspect the same Mother, as well ... I recently noticed, Hemp Depot posted new pics of Joey Weed's 'Northern Lights' results, AMAZING stuff :thumbsup:

GREAT!! I got what I feel is a great C99 dom male Id like you to see of the Joey MS Image( take a pic tomorrow for ya). Its the intended male to cross into the BX I did on the purple pheno with the stinky ass NCDG dad I had. I have been neglecting the hell outta this MS dad to see resilience, and he is not disappointing! STILL in a tiny ass bit o soil, topped, stuck in the farthest corner of the room...keeps right on chooglin
good vibes

the image reaper
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I've never smoked ''Chemo', (part of your 'Moon Shadow'), but it sounds like an interesting cross for 'NCDG' ... one thing about 'NCDG', she doesn't have any 'bottom', and 'Chemo' should contribute to that :thumbsup:

WhiskeyTango
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I've never smoked ''Chemo', (part of your 'Moon Shadow'), but it sounds like an interesting cross for 'NCDG' ... one thing about 'NCDG', she doesn't have any 'bottom', and 'Chemo' should contribute to that :thumbsup:

hahaha....EXACTLY my thoughts! stinky had only good to say about the chemo cut Im sure joey used...I figured it was the perfect mate for NCDG....at least in my current stable. Didnt wanna just chuck pollen at everything...VERY anxious to see how these 6 NCDG x Church seedlings are gonna turn out as well! Wanted one with NCDG as the male, and one as the female. I love this plant IR...she is gonna be in my stable for a LOOONG time!!.....respect given again man...good gear!
good vibes

antman2
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks like all three of my plants are males. Big waste of time and money it seems.

the image reaper
03-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Looks like all three of my plants are males. Big waste of time and money it seems.

I am very, very sorry for your bad luck ... we've all been there ... don't give up, despite their sex, they all looked healthy, and well-cared for ... :(

antman2
03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
IR,
Its more the expectation of some super crop than the loss of the money got me down . What about Thai Lights from dr atomic ? HD has those for sale too .

LolaGal
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM
NCDG hitting the dirt in about 10 minutes! I feel like a kid in a candy store..Good planting day today ya'll!

the image reaper
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
IR,
Its more the expectation of some super crop than the loss of the money got me down . What about Thai Lights from dr atomic ? HD has those for sale too .

a friend of mine, 'Custom39', grew the Dr. Atomic 'Thai Lights' a few years ago ... I don't remember why, but he wasn't thrilled ... seems like it was a long-flowering, light-yielder, but I can't say for sure ... we were both impressed with a couple Joey Weed strains ... Joey's out of most of his big-name gear, right now ... he offers his 'mixed-bag of strains for $45, and still has his AK-47 x Northern Lights in stock (I've heard good things about that one, too - $57)

Marijuana Cannabis seeds at Hemp Depot Shipped Worldwide (http://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/joeyweed/NLxAK47.htm) ...

I won't have any more NCDG seeds available until this Fall's harvest, but I'll keep you in mind, stick around, antman ;)

the image reaper
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
NCDG hitting the dirt in about 10 minutes! I feel like a kid in a candy store..Good planting day today ya'll!

good growing :thumbsup: ... keep in mind, those aren't the original NCDG you have there, but should be excellent, regardless (maybe even better, compliments of Hybrid Vigor !) ... :smokin:

antman2
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
IR,

What to you recommend that's available on the market now that would have the same up high as your ncdg ?

LolaGal
03-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks IR, I don't look gift horses in the mouth...lol

What were these beans crossed with, do you know? Or are they just beans from 2 NCDG parents? Thanks.

the image reaper
03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I believe they were 2 NCDG parents, so you should still have super product, maybe just some variation ... variation also gives you some Moms to choose from :thumbsup:

Mississippi Steve
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
IR,

What to you recommend that's available on the market now that would have the same up high as your ncdg ?

The only thing I have that even comes close is when I mix a bit of Arjans Ultra Haze #1 and a bit of Afghani-Hindu Kush in the grinder and put some of that in the waterpipe, but NCDG is a special high all by itself and very hard to duplicate, and the NCDG is a whole lot stronger.

WhiskeyTango
03-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Thanks IR, I don't look gift horses in the mouth...lol

What were these beans crossed with, do you know? Or are they just beans from 2 NCDG parents? Thanks.

I got a 10 pack o these beans from a very caring and wonderful person! Out of these 10, I got 100% germ, and 4 males. Only kept one, he was throwing balls left and right super fast, and stunk to hell. All within 4 weeks from seed! So he became my happy daddys dad!...heh
Outta the 6 ladies, 2 stood out. They were all pretty uniform, with the exception of these 2. The 2 I seeded were a "normal" version, the one I thought best represented the strain from grows and info I have seen on this strain, and my opinions and selections as a breeder. The other was the amazing purple one. not just for color, but the bud structure was completely different, and teh smell was intoxicating candied/grape smell that transitioned VERY well to taste. Im no IR.....but they should be VERY nice plants Lola.:grenthumb: I can only HOPE to have done the strain and IR proud. I just germed 15 of my purple ones, and ALL of em popped outta the rooters.
good vibes

the image reaper
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
thanks, WT :thumbsup: ... sounds like you did very well, I knew you found a 'special' male in there, wasn't 100% sure about the female pick ... that clears it up ... also, I appreciate you mentioning the germination rates, I feel terrible about antman2's luck ... saddens me if someone has bad luck with her ... :(

WhiskeyTango
03-06-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks, WT :thumbsup: ... sounds like you did very well, I knew you found a 'special' male in there, wasn't 100% sure about the female pick ... that clears it up ... also, I appreciate you mentioning the germination rates, I feel terrible about antman2's luck ... saddens me if someone has bad luck with her ... :(

I had 100% with the originals AND my bx. I havent had an NCDG dud yet! Should have some great ganj there lola!
good vibes

antman2
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
IR,

A local seed shop here in town has a G13xbuddha cross where I can get 5 seeds for $50 cdn . Say it has almost 0 odor and that's a plus for me. I can buy the seeds in person and save shipping time. Got a 9 week flowering time so maybe I can get a crop by mid summer.

the image reaper
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
IR,

A local seed shop here in town has a G13xbuddha cross where I can get 5 seeds for $50 cdn . Say it has almost 0 odor and that's a plus for me. I can buy the seeds in person and save shipping time. Got a 9 week flowering time so maybe I can get a crop by mid summer.

well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do ... hate to see people pay $10 a seed, tho ... what concerns me, is a guy telling you a G-13 cross is going to be low-odor ... sumthin smells, already :D ... good luck with your next grow, antman2, you're due for some better luck :thumbsup:

antman2
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
IR,

Well with tax,shipping ,money order fee your seeds from HD come to about $7 /seed and that's cheap. Most places don't sell in 5 seed packages. All I need is 2 females really .

the image reaper
03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
true enough ... regardless, best of luck to you, and we're here to help, regardless what you grow (well, maybe not, if you do ruderalis, I can't hack that garbage :D) ... good growing ! :thumbsup:

WhiskeyTango
03-07-2009, 03:21 AM
What was your germination method antman? I have planted over 30 of these NCDG beans and not had ONE dud...Just wondering.
good vibes

antman2
03-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I used the wet towel method. Most sprouted in a day. But they got some root rot and didn't survuve much past breaking surface. The few that didn't sprout I put in soil and they survived but have turned male. Maybe bad luck .
Going to pick up these G13XBuddha seeds. Will give them an overnight soak and then plant in promix. Then they get 24hr flo lights.

