PDA

View Full Version : boulder

mountainhigh8
09-10-2008, 12:48 AM
just wondering if anyone is from the boulder area? i'm in the mist of getting my card right now, just waiting on my records

fUNKYcDOG
09-10-2008, 01:48 AM
just a few miles away from boulder!

mountainhigh8
09-10-2008, 02:26 AM
yea anyone interested in any glass i blow glass at chubby's glass in boulder, proubly could cut ya some sweet deals.

SunnyD
09-10-2008, 03:20 AM
One of my best friends is a freshman at Colorado University

fUNKYcDOG
09-11-2008, 01:17 AM
yea anyone interested in any glass i blow glass at chubby's glass in boulder, proubly could cut ya some sweet deals.

web site? i will have to truck on up.... :smokebong:

ShantiDidi
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I am new to BO and have a card. Can anyone connect me to an organic source. Thanks

Sherelyn

mountainhigh8
11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
there is store in gunberral that is called The way to grow, thats were i do most of my shopping.

Whattheheck
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Mountain High, are you still at Chubbys? I've been there once back in the day, but I'm looking for some gear.

goldendomewreck
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
yo what up?
i live in boulder and am in need of some glass
do you think i would be able to get a deal since its local?

fUNKYcDOG
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
yo what up?
i live in boulder and am in need of some glass
do you think i would be able to get a deal since its local?

it all depends.... :rastasmoke: welcome to colorado :jointsmile:

CUbuffs11
07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
from boulder...looking for some clubs to try out...anyone have any recommendations?

COVaper
07-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Check the Colorado Dailies. Several MM clubs advertise. Be prepared. Prices charged are off the scale. Almost 2x street price.

Regards

topjazzman
07-24-2009, 02:22 AM
350.for a oz is very high in price.Drug dealer or caregiver hmmmmmmmm!!

palerider7777
07-25-2009, 04:23 AM

i'd say that was a fair price,even tho it's "somewhat"legal there still are alot of risk to contend with. the cost to grow as well it's not free. should they not be able to make a living? if you think it is free to grow it then no need to down someone elses price you can go past all that and just grow your own.a matter of fact i have a great idea,since thats a crazy insane price then tell u what how about you go out and buy all thats needed to grow then spend your time setting it up,then the time to grow it.after all that chop it trim it cure it then tell all of us and we will come over and pick it all up...free ofcorse.

then we will all give u a pat on the back and say job well done.thats all thats needed right? the pat on the back i mean? yea put your neck on the line as in leo,thug robbers that go around sniffing out houses to rob,spend all of your money and time to grow it all then give it to us k? i mean if u ask any money for it then u would be a "drugdealer" or "caregiver".

here's alil tid bit for you just to help you out.:thumbsup: but first you have to have somewhat of an open mind to take it in. the golden rule in any biz and or"fun time" is time is money. and if im not gunna do the work to have my own herb then i pay the price that comes with it. if i don't like price then i grow my own so i don't have to try and tell someone that there a rip off for whatever is theirs in the first place. bottom line is it's theirs they own it u pay to play.

topjazzman
07-25-2009, 02:54 PM
sorry to say 350.is a very high price.I do know the costs to grow.and 350 is a rip off !!!!! a caring caregiver that has only 5 -10 patients they are charging 250.zip for organic meds .if you are paying more you are beeing ripped off.I am 57 and have been smoking for over 40 yrs now sorry to say that 30 yrs for my heath problem.Have grown for part of that..you do not live in colorado so you are unable to know the costs.these are caregivers helping the very ill with there pain not trying to become rich off of them.peace

COVaper
07-25-2009, 03:24 PM
I was forced to grow because I couldn't afford the price.
Now I am caregiver to two patients. They get medicine for free. No, I'm not looking for any new patients.
Most clubs are overcharging. Supply and demand will force them to lower prices if they intend to survive.

Regards

topjazzman
07-25-2009, 04:06 PM
you are right on supply and demand.It will happen and is.

TeKNiQUE
07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
It's extremely costly and you gotta know what your doin. I give respect to care givers. They put their house and family on the line. They spend probibly thousands just to grow for their patients. I think its fair to charge for it but just not overprice. 350 is insane amount. But I'll agree they do have to charge to make a living. But I would rather have a caregiver that charges a fair amount for some quality medicine. Then a dispensary that charges 350 for ok medicine. I would rather have a caregiver that I can see how they are cultivating it and what chemicals they are using. Rather then a dispensary where you don't know how it was grown.

TeK:hippy:

palerider7777
07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
sorry to say 350.is a very high price.I do know the costs to grow.and 350 is a rip off !!!!! a caring caregiver that has only 5 -10 patients they are charging 250.zip for organic meds .if you are paying more you are beeing ripped off.I am 57 and have been smoking for over 40 yrs now sorry to say that 30 yrs for my heath problem.Have grown for part of that..you do not live in colorado so you are unable to know the costs.these are caregivers helping the very ill with there pain not trying to become rich off of them.peace

cool like i said im ready to take the free hand out from you. it don't cost anything to grow it so since it's all about helping others you should do it completely free right? why 250? those people that are living off of ssi/ssd can't afford 250 a zip either like myself.so i'll just start getting mine for free from you right? when can we start?

palerider7777
07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
It's extremely costly and you gotta know what your doin. I give respect to care givers. They put their house and family on the line. They spend probibly thousands just to grow for their patients. I think its fair to charge for it but just not overprice. 350 is insane amount. But I'll agree they do have to charge to make a living. But I would rather have a caregiver that charges a fair amount for some quality medicine. Then a dispensary that charges 350 for ok medicine. I would rather have a caregiver that I can see how they are cultivating it and what chemicals they are using. Rather then a dispensary where you don't know how it was grown.

