PDA

View Full Version : no medical records do i still have a chance?? im legit

420Dank
12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
first of all i want to make it clear that my purpose isnt just to get stoned.
ive been smoking cannabis for about 3 or 4 years now ive found that it HELPS ME A LOT with my anxiety, Facial Ticks and insomnia.

i never went to the doctor bcs i never thought it was important.
so i dont have anything about it on my records.
now i really cant sleep for sh**!
and i am extremely tired and grumpy during the day.
and the more tired i am the more irritated i get and i start with my facial ticks!

i think its time for me to go legal.
i am going to be going to medicann in san francisco to try to get my card but i havent gotten an evaluation for an of this.

is it true that i can just make an appointment and the doctor can evaluate me there and decide to recommend me or not without any previous history?

Weedhound
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
It's worth trying I suppose but my husband uses it for insomnia and he had to go to a normal doctor, tell him about his insomnia and be prescribed a driug (ambien) then had to take those medical records to our cannabis doc. But before we had those "independent" records they would not give him a letter of recommendation.

420Dank
12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
oh ic.
did u guys go to medicann?
bcs it seems like they are more in for the money than anything else reely

west coast style
12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I personally wouldn't go through MediCann, because they won't back you up if you are ever in a legal situation concerning your meds. And for that very simple fact, they're in it for the money, IMO.

Honestly, I'd rather go through the MMJ-friendly doctors that you can find on the CANORML website.

theforthdrive
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Madicann gave me my recom. with the promise of having my doc. fax some in. which I did. maybe you can go to Medicann and then a PCP.

When I went I kinda looked at the doc like she was crazy when she asked for records. I politely inquired if she was a board certified physician and she responded with that she was but they were "legit here". I dont understand this. Why cant a board certified doc make that decision, they need someone else to feel confident in their decision. Makes the MMJ still have a bit of illegitimacy about it. My GF has scoliosis, does a MMJ doc really need records to run their fingers down someones back and figure this out? Strange days indeed! I wont be using Madicann in the future!

415plus5
12-14-2008, 10:58 PM
i did not have any records either for the same reasons as you. i went to a place down here in los angeles and they gave me a three month recommendation and said i can upgrade it to a full year if i get a doctor recommendation within those three months and bring it to them. maybe they will do the same for you?

415plus5
12-15-2008, 04:19 AM
by doctor recommendation i mean a doctor from kaiser or wherever that fills out one of those prescription papers for other drugs