PDA

View Full Version : WAS JUST WONDERING........

URfinest60oz
12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
what height would you switch your plants to 12/12?

and how much do they grow when switched to flowering?

please give me useful tips and no spam!

:rastasmoke::pimp::rasta:

Rusty Trichome
12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Given the info you provided...it depends.

It depends on what strain and what influnces they express. (sativa or indica dominant, or self-flowering)
It depends on your usable vertical growspace.
It depends on what lights you use.
it depends on if you FIM or top the ladies, and whether or not you tie them back.

As a general rule of thumb, under a 400w HPS, I expect my indica doms to double their size from first introduction to 12/12, sativas generally triple. I have no idea with self-flowering varieties, as I've never grown one.

Keep in mind the total space needed if your vertical space is restricted. You have to factor-in the pot height, (12" approx for a 3 gallon pot) the space required for lights to hang from ceiling, (another 12" approx) and the buffer-space between the plants and the lights. (12 to 18") The remaining space should fit the finished product. If you only have 6 feet vertically to begin with, that leaves space for a 2 1/2 to 3 foot plant, approx.

the image reaper
12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I switch to flowering cycle, when the plants start to alternate their nodes, indicating their maturity, but, I would switch earlier, if there just wasn't going to be sufficient room ... as said earlier, she can double-to-triple her height while flowering ... good growing :jointsmile:

URfinest60oz
12-12-2008, 03:09 PM
thank you for the positive feedback!

the strain i am growin is 3 jack herer and one indica strain i think its blueberry but not too sure!

i estimate my vertical grow space to be a maxium of 10ft!

i have been using a 600 wat hps from the start and to the finish !

based on the information u have provided i think i am going to set them to flower during next week, this being my first ever grow, hoping for a pretty nice crop as there very bushy already got 9 leafs and are about 1ft - 1.5ft in height!