TeK:hippy:

i put it in very simple terms above don't like the price then put your own ass and money on the line simple.since jazz says he's grown b4 and said it's free to grow then im game for his free handout offer.tho im not holding my breath.

the thing is the reason these med clubs charge what they do is because they have to buy it first from somewhere "over the amount that they grow" and then they have to pay for overhead too.most that have ever worked for themself and have ran a biz will know this the people that have worked under these people there whole life might not know what it really takes to run a biz.u never see these people that whine about pot prices picketting pharm companies tho.

if a grower is gunna put his neck on the line to grow it he will either sell it to a club for a halfway good price of 250 to 325 an oz.if that club bitches or whines he will go to another.if they all bitch he will just dump it on the street.

another thing and this is the biggest part is it's the growers property as in yea it's his he owns it. thats like going up to a stranger and saying hey u have 2 t.v's give me 1 for free cause u already have one and i need it?wtf lmao. i do understand that if someone is really bad off and needs pain meds i think a club or grower should sit down with each person and work out a payment plan or a reduced plan for these people ofcorse. any biz most of the time will do this. and in the end theres always the gov go ask them for free pot see how far that gets u.

ps i agree with u tho.

topjazzman
07-26-2009, 09:08 PM
You are really a asshole.You must not be sick.We have a store in colorado springs the largest in the state.Last yr the owner made 1,000,000 in profits for being a caregiver.The sad part it is people like your self that really have no idea what it is to be very ill and most of the greedy caregivers are feeding on this.peace my brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

palerider7777
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
You are really a asshole.You must not be sick.We have a store in colorado springs the largest in the state.Last yr the owner made 1,000,000 in profits for being a caregiver.The sad part it is people like your self that really have no idea what it is to be very ill and most of the greedy caregivers are feeding on this.peace my brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i have worked hard all my life since the age of 12 yes 12 at 14 i held down 3 jobs and still ran my dads shop. working 100+ hrs a week non stop.up until 2 years ago when i fell out of my tractor onto the street.now i have 3 discs that are ruptured,severe nerve dmg and found out i have degenertive disc diease. i get severe headaches where im in bed and can't even move for 3 to 4 days at a time if i move wrong to the point of throwing up the pain is that bad.i can't do any of the things as i once could. so tell me am i lying? with all this i still don't ask for handouts.infact most of what i have grown i give away and i sell the stuff i don't at 250@ an oz. and im an asshole? but im not gunna call this dude down the street a greedy sob for selling his at 350 or 400.why? cause i know he has to do what he has to do for himself too.

my dad had cancer and was dying u know how much he had to pay to doctors for his pills? try 200 per doc visit twice a mo and 1200 amonth on his meds.he should have saved all that money and smoked he might still be here.but the pain was so great and the kemo was killing him, he ended up shooting himself in the head in my house the room he was living in as i wanted him close so i could watch after him.so don't tell me i don't know about pain there bubba.

palerider7777
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM

how much of that was paid out in bills and taxes? i can assure u it was'nt net.

GratefulMeds
07-27-2009, 04:59 AM
cool like i said im ready to take the free hand out from you. it don't cost anything to grow it so since it's all about helping others you should do it completely free right? why 250? those people that are living off of ssi/ssd can't afford 250 a zip either like myself.so i'll just start getting mine for free from you right? when can we start?

I can see you have never grown, never paid the overhead involved, never put in the time, never had a gun put in your face, haven't paid your dues!

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 06:17 AM
I can see you have never grown, never paid the overhead involved, never put in the time, never had a gun put in your face, haven't paid your dues!

yea ok u need to back up and read all of my post u dim wit.im saying on that very fact is why people charge what they charge. ever heard of sarcasm?? guess not u seem to be a bit dim. :wtf:.wow 2nd time u tried to talk down to me.so all those things u just said would be a reason it should be free? im the one that said 350 is not a bad price and that on acount of all those risks someone would'nt stick there neck out on the line all for nothing.u need to wake up or take the auto pilot off.

btw yes i have had all those things done to me - the gun in the face but yes i have grown top notch bud and yes i have been robbed how about take a gander at some of my older threads. http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/136052-update-pics-u-like.html#post1678571

that was my very first grow. iv'e been through the fire so know your fact b4 U go spoutin off...

COVaper
07-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Checked out your pics. Very Nice!

Back to the dispensaries. There is certainly a need. Not everyone has the time and patience to grow quality organic medicine. They certainly have the right to charge for it. In Metro Denver Colorado it appears to be charge whatever the market will bear. I believe they should be charging whatever is fair. I would not want to pay inflated medicine prices so members can get free massages or classes.

There are quite a few dispensaries opening now. The prices will come down as the market is saturated. I have heard pricing is a bit more reasonable in the Ft Collins area.

Regards

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
:wtf:
Checked out your pics. Very Nice!

Back to the dispensaries. There is certainly a need. Not everyone has the time and patience to grow quality organic medicine. They certainly have the right to charge for it. In Metro Denver Colorado it appears to be charge whatever the market will bear. I believe they should be charging whatever is fair. I would not want to pay inflated medicine prices so members can get free massages or classes.

