PDA

View Full Version : Im sad :(

Rooisme1
03-15-2005, 04:53 PM
So far I have done nothing but kill my plants. In soil and in my hydro bubbler. I have 150w hps and a floro for veg. Its in a cabinet with a fan blowing in. It seems to stay between 70 and 80 in there. I root my blueberry seeds in these small dark brown blocks The guy at the hydro store gave me. Last week I picked up one of the cubes out of my mini greenhouse. The root was 1.5 in. long and plant was 3/4 in. tall. I transferred into the bubbler....It did great for 3 days, then just keeled over. I saved it and its doing fine in soiless mix. When I took it from the bubbler the root had some kind of gel around it. I have been using foxfarm growbig, only 1/4 of reccomendation cause Blueberry doesnt like alot of nutes. The plant has no burn....ph approx. 6.2, and the light is approx 1 foot above the bubbler, which is sitting empty right now cause im afraid to kill my plants. The same thing happened last month with another plant that was not blueberry, only the light was alot closer. Any help would be appreciated. Ive been trying for 3 months now, hydro for 1 month and ill probably die before I give up. Thanx!!! :(

Garden Knowm
03-16-2005, 06:24 AM
I am sorry that sucks... Is light hitting your resivoir? Have you cleaned your system using a diluted bleach solution... roots should not have a gelatanous sack around them : (

try adding some hydrogen peroxide to your solution....

good luck

ps- light should not get into your resivoir,,, bad things CAN grow... yikes

Rooisme1
03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks ill try peroxide, is it ok for light to hit while you add nutes, or should it be never?

Zandor
03-16-2005, 06:03 PM
If you are trying to use one of those security lights 150w HPS it could be a hot spot is heating up the inside of the plant so monitor the heat at the top of your plants under the light so you know what temperature they are getting. If you are using rock wool with grow rocks try removing the rock wool it could be holding to much water and nutrients. Grow rocks and rock wool each requires different watering schedules. Some may never have trouble but the other 90% of us have had problems. It sounds like it may be root rot due to dampness around the root ball. This is just a hunch with out pictures.

Peace

FUNKYRHINO
03-17-2005, 05:11 AM
make sure u turn your pump off when adding nutes

FUNKYRHINO
03-17-2005, 05:11 AM
if u are using a pump system that is

llamaman666
03-18-2005, 03:06 AM
maybe the shock is too much? try starting it in a rockwool cube and let it just grow through the pebbles and into the solution so you dont have to ever move it.
I think this is a very real possible problem, or if you have to start not in the bubbler let it get larger