PDA

View Full Version : Pretty plant Ugly Problems

ShakinNBakin
03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I have a very pretty little plant that is about 1 1/2 months old....It has begun to look kind of brown on the edges and yellow around that. I am growing indoors and it has also begun to develop holes in the sun leaves. I have trimmed off the dying leaves and checked them very carefully for parasites. I could find none. Any advise?

sugarmagnolia
03-09-2005, 04:27 AM
brown leaves sounds like over-fert. not so sure about the sun leaves though.

give the whole setup for complete answer:

pic
lights,
ferts
watering
temp
humidity
overall coloration

ShakinNBakin
03-09-2005, 05:12 AM
I give it about 3000 lumen per sq foot but I keep it mainly out doors on my roof. I supplement the light for the evenings in an open air room with like I said about 3000 lpsf. For Ferts I mix 1/4 teaspoon of Flora-gro, 1/4 teaspoon micro-gro and 1/4 teaspoon flora-blood per 2 gallons. I water it normal once a day and water it with nutri about once a week to get it flushed. I have cut back with the nutri though and now just spritz it with Magnesium Phoshate, mag carbonate, and potassium mag. I figured the yellowing orignally was from lack of Mag and maybe Nitrogen. I never let it get into the 60s range in temp and never too hot. If my medium seems too warn I put a towel around its base and under it. For humidity it is at normal Texas Humidity, which is to say a good chunk in the summer. When it comes to over all coloration it now is a nice healthy green but the coloration is fading from the tips of the leaves in the brown to yellow rnge. The leaves are also slightly curling under. I even give it c02 once a day if not more. Thanks for your help.

p.s. How do I add a pic? I took some but see no upload button.

sugarmagnolia
03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
u can't do quick reply to post a pic. Hit post reply and then look above or below the box (can't remember which).

Not really sure. U may just wanna cut way back on ferts to test whether that is it or not. does it need to be watered everyday?

KanMan
03-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Don't feed nutrients everytime you water. Brown leaf tips can be a sign of nutrient burn.

Good Kannabis Growing!

BobBong
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Agree'd, to much nutrient for that small plant to handle!

It seems you water to much also, there's absolutely no reason why you should be watering everyday.. when you water, always give the plant enough water so that you see it leaking out of the bottom of the pot. this is how you know that the entire soil medium is wet.. if you only give it a little everyday to wet the top soil, the roots will develope poorly and the plant will show signs of overwatering... in my opinion you shouldn't be watering more then 2-3 times per week... if you MUST water daily because the soil is bone dry.. you're doing something wrong.

I accidently overdosed on my girls fertilizer a few weeks back, i compensated by just adding plain water...worked like a charm, it only showed signs of over fert for a few days..and the damage was minimal.

you've gone the extra step and cut the damaged leaves off.. but in my opinion you could've just trimmed off the damaged part... hope she recovers, i'm sure she will...

P.s Don't forget that these things are just PLANTS.. granted it's not as simple as just throwing some seeds down and coming back in 6 months to a nice full harvest...but it's not rocket science either...sure co2 helps, but it's not required.. niether is fertilizer... but it helps..

Don't baby your plants.. unless that's what you want.. baby plants...

ShakinNBakin
03-11-2005, 01:49 AM
I appreciate all the advice. This is my first plant and was kind of an experiment. And since my posting I have been watering only 2 times a week and no nutri, I flushed the medium with clear water and she is recovering beautiful. Thank you again!

sugarmagnolia
03-11-2005, 02:10 AM
good to hear she is doing better.