PDA

View Full Version : Self-Medicating in MD, l00king into moving to NorCal. (Where should I move?? =)

FecalFingers
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
First post here, so hello all. My name is Matthew, I am from MD, and work as a Network Admin (computer nerd) in DC. I have been smoking for about 10 years now, and will continue either here i MD or on the West Coast, where it seems like:

1. It's more accecptable socially.
2. I wouldn't have to worry about being arrested for "medicating".
3. Could purchase it at an actually biz and not have it be a "drug deal".

I am 30, single, and like I said, work in computers... Based off of that, where should I be looking into moving?? I need there to be some computer indusrty, and I would like to meet people close to my age who are into similar things (ie, smoking, and some of my other interests).

Any ideas? Thanx a million!

-Matthew

:weedpoke:

west coast style
10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
You might want to look around the Silicon Valley/San Jose area? Pretty much anywhere in the Bay Area is fine, but since you're working with computers, all the computer/technology stuff is over in that area.

Are you a MMJ patient, or do you just smoke recreationally? Marijuana is pretty much decriminalized here, but you don't really want to be smoking around in public that often. If you become a patient out here, then you can visit dispensaries where you can have access to the medical marijuana.

FecalFingers
10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, since there isn't any "real" MMJ here in MD, it's all recreational... But I will be taking advantage of the dispensaries in Cali. =)
Thanks for the reply!!

FecalFingers
10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
(and no, I don't smoke in public=)
I do however run into a LOT of people who look down upon using marijuana... It's kind of a drag when you are single and trying to meet people who are into the same things...

Storm Crow
10-18-2008, 12:54 AM
I'd skip Siskiyou county. No dispensaries (only one was busted LONG ago). LEO that will bust you, medical or not, if your 6 plants even look like they could produce 8 oz! (I grow these "cute" little LST'ed plants, just big enough to keep the hubby and me in pot. :cool:) No computer businesses to speak of. Fantastic scenery, excellent water in many areas, but not much else.

Granny :hippy:

Genocidius
10-20-2008, 02:13 AM
The Bay Area, Pretty much anywhere around here is good, I know of a few dispenseries in the area. And since SF is in the area im sure you could find some type of job in the area of computers. :D

415plus5
10-24-2008, 11:55 PM
look into farifax. its a very accepting place. its in the bay area close to san rafael, san anselmo.

icbh707
10-25-2008, 09:58 AM
sonoma county for sure. the wine country, although i think we all know what the real cash crop is. if you can afford fairfax, mill valley and such go for it but if you go up 101 about 30 min from marin to sonoma county you can grow a legal 30 plants per card. never buy bud again. housing is still pretty pricey up here too.

theforthdrive
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
welcome fingers! I made this decision about a year ago and looking back it was the best thing ive ever done for myself. I would strongly encourage you to make the move. I chose lake county because of costs but will be in sonoma by next march. Like 707 said, its 30 per card and the attitude is unimaginable. Literally the first person I met my first day here was my neighbor a recovering cancer patient that grows. and let me know quickly. I met several people in passing that were up front with how they live their life. As far as MMJ is concerned you would be hard pressed to find someplace more open than the 707. but if youre looking for work you might try the bay/silicone valley! but no matter what you decide save some fucking cash. the only problems Ive had are running out of money and finding work. good luck, see ya soon.