PDA

View Full Version : MJ Causes me to throw up

IIven
03-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Im really confused about this:

Every time now when I toke up I feel like I need to vomit,

The less I smoke the more I can control it.

But I smoked a couple bowls and I couldnt hold it in, I threw up like 4 times.

I smoked a few times before this and it never made me sick

But now everytime i do it I feel like im going to vomit,
I thought that THC made you not vomit? Does anyone know why this is happening or any suggestions?
If you have any questions , please ask to help clarify my situation

Encatuse
03-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Sounds like the stuff you've got might be laced. Put that stuff away, and buy from someone else. See if their stuff makes you puke too. If it does, get out the old stuff and sell them both because smoking weed isn't for you. If it doesn't, you'll know your original shit is just that, shit. If that happens, which I imagine it will, throw out the first stuff ((don't sell it..)) and don't buy from the guy again. I've heard of people spraying weed down with WD-40 sometimes to cover scent during smuggling, etc.

sawleaf
03-15-2005, 02:30 PM
When you smoked cigarettes you didn't get sick, but cannabis does? Yeah, I'd try a different strain also, if that doesn't work, try a vaporizer. Do you feel like puking because of the high or is it the smoke that is doing it to you? Do you feel dizzy at all?

Jimmicrackedcorn
03-15-2005, 07:25 PM
When I first started smoking weed about the 5th time I smoked a spliff I felt uncomfortable in the stomach like if I jolted to quick it felt as tho I was gonna puke my guts up, then after bout 10 mins of that it subsided and I was jus stoned. It kept happenin every time I smoked, turned out that I wasn't inhaling properly, I was swallowing sum of the smoke every time I inhaled without even realising, I only realised when I burped up a smoke cloud on about the 3rd/4th drag. So you mite be doin that, then again you mite not, making this story completely pointless.

Phresher than it Got
03-15-2005, 10:58 PM
reefer? is that you?

IIven
03-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Ive tried another friends weed, I still had similar feelings. Im not sure if im swallowing it by mistake. I could be, Im not really sure if im inhaling completely correctly. Do you have any suggestions for inhaling without swallowing it?

Now that I think about it, Ill burp alot when I smoke, I could be swallowing it.

Second of all, the feeling I get is like, this force is flowing from my stomach out of my mouth. And I feel all the stages before you puke, like the anxiety of it.

I burp alot and my body mistakes it for me having to throw up. Which builds up to me having to throw up.

Also I get MAJOR dry mouth and I can feel the back of my throat get all dry and course and my breathing aggravates the gag reflex in the back of my throat.

Ive smoked weed a bunch before and NEVER experienced anything like this.

I dont think Im overdoing it. Ive tried taking only 3 decent hits and I get the feelings of puking but I can control it.

When I smoked a whole joint I couldnt control it.

I really want to figure out whats wrong because its ruining my weed experiences

ride n get high
03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
when u burp does smoke come out? if so then ure eating it lol. Also if the pain goes away when u burp then that is another sign of u eating smoke.

peace

rysk8er420
03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
man u just need to take it easy. ive been smoking for a really long time ant the only time ive thrown up while smoking is once when i took a really huge bong rip. maybe youre problem is that youre inhaling too much smoke and your lungs arent used to it. If i were u i would just keep a drink handy while ur smokin and if u feel like ur gonna yak just take a drink and try not to think about it

Reefer Rogue
03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
reefer? is that you?

if you mean me, no.

Jimmicrackedcorn
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
yeh try little inhalations, do u smoothly take the smoke down? or very quickly inhale almost like a gulp? if its the latter try and jus breathe it in slow and steady, but if u smokin like that anyway my only suggestion is like the bloke before me said, hav a drink handy and take little hits.

jec444
03-17-2005, 03:28 AM
Also, make sure that you drink a LOT of water. Before, during and after. I have found from talking to people that if they are dehydrated,(a lot of times unknowingly from alcohol) when they smoke it feels almost like a psychic gut punch. I have had the problem on occasion and usually I find that drinking water steadily before and during seems to keep you feeling a bit lighter. Try not eating beforehand and some water in between hits too. Basically, just keep yourself hydrated would be my advice.
Best of Luck,
JC

IIven
03-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Ill take that all into consideration, Im getting together with some friends to blaze and Ill keep those suggestions in mind

DrGonzo
03-17-2005, 04:34 PM
sounds like it might be laced, but if you're smoking different weed then maybe not...also sounds like you're going green, do you get any dizzy feelings (the spin is rooming!) or headrush feeling, also a ringing in your ears?

trix
03-18-2005, 12:39 AM
burping out smoke is bad? I always burp out hella smoke. I take really deep hard rips too....is it bad to burp smoke?

IIven
03-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Aright some Im high right now, and the feelings are coming back,
its really aggravating, any ideas? Should I just quit? Is it not for me?
Or should I hold off and not smoke for a while?

Kid Dynamite
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
its got nothing to do with laced or shit...you just whitey. Over in uk we smoke soap bar quite often> Its easy to whiety off that shit. If its crap weed, or its too strong for you its no surprise you chuck up.

