PDA

View Full Version : From Bay Area, few questions!

Blankman
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Hello. I'm a medical marijuana patient from the Bay Area. I just recently got my prescription. I have a few questions, though. I know the text of Prop. 215 and SB 420, but I grew up in a poor neighborhood so I realize that there is a huge difference between what the law says and what the police actually do.

According to the text of the law, it's okay to smoke in public. But in practice, is it okay to smoke in public? I like to take walks and smoke, but only in secluded areas, just in case. If a police officer happens to stumble upon me, will they harass me? Can I bring a photocopy of my prescription with me just in case? Can my paraphernalia be seized? If I'm driving home from a dispensary, if I get pulled over will the police officer give me a hard time when he smells my marijuana (which he will, because I buy high quality stuff)?

Besides that, is there anything else I need to know that I wouldn't know from reading the text of the laws regarding medical marijuana? What advice would you give to someone who is looking to stay out of trouble?

Maybe I'm not a trusting person or just paranoid, but I just can't imagine a police officer seeing me smoking a joint, then just leaving me alone after he finds out I have a prescription.

bayareapurps
08-14-2008, 10:39 PM
well first things first do u have just your precription? county card or state card? u cant smoke in public... u can but dont get caught... u will be cited for public intoxication... same with smokin in a car u can but if u get caught dont ever ever ever tell the cop u smoked they will hit u with d.u.i... if u have just your perscription just smoke in your house... but also make shure the county your are in complies with your perscription... when u went or go to the ocbc to get your card pay extra n get your state card... u can have up to 2 pounds in your house an can have up to 8 ounces in your car

west coast style
08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Just to clear things up.

It's not a prescription. Doctor's can't prescribe marijuana (in California). They can only write a recommendation for it. I know, I know, same difference. But let's just get the terminology correct.

Also, I don't know where you got the 2 pounds in your house from. Patients can have up to 6 mature plants, and 12 immature plants (and this is just the MINIMUM - there is actually no limit according to the recent Supreme Court rulings), and up to 8 ounces of dried marijuana.

As far as smoking in public, just don't do it around an area with a high contentration of traffic going through. You don't want to be blowing marijuana smoke while a a family of 4 are walking down the street or something along those lines. As a medical marijuana patient, you should have your doctor's recommendation on you at all times. I've actually made copies of mine. I put a copy in my wallet, another in both my cars, and more at home just in case.

Don't worry about it too much. Honestly from my experiences with cops (and I've had plenty of them), they really don't give a rats ass about marijuana. One cop told me straight up to get a "cannabis card" because it was "really easy to get one." He still gave me a ticket for my weed, but hey, it's funny when cops talk like that.

veggii
08-15-2008, 06:01 PM
heres my :twocents: get your reco and make copies of it put in one wallet and one in glovebox. then proceed about your life as if you dont have a recomendation and its still illegal. ;) ;)

http://boards.cannabis.com/legal/143659-busted-citizens-guide-surviving-police-encounters.html

bayareapurps
08-17-2008, 06:21 AM
u need your original copies.... dont mean to be an ass.... bro i live in frisco and it's not 6/12 bullshit in other county's it is 25 sQft... so as many as you can fit in there is what u can grow... and i am a caregiver... and if u are a caregiver u can "hold" other patients "percription's" but but yeah state limit is 6 bloomin or 12 veggin.... and riding in your car can have up to 8 ounces per card member