PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, please help!

carlsja
08-16-2008, 04:00 AM
hi ppls,
it's kinda the same old story! i need to pass a drug test. i apologise if im asking questions that have already been answered here but i had a read thru of other threads and couldnt find a case that fits my circumstances! ill try keep this as short as possible but theres a bit to explain!

im 6'4 and 273.3 pounds - im not obese but i am overweight. i have been quite a heavy smoker for the past 3 years, (10-15 cones a day) however wen i found out i had to pass a test i went cold turkey and have now gone 46 days without any smoking at all.
i have been testing myself weekly over the last 3 weeks with home test kits made by "point of care diagnostics" and i am unsure about the results. the last 2 tests ive done there is the faintest of lines appearing but its not a red colour like the control line, and i can only see it from quite close up in the right light. i havent noticed it before but i wasnt checking quite as closely as i have been these last 2 tests.

is this line a negative result or can i just see the reactive strip? it says in the instructions that it doesnt matter how faint it is but im concerned that its not going red.
also, if this is a positive result what is the longest amount of time it could take me to get clean? im in australia where i believe the cutoff is 50ng. has anyone experienced a similar situation? i dont have to take the test til i want to so times not an issue but i miss my billys and am starting to get a lil frustrated!!!!

thanks for taking the time to read, any opinions would be hugely appreciated! i hope i explained it clearly!!!
jon

Iguana
08-16-2008, 04:53 AM
A line in the negative is a negative. From what I've seen, the reaction line is not as dark as the control line. Not sure about the rest of your questions, but you could use the search function or hope that others reply. Good luck and best wishes.

carlsja
08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
thanks mate