Mississippi Steve
03-07-2009, 05:08 AM
I used the wet towel method. Most sprouted in a day. But they got some root rot and didn't survuve much past breaking surface. The few that didn't sprout I put in soil and they survived but have turned male. Maybe bad luck .
Going to pick up these G13XBuddha seeds. Will give them an overnight soak and then plant in promix. Then they get 24hr flo lights.

not bad luck.... just not starting right.... Do not pre-soak or any of that stuff. Keep it simple... put them in soil about 3/8 of an inch deep and water. the plants should show themselves in 3 - 4 days

the image reaper
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
agreed ... the whole idea of 'pre-soaking' seeds, and the 'papertowel method' are just bad gardening practices ... I know, it's 'standard procedure' these days, but it accounts for most seedling problems (the cool dampness is a breeding ground for Pythium Wilt, etc.) ... I always say "imitate nature", and nature doesn't pre-soak, or even use paper towels :D ... here is a GREAT guide from Mike, of Mandala Seeds, to read, regarding germination, and why, and how, seeds open ...

good luck, good growing !

WhiskeyTango
03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
agreed ... the whole idea of 'pre-soaking' seeds, and the 'papertowel method' are just bad gardening practices ... I know, it's 'standard procedure' these days, but it accounts for most seedling problems (the cool dampness is a breeding ground for Pythium Wilt, etc.) ... I always say "imitate nature", and nature doesn't pre-soak, or even use paper towels :D ... here is a GREAT guide from Mike, of Mandala Seeds, to read, regarding germination, and why, and how, seeds open ...

good luck, good growing !

Great link IR!!!
good vibes

antman2
03-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Picked up 5 of the buddhaxG13 seeds today. Nice clean transaction. No taxes was nice too .
Will use the straight into soil germination advised here.
Here's the web address of the seed company if anyone is interested -they do ship Toronto420 Seed Bank - Top Quality Seeds At Affordable Prices (http://www.happygirl.ca/tsb_Indica_Sativa_Seeds_Catalogue.htm)

PS Just wanted to note that I don't bear any ill will towards HD or IR about my ncdg crap out. If I'm going to lose some money ,I'd rather it go to the breeding and seed guys out there providing a great service to all of us.

the image reaper
03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
my best wishes are with you, antman2 ... as I said, 'hopefully' will have another NCDG seedplant at the end of this season, if so, you'll get another shot at my girl ... good luck :thumbsup:

antman2
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks IR .

Hacked down the 3 males today. Will dry them out and give em a smoke. Seem to have quite a bit of aroma.

WhiskeyTango
03-10-2009, 12:51 AM
11 NCDGbx germed, 11 sprouted. Into the plugs 10 days ago. Now on second set of leaves. :rasta:F1 vigor, here we go!
good vibes

LolaGal
03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
3 out of 6 of my second generation NCDG beans popping so far. I'm sure the rest will be along soon. I just do the soil and water thing myself. No sense soaking etc. in my opinion either...

antman2
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
All my G13xBuddha seeds have broken surface. After about 4 days. So far so good. Will put them under flos today.

WhiskeyTango
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
All my G13xBuddha seeds have broken surface. After about 4 days. So far so good. Will put them under flos today.

Thats a great strain, seems your having good luck so far, but maybe you should start your own thread for us to come check out. This one is in reference to NCDG. Dont take offense dude, just a suggestion.
Glad to hear Lola! Hope she does ya well!

good vibes

antman2
03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Can't say I'm feelin any 'good vibes' from your 'suggestion'. How about I just keep posting the odd report here ,as it seems to be bringing me some good luck.
But thanks for the interest.

WhiskeyTango
03-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Thought that was a simple and polite way of letting you know what thread-jacking is. The title of this thread has nothing to do with your growing of other strains. Respect the mans thread is all Im saying. But since its not my thread, and you clearly cant take any type of constructive criticism, Ill leave it alone.
good vibes

whether you "feel" them or not.

the image reaper
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
it's cool, antman2 ... but, now that ya had good results with the 'non-paper towel' germinations, it would also be nice to check out your 'G-13xBuddha' grow in a complete log, too :thumbsup: ... that sounds like a nice hybrid, interested in knowing how it comes out :jointsmile:

antman2
04-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Oh boy lots of traffic on this thread without me jacking it eh?
But for the interested I only got one friggin female out of the 5 G13xbuddha's . But at least I got the one. These plants must not like my little grow space ,because I'm really losing on the female odds.
Plants look similar to the daddy's girl I tried before.

the image reaper
04-20-2009, 04:13 AM
good luck with her :) ... if she looks like a keeper, she can provide you with clones, then you'll have a full garden ... it can still work out for ya :thumbsup:

headshake
04-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Oh boy lots of traffic on this thread without me jacking it eh?
But for the interested I only got one friggin female out of the 5 G13xbuddha's . But at least I got the one. These plants must not like my little grow space ,because I'm really losing on the female odds.
Plants look similar to the daddy's girl I tried before.

maybe your luck would have been different had you started a grow log of your own. sounds like your beans decided to off themselves because they wanted to come back as NCDG!

i bet the lone female hermies! anyone taking?

-shake

antman2
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Headshake,

Thanks for all the good vibes. Guess you're showing what this site is all about.
I am watching one node where a pod is not producing a wisp.
BTW best of luck with all your grows .....Not !!!

the image reaper
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
ahhhh, don't let it eat at ya, antman ... after all, it's MY thread, and I'm not complaining ... you're BOTH welcome here :D:thumbsup:

antman2
04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
IR,

Who are all these guys - friends or people who owe ya money ? Its all NCDG or nothing. Can't beleive they're all thread nazis -wanting to keep things pure.
Onr thing seems true - the males were putting out the smell it . This female isn't fragrant ( yet anyway) .

KillerBudG
04-22-2009, 01:48 AM
IR,

Who are all these guys - friends or people who owe ya money ? Its all NCDG or nothing. Can't beleive they're all thread nazis -wanting to keep things pure.
Onr thing seems true - the males were putting out the smell it . This female isn't fragrant ( yet anyway) .

Lmao....Lame:thumbsup::jointsmile:

~one~:rastasmoke:
~BudG~:rastasmoke::rastasmoke:

antman2
04-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Some pics of my plant at just over 2 weeks flowering.No signs of being a hermie. Good bud development in the last week. Under 2500 lumens /sqft with a 50/50 mix of soft and cool white flo tubes. Have just used a 1/2 dose of Wilson Pow-R Caps at 9-44-14 . Another 7 weeks to go per seed bank specs. Not a lot of smell yet either.

the image reaper
05-01-2009, 01:41 AM
nice, healthy looking plants, antman :thumbsup: ... are those the G13 x Buddha you mentioned earlier ?

antman2
05-01-2009, 03:16 AM
IR,

Yes this is the G13xbuddha.Only female I got from 5 plants ( and 5 seeds ) . Plant is about 18 inches tall. Looks very similar to your ncdg's . Maybe its the G13 in both.
Hard to estimate yield but it could be pretty good. PLants went 12/12 on Apr 11 .

the image reaper
05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
IR,

Yes this is the G13xbuddha.Only female I got from 5 plants ( and 5 seeds ) . Plant is about 18 inches tall. Looks very similar to your ncdg's . Maybe its the G13 in both.
Hard to estimate yield but it could be pretty good. PLants went 12/12 on Apr 11 .