There are quite a few dispensaries opening now. The prices will come down as the market is saturated. I have heard pricing is a bit more reasonable in the Ft Collins area.

Regards

my point to a tee grateful jumped on me for trying to take up for him lmao wtf? like a said very dim,the other dude was calling him a drugdealer for charging 350 an oz.i said that sounded ok to me and then explained why i thought so.then grateful attacks me lmao? dude makes no sense im starting to wonder what there putting in the water up in his neck of the woods?:wtf::wtf:

palerider7777
07-27-2009, 10:07 PM

gratefulmeds agree's with you that his prices are too high.roflmao..:thumbsup:

pfunk211
07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
yea ok u need to back up and read all of my post u dim wit.im saying on that very fact is why people charge what they charge. ever heard of sarcasm?? guess not u seem to be a bit dim. :wtf:.wow 2nd time u tried to talk down to me.so all those things u just said would be a reason it should be free? im the one that said 350 is not a bad price and that on acount of all those risks someone would'nt stick there neck out on the line all for nothing.u need to wake up or take the auto pilot off.

btw yes i have had all those things done to me - the gun in the face but yes i have grown top notch bud and yes i have been robbed how about take a gander at some of my older threads. http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/136052-update-pics-u-like.html#post1678571

that was my very first grow. iv'e been through the fire so know your fact b4 U go spoutin off...

dude, you are a douche!

i've read your posts and find that you are wrong, very vocally wrong (that means you say it so everyone can see how dumb you are), all the time.

why don't you shut the fuck up and let the big people speak.

p.s. you dad's gay

palerider7777
07-28-2009, 01:26 AM
dude, you are a douche!

i've read your posts and find that you are wrong, very vocally wrong (that means you say it so everyone can see how dumb you are), all the time.

why don't you shut the fuck up and let the big people speak.

p.s. you dad's gay

it's "you're". i think i'd like to help you out.lets meet, im ur huckleberry!!!:cool:

ps very big words from a very small cat.....:cool:

ps im your huckleberry!!!!!!!

pfunk211
07-28-2009, 01:34 AM
it's "you're". i think i'd like to help you out.lets meet, im ur huckleberry!!!:cool:

ps very big words from a very small cat.....:cool:

ps im your huckleberry!!!!!!!

it's "your", dumbass.......

you ARE 12, aren't you?!

palerider7777
07-28-2009, 01:38 AM

you ARE 12, aren't you?!

i'd like to help you really. let me know

palerider7777
07-28-2009, 01:46 AM

you ARE 12, aren't you?!

im an idiot plz let me make it up to you i want to give you all my money to help you out so you can see the doctor.just let me know and i can have it ready.

Slickyricky
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
boulder here, welcome :)

kodesh
07-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Hey all, I've been a patient for about 8 mos and have been to a number of dispensaries, and purchased my meds on the street a number of times.

Here are some of my observations and thoughts on pricing, please chime in, hopefully without flaming me and everyone else to death ;D

What is fair to charge?
I hate using street price as a guage, but really that should be the upper end for quality organic medication imo, until the medical market has time to fully mature and develop we don't have another yard stick. In my experience street price for good bud is about $300/oz, somtimes cheaper if it's a "good buddy" dealer or they are trying to move it fast. Sometimes more for something rare/super potent. I personally have no problem paying up to street price for medication if it's truly top quality meds and a strain that works for me is consistently available.

It takes some skill/effort/investment to grow quality meds and I don't begrudge the people who are sticking their necks out trying to make a business out of this their profits. However, I think the universal goal of patients, caregivers and dispensaries should be to lower the cost of quality medication and increase the variety and availability that caregivers can offer across the board. This will happen over time as the market grows and the laws continue to be reformed and improved.

Now this summer there seems to have been a shortage of good meds, at least in the dispensaries. I think this is largely due to the huge influx of new medical patients, which is a great thing. Unfortunately instead of maintaining a level/fair price for their existing patients, many dispensaries signed on more patients than they could really grow meds for, then relied on buying "wholesale" and then having to mark up the product to ridiculous amounts to maintain that nice comfy profit margin. I understand a business not wanting to turn people away, but imo the goal should be to allow patients the freedom to select their medication based on what works for them, not what they can afford. It may be an ideallistic goal, but I think one worth striving for.

Thoughts?

dottoressaX
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM
@stickyricky-- hahaha-- yep!

To all:

