PDA

View Full Version : basic dryin and "harvesting" niques

suprawith750hp
03-13-2004, 07:08 PM
aight i just started and i wanna know the basic harvesting and drying and all that stuff for how long and with what and where...just the basics

bonbon
03-13-2004, 08:54 PM
here's the basic's http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/714

cannabecea
03-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey

This is what you should do in the basic harvest/drying/curing to get the most out of your crop.

If you used ferts on your plant to grow and to flower you should flucsh it. Take the plant in a bath and poor water i the pot so it will clean the dirt and will "flush" the exess ferts from the plant in thois way you will get better tasting buds and they will not pop and fizle when youl light it up ;). Then to see if the plant is ripe and ready for harvest check the trichomes: this is the glands that contains THC and other cannabinoïds (61 and counting). So when youy look at the buds you will see droplets of resin (the size of a nedle head) At first they will be clear: this will give a litle hight but the plant is not ready. When they are milky the plant is almost ripe, this will ive a good hight. Then the trichomes become amber (brown). Wait until 30% of the pistils (white strings) to be amber. Then you cut the plant at the base. If you cut the plant and separate the buds individually it will stop a prcess. When you cut the plant at the base it will contunue to give the rest of sap to the rest of the plant, this will give the buds a more uniform drying. If you cut the buds individually it will stop this process and there will be less resin etc etc. After 4 or 5 days bend some branches, if they snap when they are bent its dry but if it just bend let it dry for at least 1 to 2 days. Then when its dry you can cut the buds individually, and store them in Mason jars (it MUST be air tight!!!) Store them with gentle pressure and be shure that there is no more air in the pot, the less air the better. If there is still space in the pot, put a piece of paper over the buds and put some cotton on top to fill the empty space. Then at the first week get out the buyds every day to be shure to remove all the exess of humidity. After that they will be ready for a good cure. Store them at least 1 month and you will have the best tasting buds ever, and you will have get the most potency out of them. And remember: curing is like making a good wine: the longuer it cures the better it is ;)

see ya i hope this will help