I gave you some good Rep., check it out :thumbsup:

antman2
05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
'some good Rep. ' ??

the image reaper
05-02-2009, 02:53 PM
'some good Rep. ' ??

if you go to your 'User CP', at the top of the page, it accesses your basic info, and also any 'Reputation' points & messages, but I see you have yours 'disabled' ... this is also where you can modify your profile, settings, options, etc... I think you still have to accumulate 50 posts, before you can give Reputation (but, I 'think' you can still receive it) :smokin:

Dutch Pimp
05-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't have any plant pictures...:(
but, did I show you the LAST picture of my ex-wife?

the image reaper
05-02-2009, 03:27 PM

DP, I love that pic, you really caught 'the moment' :thumbsup: ... reminds me of an old cartoon, where a deerhunter is taking a dump, his rifle is 10 feet away, and a '30-point buck' is standing in front of him :D ...

antman2
05-02-2009, 03:33 PM
IR,

Do you have an available email address ?

fluid69
05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
LMAO! that's so funny, yet so wrong.

the image reaper
05-02-2009, 04:13 PM
IR,

Do you have an available email address ?

yup, it's in your reputation msgs. ... :smokin:

antman2
05-15-2009, 06:08 PM
IR,

More general question. About half the hairs on the upper buds are going brown. At only about 5 weeks flowering. Supposed to be a 9 week flowerer. Is this common ?

Balkey
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
"Hairs" can be lots of colors. The norm is off white to start off, then turn brown as the plant matures, BUT this isn't always the case. You can have a plant that has white pistols for its entire life cycle.

So the answer is yes, this is common. Just an FYI, even if the hairs are white when you harvest, MOST of the time, if not always they will turn brown or whatever while hanging/drying/curing. I'm not IR, but I speak the truth.

The color of the pistols doesn't always follow the rules of, well as the plant matures they will turn brown gradually. So, you have nothing to worry about, trichomes determine harvest time. :stoned:

the image reaper
05-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Balkey is correct ... basically, pay no attention to the color of the pistils, in regard to determining maturity ... too many factors can influence the color ... one thing to know, is when the female pistils get pollinated, they quickly shrivel and turn brown, also ... judge your plant's maturity by the color of it's trichomes, and you'll be spot-on every time :smokin:

antman2
05-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks guys . I don't think the plant has been pollinated.
About 4 weeks left to go .

phatsesh101
05-22-2009, 01:41 AM
just to add to ir statement they also turn from stressors of sorts like high temps or to clos to the light etc.

btw wheres the beans i moved up here from socal to smoke some ncdg and have yet to find if in clubs or any where

the image reaper
05-22-2009, 04:35 AM
I have a small amount of my original 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' seeds saved, and this season's plan, is to produce more seeds, and finish a couple projects I started, with her, and her boyfriend, Sour Jack :D ... there are a few folks around, that are crossing her with their faves, so some of those are circulating, too :thumbsup: ... recently, I saw some flower pics of a 'NorCal Daddys Girl' x 'the Church', looked awesome :stoned: ... my NCDG is starting to be passed around, shared, and I like that :thumbsup:

veggii
05-22-2009, 04:39 AM

rofl! thz man :thumbsup:

fluid69
05-22-2009, 04:54 AM
I have a small amount of my original 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' seeds saved, and this season's plan, is to produce more seeds, and finish a couple projects I started, with her, and her boyfriend, Sour Jack :D ... there are a few folks around, that are crossing her with their faves, so some of those are circulating, too :thumbsup: ... recently, I saw some flower pics of a 'NorCal Daddys Girl' x 'the Church', looked awesome :stoned: ... my NCDG is starting to be passed around, shared, and I like that :thumbsup:
I'd be proud too. that's the dream, having your own famous strain.

the image reaper
05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
yup, she definitely makes me feel happy and proud, :thumbsup: , but I'm the first to admit, she was just a freak streak of luck, I hit the jackpot, for once :D

headshake
05-22-2009, 06:33 AM
sometimes that's the best way ir. almost as if it were meant to be!

i hope to one day have a strain or two that's well respected and revered.

and then i wanna cross some of those bad bitches with NCDG!

-shake

WhiskeyTango
05-28-2009, 03:14 AM
yup, she definitely makes me feel happy and proud, :thumbsup: , but I'm the first to admit, she was just a freak streak of luck, I hit the jackpot, for once :D

awww...quit being humble IR!! You deserve every bit of respect and admiration for that strain brotha! I put her right up against some of the best for sure...:greenthumb: BTW, she is now being tested by a few growers Outside!!! Will keep ya posted.

Said NCDG x Church...week old pic, taking new ones tomorrow!

the image reaper
05-28-2009, 04:42 AM
beauties, WT :thumbsup: ... nice & frosty, looks like a great combination :D ... I've been anxious for awhile, to see how she does outdoors ... I had two outdoor females, that I grew in a shaded area ... they thrived with only a couple hours of direct sun, good stealth strain, you can plant her next to bushes, etc. ... but lost them to fire, before they were finished, so dunno how they yielded ... it's a pretty safe bet, the outdoor girls will need support ... :jointsmile:

WhiskeyTango
05-29-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks IR! Means a lot form you. Cant wait to smoke her...lol. Will let the others know about outdoor support...thats a good thing!
Few new NCDG x Church if ya dont mind!:D:pimp:
good vibes

the image reaper
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
OH, Hell Yeah !! :thumbsup: ... outstanding, WT :thumbsup:

jessejames12345
05-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey WhiskeyTango man what kind of camera are you taking those great pics with , Ive seen your other threads as well and have to comend you on your image quality ! AND, of course , BUD quality ;)

LolaGal
05-30-2009, 01:50 PM
My outdoor NCDG is doing great. She's in a nice shady spot with a nice brush fence around her. She is not very big yet, but there's plenty of time for that.

the image reaper
05-30-2009, 02:45 PM
My outdoor NCDG is doing great. She's in a nice shady spot with a nice brush fence around her. She is not very big yet, but there's plenty of time for that.

that's great to hear :thumbsup: ... good luck with her, be sure to keep us updated ! ... as she gets used to the sun, you could probably increase her exposure, after she hardens up ... you'll be able to see if she wants more, or not :thumbsup:

WhiskeyTango
06-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Here is a few NCDG x Church I chopped today.

Also some NCDG that I am on my second gen bxing.

Hope you dont mind the hijack IR!

good vibes

phatsesh101
06-03-2009, 02:28 AM
looks delicious

whodii
06-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Well I vegged out some ak99, nl x ak47, and NCDG for bout 2 1/2 months. I got 7 females in flower. I had 3 NCDG seeds but i got them mixed up so I don't even know if one was female or not.

THe plants look similar cause they are all hybrids so it's hard to tell what is what. I'm on day 2 of flower.

whodii
06-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Hey, IR.

Could you tell us about the G-13 you used for NCDG?

the image reaper
06-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey, IR.