I do have to say that I am 1000% backing palerider, but I'll tell you why without shouting. Prices vary across the country. For example, you get a much lower price for goods in oregon than in boulder. For at least the past 10 years, and before medical MJ became legal in Colorado, all I can remember is $50 per 3.5 grams if you are only buying 3.5 grams. NOW, there are exceptions. That is $50 (full retail/400oz) for an eighth of CHRONIC. If you are a regular customer, or have a cool source, you can get $45 /eighth. If you pay less on the street than that for an eighth of chronic in Boulder, you are either someones good friend, girlfriend, or you know the grower. Its $400(full price for an oz if you don't know the source), BUT $350 is USUALLY the deal if buying a full OZ of chronic. If you can possibly get $300 then you are either someones good friend, girlfriend, know the grower, or are buying mids or schwag and not chronic. As a local this has been the score as long as I remember. I could point to about a hundred people on any given day who would concur with me on this-- those of you getting super deals on CHRONIC are lucky:)
The other point is if you are buying LBS or QP's you get better deals, obviously.
Now, I feel for all medical users, but if this has been the going street price for about a decade, why should it suddenly drop because medical marijuana became legal? Its not like the market is even remotely close to saturated. Last i checked there has never been special pricing for the sick, unless an individual grower wants to be super cool and hook people up for a ridiculously low price or free. Just know that IS NOT customary, or normal here in Boulder. Last I checked, raids are still going on- lots of medical patients i notice- you can still lose EVERYTHING you own if you get busted growing over the measly 3 flowering plants they allow here. That risk merits every penny-- every single penny of the $350 you pay for an ounce. Im sorry but it does. True you medical patients CAN grow your own, and perhaps should if these prices are too high for you( a very reasonable option). Be forewarned- most anyone can grow weed, but it takes a LONG time and a LOT of learning, investment, errors, etc. to grow CHRONIC.

Anything less than $300 an oz. of CHRONIC is an insult to a desperate grower-- UNLESS the grower is selling more than an oz. at one time in which case there may be a further price drop for bulk buying.

obviously the more you buy, the better the price.

I would think, however, that since DISPENSARIES are selling such massive quantities, they might be able to offer an assistance program for restricted-income patients. That would help those with low income, and maintain a profitable business. Dispensary or not, I can ONLY imagine paying over $50 an eighth for only the most incredible unreal effective highest thc content cannabis available.--- Ive never had a smoke that was so much more unreal than what i had to justify that. On the flip side, a good dispensary is AWESOME-- cuttings, cakes, lolli's, so much variety etc- i can see how they justify the markup-- its like going into wonderland going into a good dispensary.

As for on the street in Boulder, Ive given you the score. Sorry if you dont like it, but it is VERY just, and growers deserve every penny from that $350/oz.

peace

dottoressaX
09-13-2009, 03:07 AM
I should also say- welcome to the world of unregulated, half-illegal Cannabis-

Since the government can't seem to get their shit together and completely legalize and regulate Cannabis, it is therefore still regulated by the underground market, which, is what makes the rules right now, and likely will hold influence for a fair amount of time to come. Again I fully support low-income patient discounts at dispensaries, but this is the reality of the world we live in. Hell, I wish it was free. Too bad that doesn't make it so.

My problem isn't directly with Big Pharma, the DEA, local police, etc. MY problem is with all of US that we cant yet pass a ballot initiative outright legalizing this plant, state by state, until the federal gov't has no choice but to buckle. Despite the massive power of the institutionalized resistance(DEA, ONDCP, NIDA etc), the sheer masses of this country are, indeed, more powerful. We all can stop complaning as soon as WE change the laws. Be active and vocal and NOT JUST ON CANNABIS MESSAGE BOARDS where you preach to the choir. Restricted MMJ in colorado is a good first step, but there are many more to take, and only THEN will you see the price of your medicine dip.

Prescription or not, it is what it is and it costs what it costs, region by region. Welcome to Colorado:) Keep informing eachother and keep voting-
peace

topjazzman
09-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Sounds like you are just getting high for fun.I thought we are here for medical marijuana talk and not street talk.I am very sick and medical marijuana makes my life a little easier.Caregivers should not be drug dealers.All of us if we do not grow we need to buy.I have been smoking for over 42 yrs.and see that most caregivers are just like the dealers in the past.There are a few very good caregivers out there.I know they have to do alot but remember they went into as to help people sick and if not for the sick people they would be unable to be as out in the open as they are.
peace

dottoressaX
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
For all you medical patients who are acting all pious because you have an ailment and a card, listen up. Whether you hold the card or not has no bearing on who chooses to self-medicate with cannabis. One person holds a card for an ailment, another person has the same ailment and uses the same medicine but without a card, and a third person does it because its relaxing and feels good. You are NO more legitimate to use your medicine in the Feds eyes than either the non card holder, or the recreational user. To them they are all 'addict' druggies and will be punished to the full extent of the law. You follow what I'm saying? YOU, dear card holder, are still considered a *criminal*, just like the guy on the street, and as such, you pay the same prices as 98% of the cannabis users in CO who don't hold cards. Sick or not you aren't special. You are still dealing in the black market which was in place with established prices long before your medical cannabis came on the scene. I want this to change as you do and I hope you find a friend who hooks you up on the cheap, but all this whining and moaning is just aggravating. If you cant afford the chronic, there are mids and then beasters- if dispensaries are too expensive, find a street source who is cool and may hook you up. If thats too expensive or not to your liking, grow your own. you might not be very good at it but at least you'll have a personal stash that in the not too long run will give you virtually free cannabis to medicate yourself into oblivion. if you've been smoking as long as you say you have, and are as poor as you are, perhaps this would be your best option. The other solution is to find other patients, pool your resources, and do a collective grow, combining your prescriptions and sharing the cost of the setup. The entire medical MJ community should be working together and doing this if they want ultra cheep cannabis. Beyond these solutions the problem is you.
BTW -*most* of the people who take the time and effort to learn the trade of growing cannabis at the chronic level are in it primarily because they love it, but secondly, OBVIOUSLY!, to make good $ out of it. That is why you are so lucky to find the smattering of people who do it for the good of the sick, but virtually everyone who provides you with your medicine is in it to make some money because there is money to be made. Has been since 1937-- you can thank your government for that. let that be more of an incentive to channel your frustration where it is better suited, at our elected officials and how they got there. Don't blame the dealers and don't be a damned hypocrite, calling one a caregiver and the other 'drug-dealer'. If they are producing cannabis for people to self medicate, 'script or not, they are the same people. We are all users for hundreds of reasons. None of us are inherent criminals for this. The problem is the law, so..

