PDA

View Full Version : Height problem?!

MikeOD
03-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey guys i have two plants in a closet under 150 + 250 watt HIDs, they are white widow and thai weed (i got the seeds for the thai outta some bud i had) there both females.. yay! :) the widow is half the height of the grow room but the thai is nearly touching the light!!! they have been into flower (12/12) for 21 days, the widow requires 55 - 60 dunno about the thai, i dont think the widow will out grow its space but the thai is nearly touching the light!! im worried that if i leave it there it will get burnt and die!! :( i really dont want this to happen as its my first real grow under decent lights, any ideas what i can do to combat this, can i top it when its half way into 12/12 or will that cause problems, could i just move the thai plant to another bedroom and just rely on sun light and darkness to flower it? im really out of ideas, and dont know what to do, i would absolutley hate to see this plant die because it just grew to big for the room, so any advice i would greatly appriciate thanks!!

P.S. Sorry about grammar/spelling im quite stoned! :

Peace

MikeD

wizbin
03-13-2004, 10:45 PM
MikeD,

Have you tried tying the branches down? In the electrical dept at Home Depot the have velcro cord ties. (They are straps about 3/8 of an inch wide and a foot long). You can loop in around a branch near the top and "tie" it off to another piece of velcro (with adhesive on the back) that is stuck to the pot. You can easily adjust the pull on the branch until it is nearly parallel to the floor. Make for a lot of sites for new nodes as well.

enjoy,

wizbin

sensiskunk
03-15-2004, 05:23 AM
there is a growth hormone from advancednutrients.com that will totally hault all vertical growth to your plants, dont know the price,but it is proven to work, marc emery vouged for it!!