PDA

View Full Version : i'm going to be a father?

IanCurtisWishlist
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
yeah so my wife told me 2 nights ago that she's pregnant. i thought it was bullshit at first but then she went to the doctor. "Congradulations, your due date is May 1st", said the doctor. It is a change of life and I'm welcoming it--because I have a stable job and solid career goals. At this time i'm not making shit for wages and it's making me nervous, as is my lack of medical coverage for my wife. The reailty really is setting in hard--like a train hitting me at full speed. And at first i was just really shocked to find out i'm an expecting father.

i know most people would be scared or even angry if they weren't wanting a child. i was not planning on having kids this early in life and marriage(i'm on the lower side of the twentysomething scale and a newlywed of less than one year). in fact the only thing that gives me confidence in being a solid parent is knowing where my parents fucked up, and doing better than them.

it's going to be a crazy trip being a father but there are some good things involved, including:

1) my wife is not smoking weed anymore (saves me 50 % of the weed and 50 % of the money haha)
2) it's the perfect excuse to get my shit together as well--financially, educationally, whatever the case may be.

maybe some of you would like to share the moment your wife or , heaven forbid, "babymama" (as it is one word nowdays) told you that you were going to be a dad. Perhaps your reaction was joy, elation. Perhaps you were all like, "fuck no you a ho bitch it ain't mine"; only to be brought onto Maury Povich to be proven wrong. or maybe you got really stoned and thought about it the next day (kind of like what i did). go ahead, share your stories.

Garrett
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Congrats man, keep us updated.

:thumbsup:

Bong30
08-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Congrtas....(hands Cigar):rasta:

You will now know why you were put on this earth.

Being a Father is the best thing that ever Happened to me.

Puts shit in Perspective... that for sure.

Now If i can just get them to move out........LOL

mine are 6-8btw.

SnSstealth
08-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Hell yeah man..Wife just found out she was pregnant too! She is just past 8 weeks pregnant now. It is a hella rush man, she has quit cigs, and is only tokin when she needs to. But I am working on capsules for her to take when she needs to be medicated...making em equal to a 1/8th of a gram per cap...Just to help with the anxiety.
So your not alone on this ride man...Congrats and we can keep each other updated on our babies..
Congrats again man!!!
whiskeytango

Take THAT marijuana lowqering sperm count!!!!

IanCurtisWishlist
08-30-2008, 07:57 PM
SnSstealth:

Good for you that your wife is carrying your child. My wife basically has quit smoking weed but the morning sickness is quite unbearable for her. I've been offering her little hits of weed and once she takes like 4 hits the morning sickness subsides for a couple hours. I'd like to know who the asshole was who coined the term "morning sickness"--it seems to be "all day and all night sickness" in our circumstance. she continues to feel guilty about using cannabis medicinally (although illegally) and i continue to educate her, telling her, "next time you want to take an aspirin for a headache while you are pregnent, remember that it is doing more harm to the child than THC". If she needs a little convincing, I have to break it down and explain what the widely-used-and-highly-toxic pharmaceutical product does to the body VS the benign-never-causing-a-death-and-non-toxic cannabinoids are doing. Once I've explained that, she usually does the right thing (and is happy in the end).

:rastasmoke:

IanCurtisWishlist
08-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Take THAT marijuana lowqering sperm count!!!!

yeah seriously, if marijuana was powerful enough to lower sperm count to the point that pregnancy was not possible, i'm sure everybody from the 60's would not have needed the newly-found birth control pill ;). as a consequence, a good majority of us living today would never have been born. why? because daddy smoked 27 joints a day and the THC just killed off his balls and made him an impotent old man.

trust me, if it were true, marijuana would be the most popular and widely-used method of male birth control !

I could only imagine telling my son, "son , if you want to have safe unprotected sex, all you have to do is smoke some drugs before you have sex and you won't get her pregnant." is it good adivce? no, but it's what our government basically implies when they take certain "facts", manipulate the wording, and then takes them out of context (so much that they lable CANNABIS a NARCOTIC--which it has no opiate-based chemicals so it is not a narcotic, therefore the legal definitiion of cannabis as a narcotic is an absolute lie)

SnSstealth
08-30-2008, 08:08 PM
lol...yeah it would. I had the same talk with my wife, and she trusts me. She has been using the vape, and I am doing the caps for her too...
whiskeytango

dooobster
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Right on Ian... Congrats!! I too am about to be a father for the first time, my little girl will be born on October 1st. So yeah, I've had 8 months to think about it. I'm nervous but extremely excited at the same time, and I cannot wait for the little one to get here.
You're gonna be fine bro... Things like this have a way of clearing your mind and letting you see what ya gotta do.

IanCurtisWishlist
09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Right on Ian... Congrats!! I too am about to be a father for the first time, my little girl will be born on October 1st. So yeah, I've had 8 months to think about it. I'm nervous but extremely excited at the same time, and I cannot wait for the little one to get here.
You're gonna be fine bro... Things like this have a way of clearing your mind and letting you see what ya gotta do.

word

stinkyattic
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow, love is in the air! I just found out that my friends are expecting too! Congratulations all around, and don't forget to stock up the fridge with the great pregnancy foods- yoghurt and frozen yoghurt, saltines, carrots, etc!

IanCurtisWishlist
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, love is in the air! I just found out that my friends are expecting too! Congratulations all around, and don't forget to stock up the fridge with the great pregnancy foods- yoghurt and frozen yoghurt, saltines, carrots, etc!

yeah and all the other random shit she'll be craving . oy vey!

SnSstealth
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
lol....I gotta lot of weird shit in my fridge already...3 months along...woohoo
whiskeytango

beachguy in thongs
09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Uh-oh, me, too! Congratulations to everyone. I'm expecting a child, on March 9th. I'm researching hyperemesis gravidarum, because it seems that my girlfriend has it.

RedLocks
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I think prolly first kid I was scared a lil, but was happy with the idea of having a kid. For years I tought kids Skiing and snowboarding so I knew I liked being around kids, and liked making them happy and seeing them happy. Now that I have kids I would trade em for the world, they're the best lil rugrats ever. Gratz on the incoming kid and good luck!

speak of the devil, my 1 y/o is charging (crawling) towards me letting loose his baby war cry