again, if you want the prices to drop, get out and start educating non smokers and prohibitionists while not coming off as an incoherent imbicile in the process, and vote in the right people to get this legalized for once and for all.
Until then you are still playing in the black market, and the black market set the rules a long time ago. The system hasn't changed itself because you came on the scene with ailments and a card.
Take my advice above, I wish you the best and shimmering trichome blasted buds as white a drift of snow for as little cost as possible. forgive the tough love:thumbsup:

TheStrainMan
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM
It seems like there's some confusion here between a CARE-giver and a dispensary. Care-givers do not become Dispensaries in order to care for patients or to philanthropically give away a valuable commodity...haven't you noticed it's a gold rush out here! Prices are what they are because of supply and demand; and people are lining up every day to vote with their wallets that dispensary prices are fine. We all have a choice where to spend out money and we can debate on price until the end of time, but if folks keep buying, prices will only go up. Don't get pissed off. Get involved and find a real CARE-giver or grow your own. The market will always take care of itself.

The Strain Man (http://www.thestrainman.blogspot.com)

palerider7777
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
of the same type of topic im having about this very thing but whats going on in cali. here's what 1 wrote.

you r very correct when we first started this "campaign " if you would on making the great prop 215 noticed , all our goals were simple and i hope the other forefathers agree with me on what i say here ,they were to free the people who wanted to use cannabiss as a medicine of choice versus other harsher meds that could litteraly destroy someones life from complications or side affects .and breaking that long or should i say life long silence that everyone should stay in the closet about there cannabiss use after all i was in America at the time as i am a world traveler .we spoke freely about our use and that it was a medicine breakthrough that it could help with so many symptoms like : anerexia insomnia depression cancer aids aches and pains of all magnitudes . the first forefather of our generation , speaking in the past 15 to 20 years in my sight would have to be the late and great may God rest his soul DR. Tod H. Mikuriaya as he broke the silence about the goverment testing of cannabis and released much needed data that the general public was un aware of . one that there was still 11 or so patients who still recieve cannabiss from the goverment which i know at the time i found out i knew nothing of ,and that these patients benefited from the meds not sure how many still are left hopefully all of them ,but back to the goals also that the plant would eventually be freed to all who needed the medicinal plant, and as i look back now we have definetly came a long way{now u can go to a clinic and purchase clones freely in some states mind you}, but still have much more educating to do , beside freeing the plant reducing prices for those who could not grow or afford it {i have given away lots of medicine for those that needed it with prescriptions of course} due to there illness or whatever the reasaon might be ,yes the key word always and still with me and many others till this day is COMPASSION that was our mission to be generous to those in need of this magnificent medicine and to show all of man kind that this beautifull plant was nothing to be afraid of of course like all meds dosages and regulations are alaways best for each indivdual user , when we first started people were all in Q with each others thoughts on this struggle to prove cannabiss has medicinal value but along the way just like anything else in the world corruption began from non patient and some patient affiliates not sure if thats the word im looking for turning it into a street thing instead of a COMPASSION thing but still the non patients should have some say as they r the more recreational users which i have no problem with i respect everyones wishes sometimes even when i dont want to i guess that comes with having an open mind , i must say when we first started i used to see patients and recreational users so much more paranoid than they r now , so with that we are getting some where not to mention alll the ralleys and festivals all around the globe that take place several times a year man the memories put a big smile on my face because everything we accomplished was for the better for man kinds tommorrow ,why should we throw people in prison or jails for something that is peoples choice?when all that happens is heart ache break up of happy families and innocent people being taken advantage of by people we expect to preserve our rights as citizens of whatever country we may be in .let me close by saying i do not mean to show boat my image or talk bad about the goverment as all the goverments in the world must do there job and yes that means some of us must get screwed but hopefully with the right knowledge they can someday open there eyes and see what we see , i think instead of these cops who are packing cannon sized artillery and raiding clinics we should have DOCTORS ,SCIENTISTS ,PROFESSORS and any men and women with higher learning to observe {raid} or search clinics to make sure meds are of high quality and safe for public use etc. i could go on forever as cannabiss freedom is a very sensitive area with me since it has helped me with my condition and my high stress due to all of lifes little obstacles so with that let me say to all we have much more work ahead and educating the uneducated, as our late and great may God rest his soul RONALD REAGAN said in a old movie he was in
{i hope this is right} go out there and win one for th GIPPER .......................

my response
back to reality nothing in this world is free never was never will be.and it really should'nt be everything has it's value to each person it's a diffrent value but does hold a value.to say someone should work and give over all there hard work/product and should'nt get comp'd for it well there's a word for that it's called slavery. b4 money it was trade but very same concept tho.if not alot of people would starve. mj was never ment to be "free" u even show that in your post u might want to read it. prop 215 was to give anyone the key word here"choice" to choose this drug over the gov controlled drugs"choice" and to grow your own as well if u see fit.