Could you tell us about the G-13 you used for NCDG?

the male P1, was a Motarebel Killa Queen (cinderella99 x G13) ... been so long since I talked with mota, forget who's G13 he used ... unfortunately, I think mota 'went away', he was in legal trouble , last we talked :( ... very good man, it's a shame :(

WhiskeyTango
06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
So parentage is actually Killer Queen x Joey Weeds NL/C99?
good vibes

whodii
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
awsome. I'll try to get some pics soon and maybe you all can help me identify the NCDG

thanks

the image reaper
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
yup, Motarebel's 'Killa Queen 2006' male x Joey Weed's 'NL99' female (pineapple phenotype) ... my 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' is likely to be a lifelong, 'labor of love' for me ... I ain't letting this one get away :D

the image reaper
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
awsome. I'll try to get some pics soon and maybe you all can help me identify the NCDG

thanks

try to get me good pics of the leaves, and also, the branching structure (side view of entire plant) ... but, with that C99 and Northern Lights, also in your other hybrids, it ain't gonna be much more than an 'educated guess' :jointsmile:

WhiskeyTango
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Skimming through the sites, I see Mota is active as hell on thcfarmer. hmmm...Has a few new strains even. If its the same Motarebel. A ECSD x Mango Haze....mmmm
good vibes

the image reaper
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Skimming through the sites, I see Mota is active as hell on thcfarmer. hmmm...Has a few new strains even. If its the same Motarebel. A ECSD x Mango Haze....mmmm
good vibes

YES :thumbsup: ,,, far out, I'm glad to see he's still out and about ! ... THATS GREAT ! ... last I chatted with him, things were looking bleak, prob been a year, or two, now ...
when you mentioned the ECSD, I remembered he was busy with multiple-bx of SD, too ... thanks for finding that, WT, I never heard of that website ... :thumbsup:

whodii
06-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Soon it'll be time to see how well you know your 'girl' IR!!!!!!

I figured i could remember what was what, so I didn't label the seeds, but that was clealry a bad mistake.

Least it'll be fun guessing which one(s) are NCDG is :thumbsup:

I had 8 seedlings total. 3 NCDG, 2 AK99, 3 NL/AK. 2 of those 8 ended up male. 5 are confirmed female, and 1 is most likely female but not 100 % positive, and I have another female that's mixed in there from a nl/ak clone lol! I can't even tell which one is the clone now! It was new.

So i have 6 from seed and 1 from clone in flower. Maybe i'll figure out which oen the clone is once i get in there to take pics and get a good look.

This wont happen again but at least you'll get to see some fine genetics from joey weed and IR :jointsmile:

I'll upload the pics within the next couple of days.. stay tuned

whodii
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
YES :thumbsup: ,,, far out, I'm glad to see he's still out and about ! ... THATS GREAT ! ... last I chatted with him, things were looking bleak, prob been a year, or two, now ...
when you mentioned the ECSD, I remembered he was busy with multiple-bx of SD, too ... thanks for finding that, WT, I never heard of that website ... :thumbsup:

SPeaking of sour diesel, I have some alpha diesel from rezervoir seeds (ecsd x sour diesel) that I have yet to grow out. I also have some williams wonder from reservoir seeds that supposed to be a huge yielder. I then have ak99, nl/ak from Joey weed

Which of these do you think would cross well with your NCDG?

whodii
06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
also im stoked that is killa queen. heard so many great things about it. That with nl/99 and no wonder i heard such great things on NCDG. All the plants of mine have been growing great in coco coir with 650 ppm. Water once daily.

I've got a few seeds saved but do you plan to release more in the winter to hemp depot? I love those guys.

the image reaper
06-04-2009, 12:27 AM
I just read a Motarebel post from March '09, that he would be bringing 'Killa Queen' back 'soon' ... maybe getting close to fruition ... ? ... I have a 'Sour Jack' that matches up with NCDG just great, and it was derived, at least partially, with some heavily backcrossed Diesels, so I'd be tempted to try that, with my 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' (plus, they share some Jack Herer, between them) ... I like crossing two strains, that have a bit of similarity in their backgrounds, ... and then, just rely on 'hybrid vigor' to save my ass :jointsmile:

WhiskeyTango
06-04-2009, 04:38 AM
I got into Motas gear cause of you and stinky IR...glad I could help! That site (farmer)is run by Swerve and Raskal I believe...of the OG Kush fame...lots o heat between them and ICMag though...i dont get into that shit though...lol

Hey...I was lucky to be offered to test n play with a bunch of Karma genetics. Among those was a Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze(SSH x Sour Diesel) x Jack Herer. As well as Amnesia Haze x Jack Herer. Running Kali Most (98Kali Mist x 98 kali mist/new kali mist)too...hmmm...

p.s...NCDG crosses damn well with The Church!...lol

good vibes

the image reaper
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
yup, WT, I agree, 'NorCal Daddys Girl' and 'the Church' make a beautiful couple ... makes Daddy proud, to see his lil girl going to Church :D ... :thumbsup:

phatsesh101
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
hey IR is NCDG A F1 hybrid or did you take her all the way to F3 (f1 inbred) for true breeding

I ask this cause im thinking of crossing her with this great strain that i have but it is a little indica dominant, kinda leafy, AND LACKING THE NEEDED VIGOR oops caps lock but on accident but at the righ ttime

socialistpete
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
You guys are making me jealous with all the NCDG talk!!! Reap you should do a breeding log to teach others the proper ways of breeding. I'm messing around with some stuff right now, but reading the technical data that's available on plant breeding can be confusing at times. The strain I'm messing with right now I call "Super Mutt". Its father was an Afghani Hash plant, the mother was NLxSkunk. I have about a 240 S1 seeds to work with from the Super Mutt and a handful of seeds that were back crossed with the mother. I also still have some seeds from the original cross. The hybrid vigor of the cross is amazing! It is covered in trichomes, smells and tastes great the high is a 7/10. The bad things are that it retained the stretching from the afghani and the yield is not that great if the plant is not trained. Lolipopping in an sog aero set up makes the yield better per plant than its mother. but straight growing a bush of it doesn't.

headshake
06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
breeding thread! breeding thread! breeding thread!

-shake

LolaGal
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Outdoor Daughter of NorCal Daddy's Girl parents (Daddy's GrandDaughter) is alive and well.

She is growing like a weed...... Likes her shady spot in the edge of the woods....

the image reaper
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
hell, I wouldn't know how to do a 'breeding log', I ain't no breeder :D ... I'm just a 'pollen-slinger', that got real lucky :thumbsup: ... proof positive that Hybrid Vigor is the real deal :thumbsup:

the image reaper
06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Outdoor Daughter of NorCal Daddy's Girl parents (Daddy's GrandDaughter) is alive and well.

She is growing like a weed...... Likes her shady spot in the edge of the woods....

that's great, post up a pic for us, when the time is right ... good growing :thumbsup:

WhiskeyTango
06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
IR....there are some NCDG in the fundraiser section of seedbay. Trying to keep the desire for the strain up for ya!!! People are going nuts ready for these to be back in the seedbanks! Its a charity auction, nobody is making money off it. Just wanted to post so if anyone want to get ahold of some of Image Reapers gorgeous lady, there are some out there.
:jointsmile:This joint of 3 week cured NCDG joint is for your IR! She smells just like the descriptions I have read on Killer Queen! Pineapple, grapefruit and mangos, all in one! Makes my tongue tingle...very very yuuuuummy!

good vibes to all

the image reaper
06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
thanks for the heads-up, WT :thumbsup: ... those beans are yours, to do with, as you please, ya know :D ... it's all about sharing, anyway ... and, thank you for mentioning their origins, very courteous of you ... (technically, Motarebel labeled his C99/G13 hybrid - 'Killa Queen', to differentiate his version, from the typical 'Killer Queen') ... :smokin:

WhiskeyTango
06-13-2009, 09:51 PM
thanks for the heads-up, WT :thumbsup: ... those beans are yours, to do with, as you please, ya know :D ... it's all about sharing, anyway ... and, thank you for mentioning their origins, very courteous of you ... (technically, Motarebel labeled his C99/G13 hybrid - 'Killa Queen', to differentiate his version, from the typical 'Killer Queen') ... :smokin:

Ah...so its not Vic Highs Killer Queen, but Motas Killa Queen...same genetics though. I MAY with your blessings be marketing a cross of NCDG, but it wont be an F1...lol. I would LOVE to see NCDG and Killer Chem (Rez) Motas Killa Queen x Chemdog...mmmm.
Hope to see more of your beans hitting the banks brother! Mine are only donated to the fundraiser, and freebies.
Good vibes

whodii
06-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Ok sorry for the delay folks.. been busy.

