PDA

View Full Version : DejaVu - Prophecies come true

StonedFetus
09-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I would like to ask opinion on he matter of human cognitive ability, perhaps even further.....

I remember in my youth being startled about a particular moment in life when I was contemplating the matter of choice. I distinctly recall the feeling of already having 'lived' that moment in my life. (I was walking and about to turn around a building) Upon further thinking I remembered a dream, exactly like the moment, which had occurred some weeks prior...naturally i was skeptical of such a thought, having dream t the future.. however eventually the feelings of DejaVu became more frequent and much stronger, sometimes a month apart, other times just a week. such started at twelve years of age, becoming more frequent in my mid-late teens. every occurrence reminding me of a dream which I had months to a week prior. haha, high cannabis consumption stopped the weekly DejaVu,(opened up many other doors mind you) but it persisted, still happens sometimes...never as strong as it once was though.

I know for certain that my closest friends doubt such events, I rarely/never speak of it because of such..... but perhaps I can find some insight with the kin here.

I will try to paraphrase.... have you ever experienced/felt as if one does not have a choice, even though one was expressing free will? personally i have always objected the idea of fate/destiny etc..... but than how did I so frequently dream my future? is it just a logical conclusion projected into my subconscious? or could it be some other form of higher thinking......?

far out! :hippy:

peace

killerweed420
09-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm not a deep thunker but I've had a couple cases of dejavu. Its pretty entertaining but I don't know what to make of it. I'm not a spiritual person so I don't much believe spiritual explanations.

xweefernationx
09-18-2008, 12:45 AM
One of my friends brought a theory out to me that showed how little we know about reality and how it can be stretched and is also open for interpretation. Who knows why we having feeling such as deja vu knowing things you possiblely know or something even as simply as telling someone to get the phone before it rings. . .

This is the way my homie spun it to me one night of enlightened toking. . .

Hod do you know that your alive at this exact moment and (i know this sounds a little wierd but bear with me) that what you are experiencing right now isnt just a memory from the afterlife? It would explain deja vu miracles and many more strange occurances. And the afterlife is only defined by religion but what if were dead somewhere and this is like a dream?

What do you all think?

40oz
09-18-2008, 01:29 AM
have you ever experienced/felt as if one does not have a choice, even though one was expressing free will? personally i have always objected the idea of fate/destiny etc..... but than how did I so frequently dream my future? is it just a logical conclusion projected into my subconscious? or could it be some other form of higher thinking......?

far out! :hippy:

peace

Yes, I have had that same feeling, and I have experienced similar deja vu feelings as you. There are so many differing theories on the whole space-time continuum that cannot be proved or disproved that whatever answers you choose to accept as true can only be based on personal opinion.

Now, I don't know much about physics or anything so keep in mind I may make some mistakes in my explanation. Picture space-time as a moebius strip (I attached a picture for you). There is no beginning and no end it keeps going on forever and ever, it is infinite, like space. Time is only a point on that strip, think each car on the strip as a point in time, the right edge of the strip is the future and the left edge is the past. Follow the direction of the past and future as you go around the moebius strip. The future and the past switch spots! This could suggest something that is referred to as Eternal Recurrence, the idea that events in the world happen over and over again for eternity. In other words, you have already read this post an infinite amount of times before, in subsequent trips around the space-time continuum.

Regarding what you said about fate and free will, I am with you there as well. I used to think the idea of fate or anything happening for a meaningful reason was senseless, but latley I have been contemplating the possibilities that everything happens for a reason, directing you through your life and all of existance the only way things could possibly happen. This would mean there is no such thing as free will as we know it, and it is a legitimate philosophical idea.

I believe the way the philosophy works is that since anything that happens in the material world is the effect of some other cause, people are not really making choices but only behaving a certain way because something caused them to be effected like that. This probably sounds confusing, somebody else may be able to explain it better, but the idea is basically you didn't choose to be reading this post right now, even though you may think you did. Something caused you to be reading this post right now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
09-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Deja Vu is caused by one side the brain processing information with a slight delay, being a split second behind the other side of the brain. This makes you think you've seen this all before because, as far as mental processing goes, you are seeing it a second time around; just within a micro-second.

It's also natural for the mind to super-impose this seemingly repeating information on past memories, to make sense of the double info processing.

DaBudhaStank
09-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Eh, I don't believe in anything not connected with the physical plane of our own existence. This includes God, spirits, demons, alternate realities, prophecy, future-telling, palm-reading, and any other mumbo jumbo. As far as I'm concerned, it's all just fake. But that's just me, and people are free to believe what they will.

Coelho
09-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Deja Vu is caused by one side the brain processing information with a slight delay, being a split second behind the other side of the brain. This makes you think you've seen this all before because, as far as mental processing goes, you are seeing it a second time around; just within a micro-second.

It's also natural for the mind to super-impose this seemingly repeating information on past memories, to make sense of the double info processing.

This is, of course, only the sciences opinion. There may be other explanations for it.

I very frequently dream about things that will happen. I would say at least once or twice a week. Im sure i dream a lot more, but i forget most of what i dream. So, foreseeing the future is a rather usual thing for me.

And i also have thought a lot about the choice and free will and such. And i concluded that what we call "choice" may be an illusion. (It may not be, but who knows?)
What makes us choose something? We think "what strain of bud will i smoke today?", then moments later, from somewhere, the answer pops in our head "sativa". But the greatest question is how, where this choice come from? What prompted us to make this choice? We could as well think that "someone" whispered into our minds, then we took the whisper as our own thoughts...
So, what we call choices wouldnt be choices at all... and when we dream about the future and the future happens exactly as we dreamed, it would be that we just made (or were induced to make) the right choices to ensure that the future happened exactly as we dreamed...

