PDA

View Full Version : new to santa cruz

evasive
11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Hello all, I'm new to the forums, and to the area as well. I did a quick search, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I just moved from another state, and don't have my ca drivers license yet. I assume the process will take a couple weeks, but would have to find new insurance and all of that as well. So perhaps slightly longer.

I can prove that I do indeed live here(lease) and will be getting a new drivers license eventually. Assuming I qualify(I do) and have my medical records and documentation stating why medical marijuana would benefit my condition, do you guys think my Michigan drivers license would hold me back in any way?

I'm most likely over-reacting, but I don't really feel comfortable asking strangers on the street, and I certainly don't want to get ripped off in any way. Should I be?

Thanks, I'm completely in love with the area, but just don't feel like myself w/o mj.

Thanks so much, just looking for some friendly advice, that's all.

GoddessHerb
11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Hello, I just moved to the Bay Area from upstate NY myself. It is my understanding that you have to either have a CA ID (not necessarily a drivers license) or a print out from DMV as a temp license or ID. You can visit the DMV's website (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/) for more info. And for more info on getting a rec here's a link to medicann (http://www.medicannusa.com/)

I just transferred my license and it cost me $28 and I had to take a 36 question written test (which you can take up to 3 times then you have to pay again). The print out you get from DMV is your temporary license with your old state license. This should be enough to get a rec from a doctor. I don't believe you can do anything without a print out from DMV either a temp license or a non driver ID. You don't need to get your car on the road or even have a car to transfer your license. But you do need to transfer your license within 10 days of moving to CA (or you could pay a penalty or have to take a road test) and you have to transfer the reg on your car within 20 days or pay a fee from 40%-160% the license and weight fees once you do depending on whether it's within the 1st or 2nd years or something like that.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday and blessed be.

evasive
11-28-2008, 07:01 AM
:)

thanks for your help

BayAreaTrees
05-26-2009, 12:12 AM
I dont think it will be a problem at all to get a green card with ur michigan I.D. I live in santa cruz aswell welcome to the chillest city in cali.

DrMota
05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
You picked a great area!!!! No doubt, when you get your mmj card dont rush to the clubs though I believe local patients do it best in all fields quality/amount/price/compassion... compare clubs eighths: 40/50/60/70 to Local eighths: 30/40/50/...Hope you enjoy your life here.

PEACE