Out of 8 plants, 1 is for sure an nl/ak clone.. and there are 2 that stand out from all the other 8. 1 of them has a more wider leaf structure and 1 has a really thin leaf structure.

Couldn't get too many shots at the moment but did my best:

pic 1) One of the two that stand out the most in the garden. Seems to be more indica. THe fatest leaves of all the plants. I think it might be NCDG

pic 2) The 2nd of the two that stand out the most. I beleive it is ak99. Lot of sativa in it.

pic 3) same plant as pic 2, jsut a different shot

pic 4) the rest of the plants look similar to this one

antman2
06-16-2009, 01:42 AM
For those of you who still remember , my G13xBudha was partially harvested today. Many of the main leaves were going yellow and dying. I tried some worm castings tea and ferts but didn't help .Got some nice buds from the upper 2/3's of the plant. Some trichomes on the top cola were going brown so I though time to clip though the plant is a few days short of its 9 week flowering period.
Enough buds to cover a dinner plate so far. Good skunky stink off them anyway.
I did clip off a bud some weeks ago and fast dried it. Seemed to have a clean , clear head buzz. Smoked it on my birthday while on a fishing trip .
Any drying /curing tips ?

the image reaper
06-16-2009, 03:56 PM
totally normal for yellowing leaves during flowering, don't try to correct it with nitrogen ferts (worms castings, for example) during flowering ... dry well enough, to prevent mold from forming, (plain paper bag works well for drying) ... place the dried buds into glass jars ... open the lid for a few minutes, 2-3 times a day (gases form, from chlorophyll breaking down, which need to escape) ... do that for a month, or so ... I try to cure 2 months, but only when I have a good stash on hand ... good growing, antman ... :D

whodii
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Can you guys check my post #178?

thanks

the image reaper
06-16-2009, 08:03 PM
the last photo, resembles NCDG the most (I think) ... I can't say for sure, because the photos are too close up ... I'd like to see it from a couple feet away, to see the branching, but even then, it's a guess ... #1 pic, 'maybe' the skunkier 'viagra' pheno of NCDG, but again, dont know from pics ... my best pick would be #4, but let this be a lesson to ya - LABEL ! :D ... good luck ... :smokin:

antman2
06-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Just rolled a 1/3 joint and smoked it . Super head buzz. But looking back I don't think it was worth it. Started out trying to germ a dozen of my own old seeds, Then grew out 4 males out of 10 seeds of NCDG . Finally hit a local seed shop and picked up 10 G13/Budha. Almost got screwed there too , but I did get a lone female. Trying to regenerate it for another crop or clones.

Taste was grassy as it was only cut off Monday .

whodii
06-22-2009, 08:47 AM
UPDATE: plants are 2-3 weeks into flower

pic 1 ) fat leaved plant - (yellowing is from light real close and lil wind burn cuz i got a fan blowing underneath my 1k light. Perfectly normal for vert and she's healthy.

pics 2 and 3 are both the same plants

pics 4-5 are both the same plants

*** THese are the plants I think are either ak99 or NCDG

whodii
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM
I believe these are nl x ak... they yield so good. like 2 plants into 1. This is 1 plant but I have 2 in the garden liek this with 2 branches in 1

whodii
06-22-2009, 09:21 AM
couldn't edit my post but these are some smaller pics so you can see better:

the image reaper
06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
sideways pics now :D ... I have no idea, you got nice pot plants there, that's as specific as I can be ...

the image reaper
06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
looking at them, I could say they resemble my NCDG, however, having never seen a AK47 x NL, my opinion wouldn't mean anything ... both our plants resemble the branching of the Northern Lights heritage, but anything past that, is strictly guesswork, on my part ... the good news: I bet next time, you'll remember the labels :D ... good luck, and forgive me, if I'm short today, its just pain issues, no big deal ... :smokin:

whodii
06-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I really think the one you said originally is NCDG, IR. THe plant structure resembles it a lot, imo. THe last 2 pics is the one im referring to. HOwever I have no clue where the fat leaf plant is from. I don't beleive that is nl x ak and i highly doubt its ak99, so i think thats a certain pheno of NCDG as well.

Thanks a lot and yes i promise to label next time. I'm not used to working with several dif strains until recently.

the image reaper
06-23-2009, 01:54 AM
doubtful, 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' is pretty well stabilized ... seems to only be the two phenotypes, the 'citrus-flower aroma' pheno, and the skunkier 'viagra' pheno (seeds were shared with several growers, of differing styles, to show me what she had, and what to expect ... I wasn't disappointed) ... there are no wide-leaved varieties, in her ancestry, to my knowledge ... your aforementioned AK47 strain, can carry a heavy indica influence, for sure ... I'd be looking more to that one, as a source ... but, who knows ? ... I'm currently germinating 28 of my original NCDG seed stash, they're at least 3 years old, now ... a friend kept them sealed, and stored, all this time ... as of this morning, (about 20 hours after dropping the DRY seeds into rapidrooters), most are already starting to pop ... we'll see what develops :thumbsup:

whodii
06-23-2009, 08:25 PM
thanks IR.

I coulda swore antman had a indica pheno but turns out it was g13 x buddah.. HA

ANd i beleive i saw mississippi steve have an indica pheno of NCDG but maybe that was another plant in his thread.

I always udnerstood it to be more sativish or a nice hybrid from most of the NCDG pics i've seen. THere's one plant that looks a lot like NCDG but the buds don't have a strong smell when i smell them. I have 3 that semll a lot like grapefruits or some kind of sweet fruit ... im assuming they are AK99 because the nl/ak doesn't smell too much. Only thing is, I only had 2 ak99 seeds.

I'm a little confused but i'll keep updating

WhiskeyTango
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
NCDG will slap you in the face with her scent. Should be no mistaking her...lol. I ran 90 plants in 3 gals last time, 9 strains, could ONLY smell the NCDG:D
Saw the NCDG 2 packs on seedbay fundraiser went for over $100! Sounds like they are ready for ya IR!! respect
good vibes

antman2
06-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Ok this is strange. Looking through the buds off the lower partof the plant and found about 10 seeds. This plant didn't look like a hermie that fertilized itself ? Only other males in the closet were IR's ncdg and some g13xbudha males. Could some of the pollen survived and pollinated a few buds ? I'm going to check the buds from the upper half of the plant.

whodii
06-25-2009, 11:02 PM
at least i have 4 NCDG seeds left that I will label and try to make f2's of.

Which way is best to make f2's? let all males pollenate all females, or select a certain male to pollenate just 1 female?

