PDA

View Full Version : Fresno County

solidstate
10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Fresno County To Begin Issuing Medicinal Marijuana Cards (http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=8986047&nav=menu612_2_7)

Some Fresno County Residents will soon be able to use marijuana for medicinal purposes.

The County Board of Supervisors voted on Tuesday to begin issuing medicinal marijuana cards before the end of the year. After a 3-1 vote, Fresno County will now become the 41st county in the state to participate in California's Medical Marijuana Program registry.

The board of supervisors reached the decision, after several discussions, and years of research.

While marijuana use is against federal law, back in 1996 California legislatures passed the Compassionate Use Act which allows patients with a valid doctor's recommendation, and their designated primary caregivers, to possess and cultivate marijuana for personal medical use.

In 2003, the identification card law was added in hopes of protecting medical-marijuana patients and caregivers from being put under arrest.

The health department believes more than 500 residents will sign up for the card this year.

While medicinal marijuana is a "controversial" topic, supporters say this is good news for people living with cancer, arthritis, and other chronic illnesses that keep them from eating.

Stay with KMPH and KMPH.com as we continue to follow this story.

======

I wonder how many plants this county will allow patients to have.

pkr8ch
10-03-2008, 01:47 AM
6 plants maximum in Fresno County. In California the amount of plants is a minimum of 6 plants OR 12 immature plants. The maximums depend on the county and city that you live in. I'm Getting my card on Saturday. It's a birthday present to myself :-) I wish the Federal government would pull it's head out of it's ass and realize that they're fucking stupid. I mean really.....individual states, cities, doctors and patients and saying "Hey this is some pretty good stuff; It's natural and can be used for many purposes like pain alleviation, stimulating the appetite, reducing the pressure in someones eyes that has Glaucoma" I suspect and really hope that when Obama gets elected he will fix our retarded war on Marijuana.

GinoN7
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I think Fresno is doing the State minimum 12 immature 6 mature, same as in the county Im in ...Merced. Usually the law just counts 18 containers as it is hard to define what is mature and not, or how mature is mature to you? -lol, its hard especially if you want to breed and have a couple strains going, plus a male in veg etc ...Gino

seattlesmoke247
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
edited. i am :stoned:

illnillinois
10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Packets of apps will be avail nov 12th and program starts Dec2
All over this shit like white on rice.