PDA

View Full Version : New to hydro. Expert opinions wanted.

NwoodE
03-12-2005, 10:57 PM
First of all, whats up everyone. This is my first post and am excited to become part of the underground community! I have been a lurker to this and other boards for 2 months soaking up info like a leech. :D

I am finishing up my first grow in soil with some good quality bag seeds. 3 females and they should produce 1-2 ozs each dried.

My next project is 5 seeds of high quality weed currently germinating. I want to produce a crop in ~ 3 months. It is absolutely necessary that I get it done around (1.5 weeks) of that time schedule.

I am looking at (in order of preference)

1)Building my own hydro system..

2) purchasing something similar to this http://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/HH00564.html

3)Growing in soil again

My specs are.. growing closet 2'x6' could possibly be moved to bigger room if necessary.

2(150 watts) HPS =300 total
3(40 watts) Fl. plant and aq. bulbs = 120 total
I am looking at 420(!) of total lighting. I would prefer not to spend more money on lighting.

Based upon the information I have given:

1.Can I complete a grow in that 3 month window? Not including harvesting.

2.What yeild could I expect with the lighting per plant.
A.-in aeroponics/hydro setup.
B.-in good soil.

I want to veg for 15-30 days and flower the rest 35-55 days.

Any opinions/advice/questions?

Thanks!

anyhandle
03-13-2005, 01:22 PM
I seen these seeds advertised (very expensive) that go into flowering after just 2 or three weeks. The airoponics system looks good but the pots would be unnecessarily close together given the amount of space you have to use. Having a tight schedule, yes you can pull it of but i wouldnt imagine your yield to be so big, really depends on the strain though. I would avoid using soil inside at all cost, hydro is so easy and simple to use. just my thoughts hope all goes well. Try not to fix your lights at the top of the cabinet, i see this done all the time and dont understand why peoplel do it. have fun.

KanMan
03-14-2005, 12:34 AM
A cheap and simple PVC pipe setup works great and is easy to maintain.
See http://www.hg420.com/showthread.php?t=238 for pictures and cost to make.

Good Kannabis Growing!

Garden Knowm
03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
NICE KAN MAN.. very nice!!

bonker7
04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
get ur self a600hps the bulbs u are useing are 4 girls.lolstay slippery