PDA

View Full Version : chemical burn problem

smoker4life
03-11-2005, 02:07 AM
hey yall

I have a problem with chemical burn.

each time i start a plant i get to a certain point and then the leaves start to turn brown, dry out, wilt and then the whole plant dies.

I use the general hydroponics line of microgro, microbloom, microflora. The directions say to use x amount of teaspoons per gallon. It is obviously too much. How many teaspoons per gallon do i use?

if anyone else has had luck with it please let me know.

vegasgrower
03-11-2005, 03:02 AM
one per gallon depending on the fert, but it might be another problem, Ph or under or over watering,. How are you growing and what lights and space are you using?

Zandor
03-11-2005, 04:11 AM
What type of water are you using? Tap water will not work and what micro are you using? There are 2 types one for RO water and one for well water I believe.

Peace

Garden Knowm
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Good pointy about the water.. Tap water will work but only if the PPM is not to high.. If the parts per milion is over 100 before adding ferts you should consider getting something to to make your water better.. if your tap waters parts per million is 200+ and you are growing hydro, forget it will kill the plants in week 3 of veg. very sad..

the mixture ratio you want to use in aero or hydro system using GH nuts is..
3micro, 1grow, .5 bloom - druing veg period..... NOTICE BLOOM is "POINT 5"

good luck : )

SMB

Sensi Super Skunk
03-12-2005, 04:53 PM
When fertilizing cannabis, it is a good idea to start with a 1/4th strength, and slowing work your way up to what makes the plant look heathily green.

phillykid420
03-12-2005, 05:58 PM
In hydro a ppm pen is very useful along with a ph pen or litmus paper. RO filter is good depending on your area. My water sucks so no hydro for me, after 1 week I get this bacterial slime buildup in water, even in the plain water I keep bubbled. I can feel it on the sides (it's slick) and on the air lines so I just can't keep water out for very long.

www.waterfiltersonline.com I think has a ppm pen for like 35-40 bucks. or check the good ole ebay.

peace

Zandor
03-12-2005, 07:35 PM
another thing alway's start with Micro, then bloom then grow. I suggest you use RO water too.

Peace

KanMan
03-14-2005, 12:31 AM
When fertilizing cannabis, it is a good idea to start with a 1/4th strength, and slowing work your way up to what makes the plant look heathily green.

Agreed!

Good Kannabis Growing!

lordsoth666
03-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Phillykid420: that slime is algae, you would need to light-proof your reservoir. I use tap water often for my DWC, and my tap's ppm is 197, and it does not get any slime, because of the light proofing. Now I would certainly agree that RO water is better, but GH makes a Micro for hardwater, so hard water will work.

L0rdsOth

bonker7
04-07-2005, 01:39 AM
hallo dude please get ur self a ec pen ur problem will disappear.stay slippery