PDA

View Full Version : Strain recommendation for anti-inflammatory benefits...

BlueDevil
08-17-2008, 02:48 AM
First, some necessary back ground info. I've had issues with my knees since I was in my early teens - one summer I had a growth spurt which netted me 5 inches in height, and ever since then it's seemed like my knees were filled with equal parts synovial(sp?) fluid and beachsand. And of course, being a typical don't-give-a-fvck teenage male I didn't let that slow me down in my study of martial arts, hockey, and volleyball. Low impact stuff is for pussies right? ;) Anyway, now I'm older and am really starting to feel the wear and tear...err, down there. Thankfully the original diagnosis of Osgood Schlotter Disease I'd been given turned out to be incorrect.

Cortisone, Naproxen, MSM, glucosamine, you name it I've probably tried taking it for long periods of time and I still can't name a substance that made my knees feel, well, normal. Heard the other day from a stoner buddy of mine that there are some strains with pronounced anti-inflammatory properties, but he didn't drop any names. Worth a shot I suppose, I'm willing to try anything once (within reason of course..)

I might end up like my mother, whose genes have graced her with bone-on-bone contact in her knees and the need for a cane. I can handle that - guys pull off cane-use way better than girls ;) It's the gritty, burning, aching sensation in my legs I could really do without. Anyone have any personal experience or recommendations for me to ponder? Tylenol and Aleve aren't playing nice with my stomach any longer, so now I'm thinking I may have to dust off Ye Olde GreenThumb for my own medicinal empowerment...

my thanks in advance...

edit: should have mentioned I examined the sticky list and took note to mentions concerning arthritis - but I'm more interested in actual personal experiences than a simple linking of name to malady.