IIven
03-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Ive been whitey before and I know what its like....I think that I have a cold now or something, my nose is blocked up and I have post nasal drip...I think when I smoke it might aggravate the condition and cause me to throw up

Kid Dynamite
03-19-2005, 09:27 PM
thats probably it. My buddy has been sick recently and he had to quit for a while until it cleared up.

NowhereMan
03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Ive been whitey before and I know what its like....I think that I have a cold now or something, my nose is blocked up and I have post nasal drip...I think when I smoke it might aggravate the condition and cause me to throw up

i just wonder if your coughing/choking from a toke, when this happens ?
i ask cuase hell everybody who has smoked for any ammount of time has got choked on a toke at some piont and gagged .ya get hot and ya face swets and next thing ya know ya puking on ya shoes when ya go to stand up.
flem will do that when ya lungs cough that shit up into ya nasal passage
if ya smoke cigs especially or around folks who do,be coughing up dust and shit cuase ya lings heaving that shit out,
if i use any type of nasal deconjestant i do that. gags me everytime.

if your just taking a few hits and feeling sick at ya stomach without coughing ya head off,i suggest ya lay off a while .
get checked out just to be cool,you may have something wrong that is showing up when ya buzzed,not to scare ya or anything im just thinking about it and lets say you have high blood pressure,or are enemic or something like that could be the effects of weed while sick in some way make ya puke,buckles ya knees in a bad way make ya feel like shit
heel even i dont smoke hardly any when im sick with the flu.toke here and there cuase coughing get ya puking,
most times a jiont settles my stomach but that dont mean it will yours
peace

kronick
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
if i had to guess, you throw up cause u eat the smoke. to see if this is true...wait till you nose clears up and breath some rocket smoke through ur nose....just breath in(keep ur mouth closed) from a joint, bowl or w.e. it might be harsh going through ur nose but at least u can find out if the throwing up is from u eating the smoke or not. if thats the case, just learn how to toke properly from ur friends...it would be much easier for them to explain how to do it correctly as opposed to us explaining it. they wont laugh if u ask them for help cause u are barfing your guts out and they prolly laughed at you for that...no offence but its true.

sugarmagnolia
03-21-2005, 11:10 PM
i've thrown up a few times after smoking. Its in the brain. try burping. Usually helps a lot. just try to forget as well.

Chug350
03-24-2005, 08:26 PM
duude its just that ur a f-in ROOK

kronick
03-24-2005, 10:26 PM
that could be true...but i never ralphed when i started...and i dont know of anyone who has either...unless they smoked...A LOT! im going out to smo0ke a bowl...later

The Green Chronic
03-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Drink some fucking water, it'll keep your shit moving and you won't whitey, the vomit's always white isn't it.

kronick
03-24-2005, 11:21 PM
i dont think hes turning green...so he wouldnt puke white. i think his lungs just dont agree with the smoke and whats in the smoke. thats why he pukes. bodys reaction...not really his fault tho.

Chug350
03-25-2005, 09:49 PM
ROOOK

kronick
03-25-2005, 10:22 PM
you're a moron

IIven
03-26-2005, 06:41 AM
so I got a little high again and my friend said my face was red and puffy when I got high and I felt like I was going to vomit. This is really fuckin pissing me off.

Ive gotten fucking blazed before and never felt like this

Kid Dynamite
03-26-2005, 09:25 AM
the vomits not white. its just everywhere.

kronick
03-26-2005, 03:15 PM
so I got a little high again and my friend said my face was red and puffy when I got high and I felt like I was going to vomit. This is really fuckin pissing me off.

Ive gotten fucking blazed before and never felt like this

sounds like the weed was laced with something that u were allergic to...like drain cleaner :P jk...cuase ur friend wouda got sick too...but something in it was irritating u.

Revelation
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Im really confused about this:

Every time now when I toke up I feel like I need to vomit,

The less I smoke the more I can control it.

But I smoked a couple bowls and I couldnt hold it in, I threw up like 4 times.

I smoked a few times before this and it never made me sick

But now everytime i do it I feel like im going to vomit,
I thought that THC made you not vomit? Does anyone know why this is happening or any suggestions?
If you have any questions , please ask to help clarify my situation

Sounds like you are smoking too much at one time. Try smoking smaller amounts over longer periods. I like to take a hit then wait 5 min or so before the next. Rinse, lather, repeat. :D

This will allow your body and your mind to catch up to what the THC is doing so that you can regulate the experience more effectively. Try not to hold the smoke in too long either. 5 seconds after inhalation is long enough for your body to absorb the THC.

I also find that drinking ICE cold water before, during, and after a session helps greatly. You might also try using a vaporizer. It helps to lower the harshness, and the common side effects related to smoke.

FWIW, It does you no good to be an ego-smoker. Trying to see who can smoke more than the other is pointless. It is about YOUR high, no one elses. Now, you make not be that way, but I find it common in younger smokers, and a few meatheads, lol.

Just be aware, so that you can aviod falling into that trap. By regulating your session, you may then get much more out of the weed, both it quantity and quality.

Anyway, good luck and happy Highs. Take Care.

Revelation
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
sounds like the weed was laced with something that u were allergic to...like drain cleaner :P jk...cuase ur friend wouda got sick too...but something in it was irritating u.

That could also be the case. Be careful where you get your stash from. You just never know these days. :(

kronick
03-31-2005, 09:22 PM
ya...some ppl are bastards!