PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Visa Medical

UKSTONER
09-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a new to the website and am looking for advice.

I currently live in the UK and need to take a medical exam as part of a visa application for Canada.

Fortunately I can book the date myself, so I'm not in too much trouble regarding an up and comming test.

About me - I've smoked 5 pins or so a day for the last 6 years, but am currently on the wagon since Thursday as I really cant fail the test.

I'm 6.1 and 140 lbs, so skinny and with a fast metabolism.

Q1. I dont even know for sure that I will be tested for THC, but I do know I'll be doing a urinalysis for "sugar, protein and blood". Does anyone have any past experience with this?

Q2. How long should I abstain for assuming I am going to be tested, given my weight etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

KNOTME66
09-23-2008, 03:07 AM
The best way is to go buy a THC drug test from your local pharmacy for about $20 and test yourself with first morning urine. Since you are taking time to cleaning up you can order THC test strips (very accurate) for about $2 each on ebay. Generally you can get them to your home in about 4 days. Then you will be able to afford to test yourself about every 2-3 days till you test negative. Good luck.

UKSTONER
09-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the advice, I took it and ordered a multi drug test online. It arrived today and I passed with a faint pink line - 6 days after my last smoke.

What are your thoughts? Is that possible, did I buy a dodgey test?

I have worked out 3 of the six days, and like I say I am super skinny.