i see it like this if it's supposed to be "non profit" like everyone keeps saying then riddle me this and this comes str8 from the gov the whole "none profit"thing u can see where the atty gen says it if we see anyones making a profit those are the ones we will bust right? well if thats the case then how come the shops have to pay taxes? case in point,churches,goodwill whatever they are "none profit" they pay no taxes but this"compassion"drug is "none profit" yet is taxed to fuck and back?people need to wake up proof that you can't have your cake and eat it too.all anyone sees is "it's legal now yea" but they don't see that big shiny dong that the gov will slide in and outta ya anytime from any angle they want.the gov and quote"it's a compassion thing and u better not make a profit and if we catch ya we WILL fuck u but on the back side while we have you blinded u better believe we gunna take a big ass cut of it" thats what i see and thats the truth of the matter.

so in essence what your saying is shame on the shops for trying to do what they do but no prob on giving the gov there cut? never heard anyone bring up this. my point is how much compassion is it and thats coming from the gov themselfs the compassion bs lmao yet they need a cut of all the action? now if it was really a compassion thing then the gov should set up a free based program to give mj to the people that can't afford it and can't grow someone really bad off.oh wait what was i thinking were talking gov or any "free based"program is never free it gets funding by who? lets all say it at the same time you and me.see how that wheel turns back to u and i every time to fit the bills 1 way or another?

like i said b4 nothing is ever free. but lets get down to the real brass tax here cause im way to smart to have the wool pulled over my eyes here.are u saying your so bad off that u can't work or even grow your own? naw did'nt think so u know what im getting at.the whole compassion thing is a front for most people to hide behind.everyone thought hey when it becomes legal and a compassion we will get all our shit from next to nothing.everyone forgot about business in gen and the reson anyone and i do mean anyone opens a biz is for what ? yes to make a living.and weed is the new gold rush b4 it was legal noone complained to there dealer hey thats to much why? cause the dealer would prob charge u more next time or short u or well just say fuck u go somewhere else.yes there are alot in very much need of it and are to sick or hurt to provide for themselfs ofcorse they should be delt with diffrently.but you and i and everyone here knows the number of the rest that"CAN" OUT WEIGH those people so really it comes down to wanting something for nothing and most ride the coattails of the whole "compassion" thing.LETS BE MEN and lets get real here.

p.s im not trying to down anyone but i have a very good bs detector right here in my pocket and i call it like i see it to the T.some might call it crude or whatever but i say the ones that are'nt being real with themselfs need to be.and im not namecalling or anything like that or being mean either but the truth is the truth.

ps u never see anyone bitching about seed vendor prices?compassion? it's ok to pay for the seed but not the finished product? humm 10 to 100 per seed sometimes and everyone is glad to fork it out and if u get to talk to them online and mark out to them even better.but whoever buys those seeds and grows the great plants that the vendors cross and they want to try an make a living off it well thats just evil? seems abit twisted here?u know what would happen if that happened everyone would say fuck the bud biz im a seed vendor now see again how that works? is your brains awake yet?

ps not hating on the vendors even tho it sounds like it lol. im not it's proving a very good point.i think it's great you do what you do and i expect to pay for it to and gladly

ps not saying one should charge 1000 an oz but if they do just remember this little detail in my wisper voice"u don't have to buy it"there are other places, this is a country that u have that choice not totally free but u do have choices. think of it this way if everyone thinks like u do then that person won't have it at 1k for very long.but as far as the shops go seems like everyone does'nt have the same view or else this would have happened already then again this is america the people here are known for there ability to complain about this or that then the very next day go right back to doing it.i don't get it but thats the case.i already know why but i'll let u fig it out.

TheStrainMan
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up Chronic Wellness. I hope the prices are fair.

neversummer
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Palerider, if you are gonna post that much, learn how to punctuate. It hurts my eyes to look at what you typed. No periods, or capitalization. Ouch.

palerider7777
09-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Palerider, if you are gonna post that much, learn how to punctuate. It hurts my eyes to look at what you typed. No periods, or capitalization. Ouch.

think u need glasses,tons of punctuations and....... so ur saying u see none?yea u need glasses.the top part thats all bunched up was not from me btw.

palerider7777
09-14-2009, 02:41 PM

typical lib talk,they pass right by the topic st8 to insults.cause they have no input and are mad about what someone wrote and it pisses them and they can't debate in a debatable fasion.So the only thing they always come up with is trying to pick apart someones post online none the less lmao.not what was said cause they have nothing for that so they go to the next lil thing ooh look u missed a . or u missed the m all u wrote was ust it should have been must lmaoyea it was i did'nt know how to spell it it was'nt a typo.

ok once your done with picking apart this one i do hope u do have something useful to say?sounds like another freeloader thats made cause they thought that post was aimed at them.Mad that someone said they should have to pay for something and get it for free off from the hard work of others..

NatureLover
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Palerider, you're a scumbag. We've been over this exact same issue in a different thread (the Colorado Dispensary Reviews thread) and in that thread you gave up and now you're crying because patients are tired of being ripped off by greedy dispensaries.

And you say cuz we're "mad that someone said they should pay for something and [not] get it for free off from the hardwork of others." Nobody here said anything about free, except someone supporting the prices saying basically I wish it were free but it's not. Dude, look at your reputation after 1,170 something posts - it's non-existent. That can only mean one thing; that people don't generally like you! I'm new to the board, but in the week or two since I've been here I can see why.

You suck man, let the patients ask for more reasonable prices cuz what they're asking for is only reasonable access, and perhaps many people in the production industry is confused, but the first people that Medical Marijuana laws should benefit is the patients, not the producers. The producers already make enough money, even without it being legal.

