PDA

View Full Version : moving indoor to outdoor

anyhandle
03-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Can i clone of a plant and leave in veg, take clones and move into second chamber on 20 hours of light until 1 foot and move outside (obviously, yes) When i move them out doors will the drop from 20 hours of light to natural light cycle triiger budding? If the days of the year are getting longer will this stop the budding cycle, i understand a plant triggers to bud because of decreasing light cycle, but will the move down from 20 hours indoor to 8 hours outdoors produce buds even though the lenght of the day might be getting longer-going into summer. Can i clone an bud outside all year round, or will i be restrained by the plants natural inclination to go back into veg at the sight of days getting longer. If this can be avoided by seed selection can anybody reccomend a large yielding plant with decent stonage value. Health hapiness and harmony! anyhandle.

del...
03-12-2005, 02:47 AM
a little bit early yet for starting the outdoor garden through most of the states. i can't start here until mid-may but have started in mid-april in warmer areas. but yes, you can move them outside but get them used to something closer to what's going on there. like gradually bring the lights down to 16/8 over a couple weeks and they'll be fine. once outdoors, be sure to give plenty of shade while they adjust to the sun or they'l burn. i put mine under trees and gradually work them out into full sun over a couple weeks.

anyhandle
03-12-2005, 04:12 AM
yeah cheers, but unfortunetly i didnt state my geo location, Im an aussie and we dont have winter-at all- where i live , So this is not a concern Im interested in wheather the plant will bud with the reduction of light from indoor to outdoor even though the day may be getting longer outside. thanks mod any thoughts?

Torog
03-12-2005, 11:41 AM
yeah cheers, but unfortunetly i didnt state my geo location, Im an aussie and we dont have winter-at all- where i live , So this is not a concern Im interested in wheather the plant will bud with the reduction of light from indoor to outdoor even though the day may be getting longer outside. thanks mod any thoughts?
Howdy anyhandle,

Any light,brighter than the full moon,will keep the plants vegging..so even if it seems like there's only 8 hours of good light,the light still left before sunset,is bright enough to keep em in veg.

Have a good one !:)

anyhandle
03-12-2005, 12:06 PM
So i take it thats a negative on the plants budding all year round once being moved from an intensive lighting regime, Cheers mate. (any other experiences) What about using one of those funky strains that buds at a certain age regardless of the season, in this case how do i stop the mother plant from budding (i think thats a redundant question but i will ask it anyway)
I want to keep a constant cycle of clone, veg for a month throw outside to bud. Is thier any strains that are more likely to stay budding once the process has started. I really want to bud plants outside all year round. Is it possible. Anybody?

Torog
03-12-2005, 12:40 PM
So i take it thats a negative on the plants budding all year round once being moved from an intensive lighting regime, Cheers mate. (any other experiences) What about using one of those funky strains that buds at a certain age regardless of the season, in this case how do i stop the mother plant from budding (i think thats a redundant question but i will ask it anyway)
I want to keep a constant cycle of clone, veg for a month throw outside to bud. Is thier any strains that are more likely to stay budding once the process has started. I really want to bud plants outside all year round. Is it possible. Anybody?
Howdy anyhandle,

Well..I don't have much actual experience ,growing outdoors,my area is indoors soil,but I will be learning a whole lot more..real soon;) Don't y'all have a time of the year,when the days git short ? Something must be triggering plants grown in Oz,to flower..in regards to the 'funky strain',I reckon that you're talkin about ruderalis mj,like LowRyder and Dolce Vita ? The best feller to ask about them would be the Student or one of the others in the Lowryder threads.

As for the mother plant,are ya talking about growing one outdoors in the ground or a container,that can be moved ? I know that indoors,simply giving the mother,more than 12-14 hours of light,will keep her in veg..outdoors..I'm not sure,unless you have it in a bucket that you can move near a light,don't take much.

" Is thier any strains that are more likely to stay budding once the process has started. "

Probably..but I don't have any idea which.

Have you designated your local forum to Australia yet ? You could ask for some help there too..I just don't know enough about the climate there,in regards to vegging and flowering,to give ya much help..but I'll sure try..lol

Have a good one...:)

anyhandle
03-13-2005, 01:11 PM
We do have a winter but its not cold, so we can plant outside all year round, unfortunetly we have till wait for winter to get buds, so what i want to do is maintain a mother on 20/4 indoors, clone 5 or 6 every month and throw them outside at about a foot. now i wonder if the cycle from 20/4 to natural light of 8 will trigger budding even if the day is getting longer thus giving a year round crop. I am looking at the ruderalis because i dont think my plan will work on a normal strain, but how do i stop the mother ruderalis from budding so i can keep the clones coming without having to plant another seed. Cheers jeff

bern
04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Can i clone of a plant and leave in veg, take clones and move into second chamber on 20 hours of light until 1 foot and move outside (obviously, yes) When i move them out doors will the drop from 20 hours of light to natural light cycle triiger budding? If the days of the year are getting longer will this stop the budding cycle, i understand a plant triggers to bud because of decreasing light cycle, but will the move down from 20 hours indoor to 8 hours outdoors produce buds even though the lenght of the day might be getting longer-going into summer. Can i clone an bud outside all year round, or will i be restrained by the plants natural inclination to go back into veg at the sight of days getting longer. If this can be avoided by seed selection can anybody reccomend a large yielding plant with decent stonage value. Health hapiness and harmony! anyhandle.
i know it is possible to get 2 harvests outdoors.veg yr plants indoor for around 3 weeks at 18/6,then switch to 12/12 for 2 weeks which in turn will induce flowering,now plant outdoors (just after last frost) and allow them to flower.once flowered remove majority of buds,leave lower branches and buds which will allow them to regrow to twice there previous size

del...
04-03-2005, 08:02 AM
it's like they know when they're growing naturally...can't describe why that is but i have moved many plants from 24/0 into 18/6 then outdoors in the spring and never had them flower prematurely. never had a hermie either. the only thing i suggest watching is when moving them into the sun after being raised indoors. it should be done gradually...starting them in the shade (under a tree is good) and slowly moving them into full sunlight over a week or so...otherwise the sun may burn em.