If i decide to just collect pollen and spread it on the pistils with a q-tip, what days in flower should i spread the pollen on the pistils?

the image reaper
06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
:) ... well, another 'germination test' of my original 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' went well, :thumbsup: ... I had almost forgotten, around 3 years ago, I gave a couple film cans of seeds, packed in rice, to a buddy, to give to his greenhouse manager, son ... the son 'changed careers' (think he was fired ;)), and it was forgotten ... fortunately, my buddy remembered to keep them stored in the refrigerator ... I know they're around 3 years old, or more, but lost all records in the fire ... of 28 DRY seeds started, all but one germinated, and of those, 4 were 'turned around' in the rapidrooters, and weren't likely to be good ones ... I gave some away, and saved a dozen seedlings, for my current project ... the 'bubbler' was left overnite, in a barn, and was literally COVERED in insects the next morning :wtf: ... did I ever mention how my luck is, regarding outdoor attempts ? :( ... (I used white vinegar, to bring pH down, and I suspect it attracted the bugs) ... finding a hydroponic store in a midwest farm community, is like finding lips on a chicken ... gonna have to mail-order everything ... anyway, I think they are gonna make it, the next couple days will tell ... I also added a new 'test' to the plan ... today, I placed some DRY seeds, into pre-moistened potting soil, and placed in the sun ... let's find out if Mother Nature knows as much, as we think we do !:D ...

back to the point: we're talking about a 5-day period here, and they're already transplanted into soil cups :thumbsup ... refrigerated around 3 years, well-water pH too high (7.7) , used white vinegar, attacked by insects, temps here in the 90s, and humidity off the charts :( ... AND, my NCDG babies are alive and smiling at the sun :) ... reminds me of the wise, old pot-grower, that said " it's a WEED, leave it the hell alone ! " :D ...

headshake
06-26-2009, 06:21 PM
sounds like those are some tough little ladies you've created dr.!

-shake

the image reaper
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
a second germination test: I placed 18 DRY seeds, into cups, filled with moistened, well-drained, Miracle-Gro 'Organic' potting soil (all I could find locally here) with perlite added ... 12 NorCal Daddy's Girl seeds (3 yrs old), and 6 Sour Jack seeds, (2 yrs. old) ... placed the cups in the yard, and ignored them ... after the 3rd day, I have 15, of those 18, well sprouted ... it's 'easy' ... as I've always recommended, 'imitate nature' ... throw the wet papertowels away !, they're a breeding ground for Pythium Wilt, and harmful bacteria ... once used as an aid (?) to test-germinate old, questionable seeds, somehow it has become thought of, as the world-standard of seedstarting ... not so ... good growing !

Dutch Pimp
07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
in my last germination test ...I had 100% germination sucess

I put 15-20 seeds between my cheek and gum for 12 hours and then spit them into the soil....:rastabanna:...100%...not counting the ones I swallowed

McDanger
07-02-2009, 04:54 PM
:) ... well, another 'germination test' of my original 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' went well, :thumbsup: ... I had almost forgotten, around 3 years ago, I gave a couple film cans of seeds, packed in rice, to a buddy, to give to his greenhouse manager, son ... the son 'changed careers' (think he was fired ;)), and it was forgotten ... fortunately, my buddy remembered to keep them stored in the refrigerator ... I know they're around 3 years old, or more, but lost all records in the fire ... of 28 DRY seeds started, all but one germinated, and of those, 4 were 'turned around' in the rapidrooters, and weren't likely to be good ones ... I gave some away, and saved a dozen seedlings, for my current project ... the 'bubbler' was left overnite, in a barn, and was literally COVERED in insects the next morning :wtf: ... did I ever mention how my luck is, regarding outdoor attempts ? :( ... (I used white vinegar, to bring pH down, and I suspect it attracted the bugs) ... finding a hydroponic store in a midwest farm community, is like finding lips on a chicken ... gonna have to mail-order everything ... anyway, I think they are gonna make it, the next couple days will tell ... I also added a new 'test' to the plan ... today, I placed some DRY seeds, into pre-moistened potting soil, and placed in the sun ... let's find out if Mother Nature knows as much, as we think we do !:D ...

back to the point: we're talking about a 5-day period here, and they're already transplanted into soil cups :thumbsup ... refrigerated around 3 years, well-water pH too high (7.7) , used white vinegar, attacked by insects, temps here in the 90s, and humidity off the charts :( ... AND, my NCDG babies are alive and smiling at the sun :) ... reminds me of the wise, old pot-grower, that said " it's a WEED, leave it the hell alone ! " :D ...

IR, are you now officially a midwest grower now?:D We're glad to have ya:pimp:
Is this going to be a seed batch that will be up for sale in the future?:thumbsup:

MendoBill
07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm 4 weeks into 12/12 with NCDG, first time I've tried this strain. Indoor/dirt 1000w. Using Fox farm dirt and full fert. schedule. Any tips on finishing?

the image reaper
07-05-2009, 04:53 PM
McDanger, IF the deer don't destroy my upcoming seedplants, etc. (or, hurricanes, earthquakes, sea lions, eclipses, etc :wtf:), then, the original 'NorCal Daddy's Girl' seeds should be available in the Fall, I have my fingers crossed (I have terrible luck outdoors, I'm strictly an 'indoor guy' :D) ...

Mendo Bill, welcome, I was alerted to your appearance, by my friend, WT, :jointsmile: ... she's pretty easy to grow, I like the Fox Farms nute schedule just fine, and, she also likes a tablespoon of un-sulfured, blackstrap molasses, per gallon, throughout flowering ... my only recommendation, would be to watch the trichomes, for maturity ... I harvest when about 10-15% of the trichomes turn amber, you should see that happening, around 50-55 days, after switching to the 12/12 light schedule ... give her a good curing, and I'm sure you'll be quite pleased :stoned: ... the 'citrus-flower aroma' pheno, is the real NCDG 'keeper', while the 'skunk-reeking' pheno, is the one I refer to as 'Viagra' (yeah, it does :D) ... both very potent, very enjoyable, and excellent for treating depression ... you won't fall asleep on the couch, with either ... in fact, you'll probably find yourself, puttering around the house and yard, looking for things to do, while not being paranoid :D ... the really gifted growers, (like xcrispi, :thumbsup:), need to provide support for her branches, due to the weight of the buds, as pictured ... enjoy ! :thumbsup:

the image reaper
07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
in my last germination test ...I had 100% germination sucess

I put 15-20 seeds between my cheek and gum for 12 hours and then spit them into the soil....:rastabanna:...100%...not counting the ones I swallowed

when your belly starts swelling, it should be about time to harvest :thumbsup:

the image reaper
07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
although started simply as dry seeds, directly into soil cups, all is well ... no need to make this stuff complicated :D ... :jointsmile:

phatsesh101
07-07-2009, 05:43 PM
thats the only way, prfect moisture not to wet or dry, the way nature intended it. and usually near 100% for me.

looking good

MendoBill
07-08-2009, 12:40 AM
NCDG is a great strain. I was fortunate to get a nice couple O'Buds and beans of the citrus pheno from my brother. WOW! I was up and about trying to remember why I was up and about and it has LEGS, so it took me awhile. Very good weed! The 2 girls in my grow room are citrus pheno. I took my first stab at making clones and got three survivors with nice roots that I just transplanted outside for now. I have pictures that I will try and post in the next day or two. Thanks again for your seed efforts. Bill

the image reaper
07-11-2009, 09:29 PM
here's my latest crop, these are after 6 days, under my 1000-watt HPS ... the lamp yellows out the pic, but the leaves are actually a gorgeous olive green, quite healthy ... pretty much left untouched, they grow by themselves :thumbsup: ... the less input from the grower, the better they tend to do :D

WhiskeyTango
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Lookin good IR!!!!! Cant wait for those beans to hit the market!
good vibes

Rock.Steady
07-13-2009, 03:16 AM
ok, been a while, feels like decades, i dont even know where ive been all this time, but....:wtf:

IR, THANK YOU, YOU ARE A BOTANICAL-GENIUS!