There's absolutely no reason that deregulation of a manufacturing market should cause price increases for the public, unless the system is corrupted and over a period of several years after deregulation few companies end up monopolizing the entire marketplace and conspiring to drive prices up. Deregulation should never lead to an immediate price jump upwards, and the proponents of deregulation of any industry always argue that it will bring the price down, because logically that's the only thing that can happen in the immediate term.

In any case of deregulation of any marketplace, if the producers immediately begin making a higher profit than they were before (which they are in this case, since they can be open about it and thus can serve many more customers - they're getting filthy rich compared to what they're used to, because they've been able to cut out all the middlemen and bring their product straight to a higher number of customers) while the customers recieve higher prices than before, that's always an example of the producers taking advantage of the new rules and of their customers.

It is plain and simple that any grower today is making more money serving more people because of the deregulation of the market than they were in years past, and that the legitimate patients are more often than not being raked over the coals by greedy businesspeople. This is no different than what happens in mainstream medicine, I'll give you that, but let's not pretend that it's not happening because it is.

I'm from Connecticut where there is no medical marijuana. The price there for good bud $35-45/8th and great bud is never more than $50/8th. Maybe it's because we're closer to Canada or Vermont or Maine or something, I don't know but I always imagined that Colorado was one of the good places to get pot too. You know, one of the producer states, where you can go to get really good pot for really cheap and bring it back home to enjoy; but I was wrong. Colorado has had medical marijuana for so long that apparently big business is already taking over the marketplace and gouging patients just like in any other legal healthcare industry, and the prices that patients have gotten used to paying are so much higher that even the street level dealers are jacking up their prices in order to take advantage also. Connecticut is not even a place that grows a lot of pot, we're just nearby some places that do, but to residents of Connecticut the finances of the Colorado medical marijuana market is a nauseating joke, the same way that the finances of Wall Street banks can be a nauseating joke. It might be funny if it weren't so disgusting.

The industry as a whole is gouging here, and as I pointed out in the other thread you can find plenty of caregivers and growers in colorado who offer good prices for great medicine, but they are the exception, not the rule, and anything over $300/oz is more than I would ever pay in Massachusetts or Connecticut, two states without current medical marijuana laws (in Connecticut possession of less than an ounce is still a felony) and two states which compared with Colorado, have all but nonexistent domestic production industries. I bet the price in Colorado was cheaper twelve years ago when there was no legal medical marijuana.

palerider7777
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Palerider, you're a scumbag. We've been over this exact same issue in a different thread (the Colorado Dispensary Reviews thread) and in that thread you gave up and now you're crying because patients are tired of being ripped off by greedy dispensaries.

And you say cuz we're "mad that someone said they should pay for something and [not] get it for free off from the hardwork of others." Nobody here said anything about free, except someone supporting the prices saying basically I wish it were free but it's not. Dude, look at your reputation after 1,170 something posts - it's non-existent. That can only mean one thing; that people don't generally like you! I'm new to the board, but in the week or two since I've been here I can see why.

You suck man, let the patients ask for more reasonable prices cuz what they're asking for is only reasonable access, and perhaps many people in the production industry is confused, but the first people that Medical Marijuana laws should benefit is the patients, not the producers. The producers already make enough money, even without it being legal.

There's absolutely no reason that deregulation of a manufacturing market should cause price increases for the public, unless the system is corrupted and over a period of several years after deregulation few companies end up monopolizing the entire marketplace and conspiring to drive prices up. Deregulation should never lead to an immediate price jump upwards, and the proponents of deregulation of any industry always argue that it will bring the price down, because logically that's the only thing that can happen in the immediate term.

In any case of deregulation of any marketplace, if the producers immediately begin making a higher profit than they were before (which they are in this case, since they can be open about it and thus can serve many more customers - they're getting filthy rich compared to what they're used to, because they've been able to cut out all the middlemen and bring their product straight to a higher number of customers) while the customers recieve higher prices than before, that's always an example of the producers taking advantage of the new rules and of their customers.

It is plain and simple that any grower today is making more money serving more people because of the deregulation of the market than they were in years past, and that the legitimate patients are more often than not being raked over the coals by greedy businesspeople. This is no different than what happens in mainstream medicine, I'll give you that, but let's not pretend that it's not happening because it is.

I'm from Connecticut where there is no medical marijuana. The price there for good bud $35-45/8th and great bud is never more than $50/8th. Maybe it's because we're closer to Canada or Vermont or Maine or something, I don't know but I always imagined that Colorado was one of the good places to get pot too. You know, one of the producer states, where you can go to get really good pot for really cheap and bring it back home to enjoy; but I was wrong. Colorado has had medical marijuana for so long that apparently big business is already taking over the marketplace and gouging patients just like in any other legal healthcare industry, and the prices that patients have gotten used to paying are so much higher that even the street level dealers are jacking up their prices in order to take advantage also. Connecticut is not even a place that grows a lot of pot, we're just nearby some places that do, but to residents of Connecticut the finances of the Colorado medical marijuana market is a nauseating joke, the same way that the finances of Wall Street banks can be a nauseating joke. It might be funny if it weren't so disgusting.

