PDA

View Full Version : residence requirement

tsx001
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I am relocating to CA in two stages.
My first trip will be to establish my ID card for MMJ, rent a residential hotel suite, set up services like cable, telephone, etc.
My second trip will be the actual move - a very big step as I will be selling my house in NJ prior to making the move. That is why I am doing it in 2 stages - to be sure that everything goes smoothly before selling my house.
This is my question: Is it an absolute requirement with all recommending doctors that I have a CA drivers license or a state id card to get a MMJ recommendation? It takes 4 to 6 weeks to get these cards from the CA DMV and that puts a big hardship on my first trip.
Do all clinics have the same requirements to proove residency or are some more strict than others? My medical records are flawless and well-documented.

ANy help on the residency proof question, please?:hippy:

GoddessHerb
12-10-2008, 01:10 AM
As far as I am aware most if not all clinics require a state issued ID. That being said, your old state license and the printout you get from DMV should be sufficient as proof of residency while you're waiting for your new Cali license to arrive. But you won't have a valid local address until you rent or buy something here. You will probably not be able to get a MMJ card until you move to Cali for good, though I may be wrong on this. I don't think a hotel address will qualify but again I'm not 100% sure on this. I just moved to Cali myself (although not a MMJ patient, yet ;)) so maybe someone who's been here a lot longer can help you out better.

I hope this helps at least a little. Good luck selling your house in NJ, I have mine on the market in NY. Hope they both sell fast. :D Have a great holiday.

Blessed be~

TheLastIndian
12-10-2008, 03:43 AM
All you need is your license you have now and the prinout you get from the dmv after you pass your test. You don't even need proof of residence, but you got write down an address for your license... The doctor and the club need to see you ca dmv printout

west coast style
12-10-2008, 05:46 PM
In order to get a doctor's recommendation for MMJ, you will need a California ID/DL. The DMV says it takes about 2 weeks to get the ID in the mail, but I've gotten my ID within a week's time before.

Then to enter the dispensaries, all you need is the California ID/DL and the doctor's recommendation. The county/state ID cards are completely optional. Every club has their own guidelines. There are some clubs that require the ID card, so you should probably call ahead of time to make sure.