WT, THANK YOU FOR THE GENEROUS GIFT!

without further dillydallying around,,,
NCDG (the WT bean-batch),
Starting week 7 after 8wks veg.
on the full foxfarms liquid and soluables program.
soil is a mix of MG, cut with plain topsoil n perlite n old used of the same combo.
the temps in the room been a lil warm (80s) so the grow has been a lil slow.
most of my girls, regardless of strain go around 10-11 wks, these look like they might be about the same.

the taller one in the back is about 3 ft, the other has 3 strong tops and is about 28 in tall. I tried tipping both in veg, but the one resisted and went tall, the other split in 3.

these are the citrus variety and the MOST AMAZING REMARKABLY POTENT GRAPEFRUITY AROMA I HAVE EVER SMELLED!!!
IT MAKES ME GIGGLE JUST GETTIN A LIL ON MY FINGERS AND SMELLING IT!!!

sorry for the caps, but I am THAT excited about this.:D:D:D
I have 4 more seedlings that are in the next round.:D

I really cannot get over the amazing aroma from these girls.
I am super-anxious to blaze her up:jointsmile:

those other plants in the backround are WBxPP (just fyi)

Mississippi Steve
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I was gonna post a pic of my current grow but it won't take it... keeps telling me "Upload has failed" :mad:

the image reaper
07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
but, it was more a matter of 'luck', than genius :D ... a 'blessing', in fact :) ... my very first NorCal Daddy's Girl to be sparked up, was of the 'citrus-flower' pheno, which earned her name ... I still remember my first toke :D ... I sat there, grinning like an idiot, (not unusual for me, anyway), thinking over, and over, "this is IT, this is what I've been looking for, this is IT !" ... she IS a wonderful plant, no doubt about it :thumbsup: ... her other pheno, has a typical skunk-aroma, with Viagra-like effects :wtf: ... no kidding ! ... be assured, I, and some other old geezers, are currently trying HARD, to isolate that tendency ! :D ...

Rock.Steady
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Well IR, if you call it a blessing and pure luck, then I will will call it one of the luckiest-blessed events that I have the honor of knowing about 1st/2nd hand and able to partake within this blessing!:D I might even call it a modern miracle!:D

oh, and i would never be so bold as to refer to myself as one of those "gifted" growers you mentioned a couple posts up, BUT, I will state for record that the triple headed NCDG has had pipecleaners criss-crossing, and holding those tops upright.
A couple weeks ago the weight of the tops (compared to the thickness of the branches) started making all the main stalks bend outward. Left unchecked, they woulda already been headed to the floor in 3 different directions.
There is a secondary tall stalk that came up from a lower node. I am using this one as the criss-cross to the 3rd main stalk.
think compass---
N,S,W, all tops,
N tied to S.
E is a secondary stalk that went tall, that is tied to W.
The whole mass was leaning a lil, so another 1 is a tie-off to the wall

does that make sense, or should i just take another pic?

wow, i got wordy there, see what happens when I run out of stash and I'm waiting for hangin nugz to dry???:wtf:

the image reaper
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM
:D I hear ya, she is generous, indeed :jointsmile: ... xcrispi's main complaint was that her stems were too slender to hold the weight :D ... he tied his up with bamboo stakes, I believe ... mine just leaned against the cabinet walls :D ... I highly recommend lots of circulating air, keep her moving, throughout the grow ... :smokin:

whodii
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
see IR, look at rock steady's 3rd pic there. Those leaves are wide, just like on mine. THat's why i was saying it seems mroe indica. She indeed smells very very good, very sweet smell.. cant tell exactly what but its way sweet and the best smelling in the garden.

My stems seem to be very strong...

WhiskeyTango
07-14-2009, 12:51 AM
damn ROCK!:greenthumb:
IF thise where the "green" pehno, that what I called the citrus pheno. If they were the "purp" pheno, thats the more VIagra skunky one IR is talkin about....I have been hunting her HARD!...lol. Ran over 200 NCDG since last nov...lmao.
Can you tell I am an Image Reapers NCDG addict too!

The citrus pheno I enjoy even better than pure C99. The scent is out of this world! Get that Viagra pheno......oh THEN you will see my man..lmao
IR, truly a damn fine strain! The most pleasurable strain I have worked with. Enjoy her way more than my OGs and other over rated sours....clone onlys usually dont hold IMHO to a damn fine cross/strain from bean!

Anyhoo....just wanted to chime in on the IR genius...!!!:rasta::smokin:

good vibes

Rock.Steady
07-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Thanks a ton for the rep I.R:D
I owe it all to Weedhounds patience training me and your awesome strain

It took 2 yrs, I am now "a name known to all"

it makes me smile, giggle a lil too:D

the image reaper
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
see IR, look at rock steady's 3rd pic there. Those leaves are wide, just like on mine. THat's why i was saying it seems mroe indica. She indeed smells very very good, very sweet smell.. cant tell exactly what but its way sweet and the best smelling in the garden.

My stems seem to be very strong...

yes, I see the leaves you mean, but you and I have differing ideas of what 'wide' leaves are :D ... visually, I see a 50/50 hybrid (approximately, of course) with those leaves, definitely not indica-dominant ... straight indicas usually have extremely wide leaves ... regardless, I'm glad you are having good results, that's all that matters ... :thumbsup:

phatsesh101
07-14-2009, 04:50 PM
sativa leaning hybrid if you ask me

whodii
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree, defintely a hybrid. I was just thinking it would have slim skinny leaves so I was trying to say that it had more wider leaves so I assumed it had mroe indica. But, indeed hybrid vigor at its best here. THey should be a breeze to trim as well. Can't wait to try it.

Mississippi Steve
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
yes, I see the leaves you mean, but you and I have differing ideas of what 'wide' leaves are :D ... visually, I see a 50/50 hybrid (approximately, of course) with those leaves, definitely not indica-dominant ... straight indicas usually have extremely wide leaves ... regardless, I'm glad you are having good results, that's all that matters ... :thumbsup:

It finally let me upload a pic.....the one in the back on the right is Nor Cal Daddys Girl...note the smaller narrow leaves... sativa dominant, the other 2 are Toxic Blue.... large wide leaves....indica dominant. In the pic they are about 2 weeks after transplant into 5 gallon buckets. They will be put into flower around the first of August.

whodii
07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
cool pic steve :jointsmile:

the image reaper
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
the photo also displays another trait of the 'NorCal Daddy's Girl', the profuse multi-branching ... and, whoodi, you're right about the ease of manicuring, snip a few sun leaves, you're done :D ... good post, MS :thumbsup:

the image reaper
07-16-2009, 07:13 PM
same 2 groups of seedlings, (smaller ones are 5 days younger, than the larger ones) ... 18 NorCal Daddy's Girl, and 6 Sour Jack :thumbsup: ... had my second brand-new timer go bad, in last two days :wtf: the ultra-heavy duty, steel-cased timers, too :wtf: ... having to manually control lamp, till we get it ironed out, so that's a drag ... not much interesting, I just got bored, snapped a pic :D ... hell, it's my thread, I'll even toss in a pic of my new puppy, Sybil :) ... Sybil was born on Father's Day, and is mixed breed: Great Pyrenees, Black Labrador, and, possibly wolf hybrid ... only thing for sure, she's cute as hell, and, has silver tips in her coat, looks kinda 'grizzlybear', too (granddaughter said she looks like a baby gorilla) :jointsmile:

the image reaper
07-18-2009, 06:02 PM
the NCDG babies are outgrowing their cribs quickly, so, here on Day 13, I started transplanting into #5 pots (roughly 3 gal.) ... ran out of soil and perlite, gotta make another trip to the store :wtf: ... see how good marijuana growing, is, for the economy ? ... :thumbsup: ... :jointsmile:

whodii
07-18-2009, 08:15 PM
cool dog there, IR.