The industry as a whole is gouging here, and as I pointed out in the other thread you can find plenty of caregivers and growers in colorado who offer good prices for great medicine, but they are the exception, not the rule, and anything over $300/oz is more than I would ever pay in Massachusetts or Connecticut, two states without current medical marijuana laws (in Connecticut possession of less than an ounce is still a felony) and two states which compared with Colorado, have all but nonexistent domestic production industries. I bet the price in Colorado was cheaper twelve years ago when there was no legal medical marijuana.

the lil insults show your age as does your view on life. did i read correctly u wanted to come here to buy great bud on the cheap and take it back to your state?why?dealing? hummm. im a scum bag cause i said the biz have every right to do there biz the way they want and instead of crying like a lil baby about it and it's so free and easy to do then quit being so lazy and do it yourself? im a scumbag for that? damn what has the world come to.no wonder the gov does what it does.

you want to know the # 1 reason the shops are charging what they charge? your not very smart or either u don't think to much ahead on shit 1 of the 2?

i'll break it down for the simple minded,

it starts with the grower most shops have to buy just like anyone else it's called "product". where do they buy it from u guessed it the grower. now lets talk about this grower first he has to buy seed 15 to 20 per seed on avg say 100 for the grow starting out.if he sticks to that strain he can clone after that.k then the setup your looking anywhere from 1500 to 3k depending and that bill keeps going each time btw.then nutes about 150 to 300 per grow depending, soil or other medium 50$,every 1k of light u can add about 40 to 50 onto your bill a mo,then the stress from leo and robbers and anyone else finding out.fyi even tho it's legal i damn sure don't want leo or anyone else to know im doing it. why? what so peeps can be keepin there eye on u?nope.

then the knowledge comes in my dad used to own a locksmith biz and would open cars for 25 each and make keys for 75 to 100 each.and he would go to open the car and it would take him 10 to 20 secs.and sum people would say wow that was fast and a waste of my money u just made 25$ for 30 secs of work.my dad would reply you paid for my brain my knowledge.now to sumone like u that sounds like a rip off? sometime he would say hey u owe me nothing throw the keys back in the car lock it and say get in it yourself smart guy.

what they did'nt know was that had a 2k a month phone ad,1k a month building rent,400 a month light bill,and sold about 15k a month in products keys,locks and safes and so on. now people like u only picked up on 15k a month wow there all his bills paid right there...wrong 15k in sales don't mean u made 15k about 5/8 to 3/4 of just the 15k went to paying back the product he bought get it?

back to the grower shall we? so after all that the grow just plunked outta his pocket then we add up his time in the garden?or does that not count like any other job? thats like saying toby keith just made an album and he's charging 20 each what u gunna say wow all he's doing is singing and they charge that much wow look at all the money he's making"not taking in to account it's done in bulk".

so it's a full time job growing then comes the long part of trimming hunched over a bucket or where ever hours on end depending the size of crop.so in your big huge brain how much do u think the grow should get? say he pulls down 2lbs every 2 1/2 months how much u think he should get? 50 an oz? that would be 1600 for 2 and a 1/2 months of his money and time on the line thats it 1600? i say 50 an oz cause your bitching about 300 being to high and in order for the shop to turn a profit the grower would have to get next to nothing for it.even if i said 100 an oz thats 3200 for 2 1/2 months work,time,stress,his own money being spent.

basicly what your saying is fuck the grower and or fuck the shop thats making it so u can get it in a safe place?

like i said it's so easy and free u do it and quit whining simple.

NatureLover
09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Once again, your focus is on the producers, not the patient. I don't need to say any more than that. Your worry is about the grower, not the patient. Your patients, if you have any, must be really happy with you for always looking out for your own interests before theirs.

NatureLover
09-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Incidentally, the only black market dealer in boulder I've found has high grade medicine for $160/half ounce. That's $320 an ounce assuming he cuts you no break and I haven't been to or heard of any dispensaries in Boulder selling it for that cheap. And he doesn't even grow it. How is it that it's so much more expensive for those producers who have to deal with less interference from law enforcement, and who have much larger customer bases?

HighPopalorum
09-14-2009, 07:57 PM
At the risk of further encouraging this childish tit-for-tat, I think Naturelover might be slightly underestimating the amount of regulations dispensaries are subjected to. In fact, dispensaries are subject to all the same regulations and oversight that other businesses are. At one dispensary I visit, the owners were tearing out handrails and staircases because they were not up to code. Blackmarketeers are not subject to government regulation or taxation, only interdiction. As I speak, my city council is drafting new regulations for dispensaries in the city limits. The county won't be far behind. I don't think that deregulation is a useful term to describe what is happening, since dispensaries are subject to numerous state, local, county, and federal regulatory regimes, from the health department to the IRS.

Also, what sources do you cite for dispensary profits? I don't doubt that there are some profitable operations out there, but I'm just curious where you're getting your information.

Not trying to be a dick, just want to know more.

topjazzman
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
NatureLover,you are right they are talking and defending the grower because he is a grower and not a patient.My caregiver went from a caregiver to a disp.owner,He now has the largest disp.in the denver area.You can no longer buy a nice z from him but you can buy 4 qt bags from him with not great buds now.His price was 250 to 325 when he was a caregiver now 325 to 500 z.I understand the cost of running a retail store so please do not tell us again the expense.He has no shortage of product.Rich he will soon be.You fucking greety growers should not be on this forum and stay underground.My last thought is I am not here to piss anyone but to discuss other things and last Karma catches up to everyone!!!!!!!!