PDA

View Full Version : First plant help please!

bacontrout
09-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi all

So I have one lonesome plant, but I didn't mind as it showed early signs of being female, and all was good.

However, i have approached the grow in quite an amateurish fashion - it has been in 12/12 stage for a few days, then i took it out as it was being rehoused in a different room with a new light, and is now back on 12/12. unfortunately, this period of stress has - i believe - turned my lovely lady into a he/she. if anyone could confirm this i'd appreciate it:
pic 1 looks like male bits, pic 2 the female flower, and in pic 3 ive tried to show a part that has both bits near each other

[attachment=o200508][attachment=o200509][attachment=o200510]

I also want to ask - as im not going to be growing any more plants any time soon, is there any way to get some bud out of it? ive seen a few threads where people have gone through with tweezers and plucked out all the male parts...is this viable?

thanks for your help!

stinkyattic
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, you've got a serious hermi there. It looks so strongly male that I would not even TRY to pick off the pods and salvage the plant- you will, at BEST, end up with a tiny amount of VERY seedy bud, and hermis often give you those annoying unripe seeds too, since they continue to form male parts and pollen throughout the grow, giving anyuthing that was pollinated late insufficient time to ripen.
The plant looks healthy though, so try again!