Those girls are coming along... sour jack should be interesting too :jointsmile:

the image reaper
07-18-2009, 10:12 PM
yup, the Sour Jack is some pretty nice herb :thumbsup: ... I made a batch of F2 seeds from it, and held onto them, mostly for breeding & stabilizing purposes, someday ... when the forest fire cleaned me out, it was a hybrid project with my NorCal Daddys Girl, with the seedplants about 2 weeks from harvest :( ... sucked, and set me back a couple years ... Treetops has repeated my 'Sour Girl' project, and claims it to be a great combination ... pic is of a Sour Jack, I was using for my project ... this is of day 38, in flower ... anyway, it's a work in progress, for me :smokin:

the image reaper
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
... and repotting is finished, for awhile ... this is the boring part, and I won't even be here, to see them flower :wtf: ... after sexing, and separating, I'll be headed back to the west coast, the 'long way around' :D ... I'm hoping the gas prices don't spike on me, I do enjoy the driving ... I'm having cataract surgery, in a couple weeks, will be great to see again, too :thumbsup:

Treetops
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Pic of my NCDGXSourJack=Sour Girl...Long live the NorCalDaddy'sGirl genetics...best smoke ever.....Thanks Reaper!!!

the image reaper
07-21-2009, 07:38 PM
hey, Tree ! :thumbsup: ... how the heck are ya ? ... too long between sightings :D stick around, we got the place to ourselves :jointsmile:

Shovelhandle
07-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Howdy, IR. Bon voyage and best of luck with the eye procedure, Bub!

Oh, and best wishes for your little green orfsprings too.

Treetops
07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
hey, Tree ! :thumbsup: ... how the heck are ya ? ... too long between sightings :D stick around, we got the place to ourselves :jointsmile:

Hey Reaper,
I've been better...;)...I like the looks of the new kids...I've started a new batch myself..by far best lookin kids to date...Lovin life..
Keep us posted...
Peace,

Dutch Pimp
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
hey!...y'all aren't growing.."old people weed'"...are you?...:jointsmile:

Treetops
07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
hey!...y'all aren't growing.."old people weed'"...are you?...:jointsmile:

Too bad we didnt have this years ago..hahahahaha..Better jump on the "old people weed bandwagon" .....

Peace,
TT

the image reaper
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Dutch Pimp may be 'too old' to JUMP on our geezer bandwagon, but somebody is sure to give him a boost up :D ... " you're only as old, as the girls ya cuddle ! " ... :S2:

phatsesh101
07-23-2009, 08:09 PM
then hopefully ill never be over 35

Mississippi Steve
07-23-2009, 09:08 PM
then hopefully ill never be over 35

Gee.... thats too bad, because life doesn't really start until your over 40 :thumbsup:

the image reaper
07-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Gee.... thats too bad, because life doesn't really start until your over 40 :thumbsup:

that's right :thumbsup:, but, it starts to taper off fast, after 50 ! :S2:

Mississippi Steve
07-24-2009, 01:17 AM
that's right :thumbsup:, but, it starts to taper off fast, after 50 ! :S2:

I must be a late bloomer.... I will be 54 in a couple of months, and life is still rockin!!:thumbsup:

phatsesh101
07-24-2009, 05:02 AM
I was 54 once and she was great, best i ever had

WhiskeyTango
07-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I got Mosca Seeds C99bx1......which is brother grimm C99 x Wallys C99....how do you think she will backcross back into a pure C99 IR?
Also, my NCDGF3-4 male is gonna be hittings some Apollo11 here in a few days...its supposedly the Genius pheno too!!!....
Like TT said....I wanna cross this damn fine strain with everything!!!!!.....lol

Keep up the good work IR! The masses are patiently waiting for the next NCDG release! Hope its there in your trays:greenthumb:

good vibes

whodii
07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I PRESENT TO YOU, at 56 days, MY..... NCDG!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE SMELLS SOO SWEET

MendoBill
07-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Looking fat and juicy whodii, very nice! My ncdg are @ 49 days.

Rock.Steady
07-27-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm pushing my 2 NCDG's into week 9.
(they didnt actually start flowering for a week at the begining, so, week 8-9)
I think the warm temps have slowed em and lowered yield, but I'm not complaining.
the cola on the taller one is bending, and some of the end buds are leaning over, twisting the stems from the weight.:D

Water only this week, and the 'take down' saturday.

one of my new sprouts is a male. i quarranteened him and am gonna try to harvest pollen. This strain looks remarkable and I'd love to try to keep it as long as I can. If I can harvest pollen and dust one of the new girls, i'll be in NCDG-bean heaven:pimp:

I'll get ya'll some pix tomorow

Rock.

the image reaper
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I PRESENT TO YOU, at 56 days, MY..... NCDG!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE SMELLS SOO SWEET

I can almost smell them, from those pics ... very well-grown plants :thumbsup:

Rock.Steady
07-28-2009, 12:32 AM
as promised.
approx day,,,,,,60? (8-9wks in)
my NCDG, from the WT (F2?) batch.

1st, group shot, (bright adjusted) they r the 2, center. (middle n rear. shorter infront of taller)
2nd, closer shot of short one, with taller 1 behind her
3rd, tall bending cola, notice the 2 nugs, 1 node lower, leaning over, twisting the stems
4th, closeup of bending cola, still doesnt show how much its bending, LOL
last, closeup of 1 cola on shorter plant.

I'm dam excited to be takin er down this weekend.:cool:

Rock.Steady
07-28-2009, 01:25 AM
hey Reaper, hope ya won't mind a lil NCDG budporn.
i got a lil click-happy with some closeups.
the lighting went dark on one and i think it just looks cool.
its amazing the leaves are still so green, I really cant wait for them, the buds are so juicy i worry ill hurt em by leavin longer.

they are so fruity, its unbelievable, great strain.

got some more closeups ,,,,if ya wanna see em, lemme kno.:cool:

WhiskeyTango
07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I got Mosca Seeds C99bx1......which is brother grimm C99 x Wallys C99....how do you think she will backcross back into a pure C99 IR?
Also, my NCDGF3-4 male is gonna be hittings some Apollo11 here in a few days...its supposedly the Genius pheno too!!!....
Like TT said....I wanna cross this damn fine strain with everything!!!!!.....lol

Keep up the good work IR! The masses are patiently waiting for the next NCDG release! Hope its there in your seedlings!:greenthumb:

good vibes

Sorry to bug you kind sir...but do you think she would go better with C99, or Apollo 11 Genius pheno?

Lookin HELLA sexy there Rock!
good vibes

WhiskeyTango
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Quick pic of the IXing I have been doing to attempt isolating phenos...this is my 4th IXinghere is the one I call Id10t...this version has a bit more body to it....and the horniness...lol

good vibes

whodii
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
lookin nice guys!

I can't wait to collect some pollen from alpha diesel and crossing with my ncdg. That'll be my future project :rastasmoke:

the image reaper
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
here's a couple pics, the 26th day of vegging ... yeah, I can't pass up a chance to show off my legs :S2:

Treetops
08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Reaper,
Lookin good...What they under?..Light wise? ..
Keep us posted...
Thanks,