Coelho
09-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Eh, I don't believe in anything not connected with the physical plane of our own existence. This includes God, spirits, demons, alternate realities, prophecy, future-telling, palm-reading, and any other mumbo jumbo. As far as I'm concerned, it's all just fake. But that's just me, and people are free to believe what they will.

I think that believing that the physical plane is all that exists is the same to think that the hardware is the only real part of a computer, and that the software, which is not made of matter, does not exist.
But that's just me, and people are free to believe what they will.

baggsend
09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it. Buy canned goods and shotguns.

DaBudhaStank
09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I think that believing that the physical plane is all that exists is the same to think that the hardware is the only real part of a computer, and that the software, which is not made of matter, does not exist.
But that's just me, and people are free to believe what they will.

Lol what? It's not anything like that. Hardware exists, but software HAS matter because it usually comes on a CD, and there's empirical evidence that proves the existence of software.

veggii
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Deja^vu, gives you a chance too change what happend ;)

killerweed420
09-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I've never had anything spriitual of nature happen to me but I was walking my 10 yearold neice up my driveway once to ride the school bus. As we came around the corner she said she saw grandma and grandpa standing up at the bus stop waiting for her. Mom had died just a few months prior and dad had been dead for over 10 years. She swared up and down they were standing there. When we got to the bus stop she said they were gone. Weird.

Coelho
09-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Lol what? It's not anything like that. Hardware exists, but software HAS matter because it usually comes on a CD, and there's empirical evidence that proves the existence of software.

Well... software can be stored in CDs, but its not actually software when its there. Its only a lot of holes in a plastic disk. Its not "alive". For being "alive" it must be running into a computer, where it is a lot of electric signals. A software in a CD is a software as much as a corpse is a person.

So, a software is just a lot of electric signals. What it is made of? Not even of electrons, because a wire with no electric current passing has exactly the same number of electrons of a wire with electric current passsing. Electric current is just the electrons movement. So, a software is made of the movement of electrons. A very abstract and immaterial thing... and yet it exists.

And the empirical evidence is not so obvious... for much people who does not know much about how a computer works, the software doesnt even exist as an independent entity. They buy their computers, usually with the (bleagh!) windows already installed in it, (and wonder whats the use of that CD that comes with the computer lol), and so think that the windows is part of the computer. It is, but not in a material way. They could even think that if they buy all the components of a computer, boards, hds, etc, and just assembly them, the computer will work. They would not know the need of something immaterial, the software, for the computer work properly.

The same goes for people. They have the physical body, but they are not only the physical body. There is also the immaterial part of a person, its "software", the emotions and thoughts, that are not made of physical matter.
BTW, the "spirits" are made of the same thing as the emotions and thoughts. They are not physical, and yet they are as real as thoughts and emotions.

All this things can be observed (and empirical evidence found) by anyone who take its time and learn skills like clairvoyance. But most people of science rejects to try this things exactly the same way as churchs people rejected to look through Galileos telescope, who wanted to show them the evidence that Earth was not the universes center. The ages change, but the things remains the same... todays science is playing the role of the medieval church... that was its greatest enemy in that ages... what all the scientists of that age would think if they knew it...

GreenDestiny
09-20-2008, 04:25 AM
...because a wire with no electric current passing has exactly the same number of electrons of a wire with electric current passsing. Electric current is just the electrons movement.

DUDE! you totally gotta hook me up with some info about this. That totally contradicts what I was taught in skool.

'Flow of electrons from negative to positive.'
If there's nothing flowing, then it's..... what? just a wave of energy that excites the existing electrons between point A and point B coming from the direction that the energy wave started.... to make it look like a surge of electricity moving?

In a video I heard someone mention that we still don't exactly know what electricity is and I thought he had just missed that day in elementary lol... holy crap this is mind-boggling stuff here

I had no idea there was new evidence to suggest such things. If you've got any links to research or whatever, please please share them!

Coelho
09-20-2008, 06:13 AM
DUDE! you totally gotta hook me up with some info about this. That totally contradicts what I was taught in skool.

'Flow of electrons from negative to positive.'
If there's nothing flowing, then it's..... what? just a wave of energy that excites the existing electrons between point A and point B coming from the direction that the energy wave started.... to make it look like a surge of electricity moving?

I didnt say that there wasnt anything flowing.
A wire (or any metal for this matter) has a lot of electrons inside it. The difference is when there is an electric current passing the electrons are moving, and when there is no current the electrons are at rest. But the amount of electrons inside the wire is the same. A battery, a dynamo, or whatever, does not create electrons. It just makes them move.

GreenDestiny
09-20-2008, 06:46 AM
I didnt say that there wasnt anything flowing.
A wire (or any metal for this matter) has a lot of electrons inside it. The difference is when there is an electric current passing the electrons are moving, and when there is no current the electrons are at rest. But the amount of electrons inside the wire is the same. A battery, a dynamo, or whatever, does not create electrons. It just makes them move.

I remember how the electrons in metal can all move around and don't have to stay with their atoms.

It was said that because they can move around so freely, that's why the electricity (that was made of electrons) can go through it so easily. But now this whole idea that electricity is not actually the electrons... that's so new to me. Wow those old textbooks were wrong as hell! It's not the first thing that proved to be wrong that I was taught in skool and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Coelho
09-20-2008, 09:49 AM
It's not the first thing that proved to be wrong that I was taught in skool and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Well... in the school they also say that weed is bad for you... :rastasmoke:

Aeroshaft
07-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Your brain does not delay processing information by a split second. That is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard. Every neuron fires about 200 times every second and I highly doubt that it would delay for a "split second" when it's that fast.

This kind of makes sense, it doesn't give an answer but it gives you things to consider: HowStuffWorks "How Deja Vu Works" (http://science.howstuffworks.com/deja-vu.htm)