PDA

View Full Version : Wash. medical pot patients protest caps on supply

jsn9333
08-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Published August 25, 2008
Local News | Wash. medical pot patients protest caps on supply | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008136904_apwamedicalmarijuana.html)
Wash. medical pot patients protest caps on supply

Medical marijuana activists plan to pack a state Health Department hearing to protest limits on how much pot a patient can have.

They're upset with the state's proposed caps, which will define the amount of marijuana and plants that are considered a legal two-month supply under state law.

State officials once wanted to propose 35 ounces and 100 square feet of plant-growing area. But Gov. Chris Gregoire thought that was too high, and ordered the Health Department to meet with law enforcement.
Afterward, the proposed limits dropped to 24 ounces of usable pot, along with six mature plants and 18 immature plants. Those are the same limits used in Oregon.

I personally think they need to calm down before their right to medical cannabis gets totally repealed again. They don't know how good they fucking have it.

Who in the hell needs more then a half oz. per day anyway (which is about what 24 oz per two months works out to). I'm sorry, but if you need more than 14 joints of medical grade herb a day... you need some stronger medicine.

blizz
08-27-2008, 03:58 AM
yea no kidding lol.we as americans always push the limits, give it time tho its all good :jointsmile:

killerweed420
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Actually there are people who need more than 12 ounces a month. I have a friend that goes through a pound a month from smoking and eating. She was in a serious car accident 30 years ago and its the only thing that keeps her from going into siezures. But the new rules have the stipulation that a doctor can prescribe more than 12 ounces a month if he thinks it will help. The majority of complaints about the new rules is about the rule on vegging plants. 18 plants no more than a foot tall and then 6 in flower. 12' for vegging just isn't going to work.
All in all I've been fairly happy with how the health dept has handled the new rules. Been some ploitics invovled, but there always is.

veggii
08-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Ya know one thing I always see missing when any state talk about setting amounts to be possesd. they don't talk about how this is a crop grown just the same as other crops. Lot of people are only able to grow their crop once a year! like regular crops. so they need to produce enough to last for a whole year. [ its farming 101] you corrupt greedy copper ;)

jsn9333
08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Ya know one thing I always see missing when any state talk about setting amounts to be possesd. they don't talk about how this is a crop grown just the same as other crops. Lot of people are only able to grow their crop once a year! like regular crops. so they need to produce enough to last for a whole year. [ its farming 101] you corrupt greedy copper ;)

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

painretreat
08-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Triple that--excellent thought! So true!

They have put limits on how much "opiate" you can possess, beyond the prescribed amt. you are given. But, it can be manufactured any day! Crop is a Crop! Any farmer will tell you that and if you loose your crop, you are broke! In this case, out of medicine!

We need entire U.S.A. activism to get it legal for all! Sure, give us a minute and we want 10. The more WA gets, the more your own state may. We need to support each other!! :jointsmile: :thumbsup: